However, you could consider the way the Valorous Heart approach penitence and sin. Perhaps Lyse is too forgiving - of herself and her Sisters, as much as the enemy. Too liable to offer heretics a chance to surrender.

It's an idea. Or perhaps, she was too forgiving once and that it resulted in the decimation of a group of loyalists (perhaps Guard, or even a group of Hospitallier) It changed her to the point of cold indifference, and she improved her skills as a torturer as a result to try to atone for her failing before...

I like it the scheme and the thematics behind it. I also like that your story shows struggle to let them split from their main brethren (as most stories don't show that side). All the characters mesh well together as they all have the same goal, I know all sisters do but going about it their quite similar in mindset as well. Repentia are such an awesome side to sisters that I find it hard not to make a chapter that wouldn't have them teeming about :tongue.:.

After having around six Marine DIY's (seven if you count my version of the Rainbow Warriors [an irony not lost on me due to that picture from way back :laugh.: ] ), I really wanted to do my Sisters army right. I've spent so many hours reading and rereading as much of the existing fluff (past and present) to try to do them justice. I've had a lot of fun with them, mainly because of the fact that they are quite different to Marines (and the fact that when I left the hobby near the start of Second Edition, they didn't exist as they do now), that it's been a refreshing change :happy.:

And as a Carolina Panthers fan, I approve at the filthy heretic Baltimore Ravens...I, I mean reavers :tongue.:

Could have been worse - I was going to use Saint Louis... :laugh.: But back on topic. I can't wait until my Exorcist turns up. My future purchases will (hopefully) include at least one Penitent Engine (mainly as I want my fluff to focus on the pilot of one...)

Just so you know, you will need to use the special roof part of the immolator sprue to build the Exorcist, so you won't be able to make another 'true' Immolator without it. What you can do though, is build the Exorcist and use tons of parts left over from the Immo sprue to Sisterfy that Rhino.

And just in case anyone needs this information in the future, the Exorcist kit is also lacking the transparent window dome piece.

Just so you know, you will need to use the special roof part of the immolator sprue to build the Exorcist, so you won't be able to make another 'true' Immolator without it. What you can do though, is build the Exorcist and use tons of parts left over from the Immo sprue to Sisterfy that Rhino.

And just in case anyone needs this information in the future, the Exorcist kit is also lacking the transparent window dome piece.

Aww! :sad.: Oh well, as you said, it means bitz to "Sister-fy" other Rhinos :happy.: Mind you, I suppose if I put some thought into it, I could make the Exorcist so that I can change between that and an Immolator. Unless the kits are really that different.

From the look of it, it'll be a blingy Immo, but doable. My main concern would be the organ assembly falling off during play, since you'd have to avoid glueing it to get the desired effect.

You could, of course, imrovise a top-plate modification for the front of the rhino to sit the Immolator turret in.

Edited by *Furyou Miko

Motoko isn't in charge? Sounds like heresy... The rest of the fluff is good :thumbsup: Speaking of which, that seller sounds suspicious as hell, give him a bad score and see if he suddenly becomes more helpful.

As to Rhinos, you'd be surprised how Sistery a normal Rhino can look in the Order's colours and some transfers and bits (which you always have loads spare) :smile.:

I could have sworn I replied to this post :blink.:

Motoko isn't in charge? Sounds like heresy... The rest of the fluff is good :thumbsup:

I did consider Motoko being the Canoness, but I've come to relate a lot to my red-headed (borderline) psychopath! :laugh.: I wanted to make a real effort on the background to my Sisters, and I'm glad it shows

Speaking of which, that seller sounds suspicious as hell, give him a bad score and see if he suddenly becomes more helpful.

Well, I've appealed directly to ebay about the matter, so hopefully, I can move on soon. I have ordered something similar from Australia (two Seraphim Superiors, one without the helmet and two regular Seraphim), so hopefully they'll actually show up! :laugh.:

As to Rhinos, you'd be surprised how Sistery a normal Rhino can look in the Order's colours and some transfers and bits (which you always have loads spare) :smile.:

I'll be getting some more FW doors soon too :happy.:

On to the business of the day:

med_gallery_51296_8390_736703.png

I've been looking forward to collecting this from my local GW all week :wub.:

Having opened it, I realise just how much work this'll take to get done. The joins between various parts are rather poor, but not impossible. I'm not sure if there should be instructions included, but I didn't get any regarding how the Launcher fits together, but I've figured it out (I think). Like all units in my army, it'll get some fluff appropriate to her stature :happy.:

Edit:

I just got a reply from ebay - I've been fully refunded. Now...what Sisters unit do I get next...?

