Some progress on my forgefiend, Ms. Blinky....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JPrTjsre9Bw/UdULhnfhXjI/AAAAAAAABO4/7bnb4YWcy6o/s883/blinkyEYE02pip.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s-FvPDyd6y0/UdULk05sgVI/AAAAAAAABPA/V70f5uTc4sA/s986/Blinkyside02pip.jpg

Still lots more detailing, but the basic colors are blocked in for the armor/metal parts (brown) and the green on the armor. The fleshy parts are pretty much done. Then.... there will be the eye.

Cheers ya'all!

Thanks for the great comments guys!

Creepy is good. I'm going for a mix if disturbingly cute and creepy in the end. The skeleton on the base will look like it was freshly 'deposited' there by the tentacles, so there will be slime,etc. But there is just no way to effectively paint her while she is attached to the base. Thank the dark Gods she came off easily when I wanted to paint her. I say the skin is pretty much done, but I'll likely do some nit picky stuff on the diseased exhaust stacks. There are 'faces' in there and things that could be eyeballs.  Speaking of eyeballs.... 'da kunnin' plan' is still to go with the cutsy "Puss in boots" look, but I'm going to be using some sort of undead/zombie like eye to do it. Picture that looking up at you from the tabletop.:sick:

I think the cuteness has been lost a bit here, unless you plan to make that into a gigantic puppy dog eye :teehee:

Are you thinking a milky white cataract sort of eye then?  It may be interesting if you can manage to paint some subtle faces into it, too, either in the swirls of gray-white or maybe with the bloody veins in the corners...

Still, you're a sick man.

I think the cuteness has been lost a bit here, unless you plan to make that into a gigantic puppy dog eye :teehee:

Yes, make it a puppy dog eye. A cat's eye would also be cool.

You might  notice...if you look back far enough, that the very same picture is what I plan for Ms. Blinky's eye. The question is colors. So I'm trying to figure out how to make a necrotic/zombie-like cutsey puppy dog eye.

And Firepower....as far as being a sick man....uh, why thank you. Thank you, very much. :)

• 1 month later...

A half dozen gore strewn behemoths picked their way through the corpses of what had been the 116th Crius Royal Household Fussiliers.. or
at least its mobile kitchens and supply train. As one gorged himself on a gallon of ice cream, another took the heads of the coffee cart staff.
Khorne doesn't care where the skulls come from.

Pusticlese stepped over the disembowled corpse of a dishwasher. "Nice job. Did they put up a good fight?" he suppressed a smirk, though on
his half rotten face it was hard to tell. Buboe, who lumbered behind him made no attempt to hide his chuckle and accented it by a clanking
barrage of flatulence inside his rusting armor.

A beastial face glowered back at them, its goatee covered in cookies and cream. "Piss off. We lost two of our brothers."

"You lost two guys in TERMINATOR ARMOR to cooks?!?" gaffawed Buboe in his baritone.

"They had knives! And ...and...f-flammable liquids!" The beast terminator pointed to the smoldering hulk that used to be his battle brother. He
took a step toward a tub of rocky road, then remembered it had peanutsin it. "Besides, Khorne doesn't care where his Dogs get their skulls."

"So, you guys are the Dogs of Khorne?" Pusticles asked, cradling his combi-bolter. "You know you kind of have that goat thing going on. That
beasty goat thing. Not so much of a dog thing."

"I AM CHAD! Champion of the BLOOD GOD!!" The terminator puffed up to his full height as his  remaining compatriots gathered closer, hefting
their weapons and newly collected heads. "WE are the DOGS of KHORNE! We hunt for skulls for HIS throne.!"  Vanilla ice cream frothed in this
goat like mouth, though he coughed a bit on the chips of cookie in his throat as he led his team in a growl.

The two plague marines stood silent. Buboe, towering over Pusticles by a head or two, snorted a bit as he bumped his champion's shoulder
plate with his elbow. "They're Khorne Dogs."

The two burst out laughing and walked back down the hill. Chad, Champion of Khorne let out a physical sigh, as his companions hurled a
few heads and many insults at the two plague marines.  He kicked around in the freezer cart. There had to be some plain chocolate in there somewhere. Just some plain friggin chocolate.

After a much deserved vacation (first one since 2003) and a medical vacation (not as much fun as the other one) I decided I needed to do some building and my poor, abused Terminators were in desperate need of an overhaul Who knows... maybe it will bring them some better luck.  After being stripped down a bit, any remaining mold lines trimmed,etc.  they looked like this....

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-1Nh4CQ3a6zM/UhvhVOycUeI/AAAAAAAABQg/JoNp_Y7fY5g/s1600/Term2.0begin.jpg

Then the work began. I changed the weapon load out a bit. The unit (though I normally field 8- just to keep Khorne happy- because a sad Khorne can be a dangerous Khorne) has 3 power mauls, 2 paired Lightning claws, 2 combi-bolters(powerfists), 1 heavy flamer(one of the power maul crew) and the rest have power fists. I made sure everyone had the dreaded "bunny ears of Khorne" and looked thoroughly disgruntled and here's what  a few nights of on and off work has given me....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sbIPgDHNF3M/UhvjkTHPaUI/AAAAAAAABQ0/7gXkhowpG0I/s1600/Trm2.0Closeups.jpg

YEAH, yeah.... I know they don't have any shoulder pads. Well, they are going to get primed (as needed) and painted as is, while I wait for these...

http://puppetswar.com/img/p/167-645-large.jpg

I've been taking stock of the minis I have so there is likely to be some more building before I get to Ms.Blinky's eye. That...and the humidity has been unbearable here in the land of the evil Mickey Mouse, so I'm waiting for some better airbrushing weather. :wink:

I'm also thinking about doing a reaper Autocannon guy. Anyone got any feedback on them? Is it worth it? Usually these boys show up and get in close quick (thus the flamer)... wondering if it'd be a worth while option.

