Elmo's seemingly constant WIP

elmo

The first 2 Vindicators of the Line Breaker Squadron

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/Dark%20Angels/P9210016_zpsbcdda2df.jpg

Urge to buy vindicators... Rising...

Wait until you get to the page where he adds the third. You're in for a treat.

Elmo, I'm cracking open my Nephilim box tonight and I like to pick your brains.

There si no way I'm doing so much magnets (did so for a DE flier and I keep "losing" the pieces I'm not using)...so what do you think is the BARE minimum I should do to be able to get the 2 versions?

Much appreciated!

It depends if you want all the decoration...

If I was to take a step back to save work then only put the covers on the underside rather than the 4 thrusters and glue on the fancy decoration on the fuselage. I would still magnetise all the weapon options though.

That should save you over half the magnets. ;)

The only things that really need magnetising are the weapons to switch between the Neph/Talon so the wing missile/Hurricane bolters, the Heavy bolter/lenses at the engine roots and the chin weapons and the bomb of course.

The rest of it is just bling ;)

The only things that really need magnetising are the weapons to switch between the Neph/Talon so the wing missile/Hurricane bolters, the Heavy bolter/lenses at the engine roots and the chin weapons and the bomb of course.

The rest of it is just bling :wink:

I so wish I would have done this; you have no idea.

I was looking at my vulcancannon on my Neph and I tried ripping it off so I could put the twin las on it... ugh. I really messed up. Also, I want to use the Dark Talon badly and try blinding SOMETHING!  But at best I can only proxy my glued together Nephilim.

I have too many projects going. It's time to focus on something for a while to actually feel a sense of accomplishment. I may try to get my hands on another Nephi kit from somewhere... perhaps a trade or something not too used so I can do as you've done here.

It is always worth going down the "way of the magnet" to get the most out of the expensive kits:

I have just been through the painting queue for my Tau and AM, now it is the turn of the DA...

HQ

Company commander x 4

Company champion x 1

Chaplain x 2

Techmarine x 1

Deathwing

Terminators x 6

Ravenwing

Bikes x 29

Attack bikes x 3

Greenwing

Veterans x 5

Tactical marines x 71

Dreadnaught x 1

Assault marines x 4

Best get busy :sad.:

Edited by elmo

You have not seen the Tau list :(

At least the Nephilump is done now. Photos tonight.

Edited by elmo

Thanks guys...

As promised here is the layout of my photo area

gallery_62353_10059_69831.jpg

I use an overhead desk lamp and 2 clip on lamps to limit the amount of shadow. The lamps are cheap and cheerful but the important thing for me was to make sure that there are good bulbs fitted and I use daylight bulbs to get a good colour balance.

The main backing paper is a large sheet of white paper (mine was from staples) and the smaller (A3) was printed from a file found on the internet (I got the link from Capt. Semper but seem to have lost it now). I have pinned it to a disposable plasterboard sheet in the cellar but you could buy a cork pin-board if you don't want holes in your wall ;)

The camera is just a standard digital one but the important thing is to get one with a delay and a tripod to avoid the shaky hand syndrome. Also macro function. You will have to play with the camera settings to get the best balance.

I have found that this system is ok for up to a Baneblade but anything bigger than that I have 2 garage spot-lamps which I use for my army shots but these are always a hit and miss affair.