Edited by Aquilanus

No, you don't get instructions! That would be helpful! :p

Make sure you dry fit everything first to make sure, and remember the metal loading pit needs to go under the plastic roof part of the Rhino before you glue it together. Otherwise it's not that bad of a kit to build.

Im not sure leaving it swappable between Exo and Immo would work too well... in fact I'm not sure it would be worth the time and effort over just getting a seperate Immolator. It would become a project that could take weeks to do.

No, you don't get instructions! That would be helpful! :tongue.:

Make sure you dry fit everything first to make sure, and remember the metal loading pit needs to go under the plastic roof part of the Rhino before you glue it together. Otherwise it's not that bad of a kit to build.

I'll be starting the Exorcist after the Immolator. I think it will need a fair bit of time to put to together.

Im not sure leaving it swappable between Exo and Immo would work too well... in fact I'm not sure it would be worth the time and effort over just getting a seperate Immolator. It would become a project that could take weeks to do.

Seeing in the plastic and metal, I think you're right. I have mulled over the possibility of magnetising the launcher part to the chassis for ease of transport, but that will take some planning as well. I might just bite the bullet and find a specific carrying solution for it over that. Might be easier in the long run! :laugh.:

Edited by Aquilanus

I just got a reply from ebay - I've been fully refunded. Now...what Sisters unit do I get next...?

In answer to that, I now have two five Sister Seraphim squads, plus two regular Seraphim and three additional Superiors :laugh.:

Let's hope that these actually turn up!

So this is the list I'm now working on (give or take - there are some units I don't actually have models for yet...) (Yes) and (No) mark which units I actually have (Inbound) means that, well, they're inbound :laugh.:

New Sisters list circa 2000pts (1841pts)

Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment)

No Force Org Slot

Sororitas Command Squad (Yes)

Hospitaller, Melta Bombs (Sister Lyse)

Celestian (Sister Motoko)

Boltgun, Storm Bolter

Celestian

Boltgun, Storm Bolter

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Immolator (Yes)

Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer

HQ

Canoness (Saffron Sera) (Yes)

Chainsword, Inferno Pistol, Melta Bombs, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia

Saint Celestine (Annabelle Chrysanthemum) (Yes)

Elites

Repentia Squad (No)

4x Sister Repentia

Mistress of Repentance

Melta Bombs

Sororitas Rhino (Lucia's Providence) (Yes)

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour, Laud Hailer, Storm Bolter

Troops

Battle Sister Squad (Yes)

4x Battle Sisters

Sister Superior

Boltgun, Melta Bombs, Power Sword, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior

Sororitas Rhino (No)

Extra Amour, Laud Hailer, Storm Bolter

4x Battle Sisters

Sororitas Rhino (No)

Sister Superior

Chainsword, Melta Bombs, Plasma Pistol, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior

4x Battle Sisters

Sister Superior

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Sororitas Rhino (No)

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour, Hunter-Killer Missile, Laud Hailer

Fast Attack

Dominion Squad (Yes)

4x Dominions, 3x Flamer

Sororitas Rhino (No)

Dominion Superior

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Seraphim Squad (Inbound)

6x Seraphim, Two Hand Flamers

Seraphim Superior

Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

Seraphim Squad (Inbound)

6x Seraphim, Two Hand Flamers

Seraphim Superior

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

Heavy Support

Exorcist :devil:

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour

Penitent Engine Squadron (No)

Penitent Engine

Retributor Squad (Yes)

4x Boltgun, Heavy Bolter, Heavy Flamer, Multi-Melta

Immolator (No)

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour, Laud Hailer, Twin-Linked Heavy Flamer

Retributor Superior

Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Melta Bombs, Upgrade to Veteran Retributor Superior

Won't take too much to get up to 2000 points. I did see a Knight in an Orders colours recently... :laugh.:

Whilst I still haven't got any more painting done, I did get the first of my Seraphim today :wub.:

med_gallery_51296_8390_596574.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8390_226529.jpg

As you can see, the box is near mint, and the Sisters themselves have never been painted. I'm kinda glad the first box of Seraphim I bought fell through, despite the trouble as getting both sets was only slightly more costly than the ones I never received. Weird that.