Edited by rednekkboss

I'm seriously thinking about an empty ice cream container on his base after writing that tonight. :) The big running joke (other than these guys ALWAYS dieing a horrible death in the name of Khorne.... not always against superior opponents) is the goat heads on the "dogs" of Khorne.  The original bunch had such a mish mash of shoulder plates and the unit didn't look cohesive at all. Now they will, with the "bunny ears" and shoulder plates - along with paint scheme(tarnished bronze, fire and blood red)- they should at least look good when they die horribly. remember, Khorne really doesn't care where the blood or skulls come from.

Buddy, I thought we had agreed that you would give fair warning of humorous content. Now I have to buy  new key board.

Khorne Dogs, honestly!

But aside from loving the fluff I am digging the mini's too, don't see enough beast man bits used in chaos armies nowadays!

boss, please report for your vigorous beating for that joke.

Khorne Dogs...my poor brain.  :D

The faux-Cataphracti  pauldrons should look pretty cool on them, can't wait to see them.  Just warn us next time before you make that bad a pun.

@Nighthunters - Geesh, my tech replacement tab is just getting higher and higher. Best to make the assumption I'll at least be trying for a giggle on each post so you can cover your computer in plastic.

@Chromezephyr - Nurgle made me do it.:whistling:   I am excited about the cataphracti style pauldrons. I'm going to be doing a squad of 'normal ' Khorne marines as well, so I'll be getting the pauldrons for them too. The Khorne contingent of the army consists largely of meatshiel...er, I mean, cultists (that way there is never a shortage of sacrifice to Khorne) and it will have an allied deamon contingent as well.  I want to go primarily with bronze as the main color to tie in with the browns in the rest of the army. A Lot of tarnished, blood (and ice cream) splattered bronze.

This is a disgustingly delicious dunking thread :) If i ever do choas it will definitely be nurgle... well maybe thousands sons as i have a cool idea but nurgle or Tzeench lol 

Slowed by airbrush issues and humidity (....and frankly, just wanting to build something big), I decided to dig out something I've wanted to start. This will be my first "helldrake". First, the humble beginnings....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yHYStY0xX0A/UiYgVeU97OI/AAAAAAAABSg/KobZSYcmIr4/s1600/SpdrBody1.jpg

After a bunch of green stuff and a few hours of sculpting, pinning and general ork-like engineering....

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ZUGg1XDIWnU/UiYg2MezAYI/AAAAAAAABSo/8URpgeo9pi4/s1600/Spdrbody3.jpg

Its far from done. More legs, more mechanization and more general gribbliness to come, but here's a quick photo-editor mock up of the basic layout. (lots more chaos to be added... so keep in mind- basic mock up)

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-j9We9d3mAdI/UiYhJypyKPI/AAAAAAAABSw/TfJfbEVugH8/s1600/SpdrMockUp1.jpg

And now.... I wait for greenstuff to dry. ;) 

I am desperately struggling with my desire to finish Ms. Blinky and waiting on a new part for the airbrush, but I think the airbrush base will be better than a hand painted one, so I will distract myself with this big gribbly and some Khorny Terminators in worn bronze armor. 

There are a couple more in progress shots on my blog, if you want to check them out.

Cheers ya'll.

I'd drop the Storm Talon engine pods and go with Heldrake wings. place the wings to look like they are bursting out of its chitin shell from the daemon within.

The Engine pods are too inorganic...

Edited by Gratan

I'd drop the Storm Talon engine pods and go with Heldrake wings. place the wings to look like they are bursting out of its chitin shell from the daemon within.

The Engine pods are too inorganic...

While not a bad idea at all, I'm pretty much stuck working with what I have on hand. (I'm married....that's all I'll say on the subject.:wallbash: )  But the engines won't look like that on the finished product, there is much chaos-ifying and other convertion to be done to them yet.  Also, though not entirely evident at this point, I'm going for a mix of machine and monster here, so there will be much more inorganic to come.

After some dryfitting and dremelling and such, I decided to scrap the Stormtalon engines.  Since I'm using other parts, I guess my Orks will finally get that Volksjager they've been wanting.  I started to fill the big empty space in the thorax with a pilot/sacrificial slab of meat... he doesn't look so good now, though. AND... for the heck of it, I drilled two holes clean through the abdomen.... for engines.  Then... Gratan, I'll be scratch building some wasp-like mechanical wings.

Here's a pic of the 'in-progress' work. Still alot of detailing to go on the 'cockpit' area, it will be more gross and more mechanical. Then work up to the intakes and the wing mounts. I'll be using a ball at the end of the wing, so making the socket will be easy before I make the wings. I might even be able to finish the critter's body and start painting before I finish and attach the wings.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-l2thALj-ltY/UilI-ZN5HHI/AAAAAAAABTA/ZW6OB60en-c/s1600/CkpitEnginesredux.jpg