The other full squad is one with the other style of packaging (which I think is roughly third? edition)

I must admit that I've gone a bit over board with the number of Seraphim I've bought. There is reason for my madness though. I mainly wanted the two full squads and mixed models (the latter from Australia no less, and were very cheap considering the distance sent and the models I got for the price...) for the five Superiors. It's such a shame that you can't get them from GW anymore :sad.: I do intend on starting a second Sisters army after my Dauntless Spirit one. It'll be either my Order of Machaeram (albeit with a heavy editing - the names are far, far, far too derivative of a certain Anime series :laugh.: ), or create another one...

I'm having a lot of fun making this army, and whilst I could just make the Dauntless Spirit larger (when they're actually a relatively small Order, but I'll probably carry on with them anyway :happy.:), I decided to start another so that I can explore the Adepta Sororitas from another angle :smile.: This means having at least one Seraphim squad for each army, hence the jumping on ebay lots to get so many Superiors :laugh.:

As I want to get my main Sisters army to 2K, I thought about getting a Knight and this one in particular. The Thermal cannon seems appropriate :happy.:

I got lucky when I bought the main lot of my army that I got a fair few superiors for both troops and seraphim :)

It is very silly that they're no longer available...it brings up doom thoughts in my head..."the emperor protects, we shall get updated!"

Having two different chapters is very cool though and will look good for allying up for big games :)

Edited by Sororita Katya

Highly unlikely - the Battle Sisters were one of the first wave of unleaded miniatures. :tongue.: (Citadel switched to lead-free in February 1997, Sisters were released in August 1997).

Besides, they never used pure lead - they used 'white metal alloy', a compound of lead and other, undisclosed white metals that probably mostly consisted of tin.

Edited by *Furyou Miko

Highly unlikely - the Battle Sisters were one of the first wave of unleaded miniatures. :tongue.: (Citadel switched to lead-free in February 1997, Sisters were released in August 1997).

Besides, they never used pure lead - they used 'white metal alloy', a compound of lead and other, undisclosed white metals that probably mostly consisted of tin.

Crap, my funny jokes and urban legend spinning... shot to hell.

• 2 weeks later...

I love your purples, Aqui.

Even if they are blondes.

Thanks :smile.: The Blondes are going to moved to different squads, although I might make a squad that are kinda like the Stepford Cuckoos (except they aren't psychic, more psychotic) :laugh.: I might go back and revisit the "bubblegum" coloured ones. They just look too Animeish :blink.:

I have a BSS Superior and four regular Sisters under and basecoated (which reminds me to go back to the auto retailer [Halfords] to get more white and grey spraypaint :laugh.: ) along with the other Sisters backpacks. Which means I will have:

Two Canoness'

Two Celestine

Two full (Ten Sister) BSS squads or four fives

A Rhino

Plus a Hospitallier and the three Heavy weapon Sisters

Ready to have a game. Not much admittedly, but hopefully enough to finally give them their Baptism. That might have to wait until next week though as I need a reliable way of transporting them (I have a couple of KR foam trays, but I'm stumped as to how I should transport the Exorcist once I've built it). I'm still working on a build that I like (although Miko-sama suggested a few good ones :happy.: ) I also want to finally get some custom objective markers done. I have a few bitz (spare Canoness weapons and books, plus a random Heavy Weapon Sister backpack etc) I might use as relics.

After doing a little more painting, I thought it was time to make a group shot. I did take a picture with the Rhino in too, but it turned out shaky as hell when I reviewed it :sad.: I'll have to take another one when I have more progress to show.

med_gallery_51296_8390_375005.jpg

A close up on the ones that are nearly finished:

med_gallery_51296_8390_559024.jpg

I've mislaid the Canoness' Inferno pistol. Hopefully it'll turn up, otherwise I'll have to resort to giving her a bolt pistol instead.

I'm still musing on what my next Order should look like if I decide to start one:

med_gallery_51296_8390_3860.jpg

Or

med_gallery_51296_8390_7951.jpg

Which is the colour scheme I used for my Liber Challenge entry, the Order of Machaeram. If I decide on the latter, some of the background will be significantly different...

In either case, I think the armour will be painted in silver - it looks good (to me at least) and it's far less of a pain in the :censored: to paint :laugh.:

Ooo tough one, I really like the green, but the Orange is so unique, and compliments the brassy gold of sisters so nicely!

...I still vote green, if that helps haha

And that's why I'm having difficulty deciding :laugh.:

I'm also updating my army list. It's bigger than I thought! :blink.: