Something about Hospitalliers and putting the boot in at the right moments, I'm assuming because the knowledge to heal also works the other way :tongue.:

Yes, well, Sister Lyse as she's known is the Orders' Interrogator as well... :laugh.:

• 3 weeks later...

I was so excited about my DIY color scheme... then I saw yours... and then looked at mine... and realized they're practically the same!

*sigh*

So I guess this means I am stealing your colors!

:)

I was so excited about my DIY color scheme... then I saw yours... and then looked at mine... and realized they're practically the same!

*sigh*

So I guess this means I am stealing your colors!

:smile.:

On the contrary - your Order can easily have the same colour scheme as mine. Look at how many Marine Chapters have the same (or similar) schemes! :laugh.: They could easily exist at the same time, or perhaps yours existed before mine, or after mine.

I'd love to see your Order. If you haven't got a WIP topic started, I'll keep an eye out for when you do! :thumbsup:

A little hint on what will be upcoming soon...

The battlefield was no place for distractions. Take your eye off the enemy for even a split second and you die. More so in the dark. It should be daylight, but the forces of Chaos had covered the sun in an evil eclipse. For Sister Lyse, that battle doctrine was nearly true, were it not for Celestian Superior Motoko. Her aim was uncanny, blasting the Cultists' head off in a sickening spray of gore. Lyse was no stranger to combat, had fought in more battles than she cared to remember, but she was nevertheless unnerved by what she thought she'd seen to the left flank. Movement, a glowing figure...no,figures. Motoko was about to chastise her younger Sister, but stopped dead when she saw the look on her face.

"What is it?"

"I..I don't know. Something over there. A...manifestation!"

"Show me."

Motoko's unflappable demeanour calmed the Hospitalier enough to focus on the fight again. It was not going well. The Canoness had just been taken to the field hospital behind their lines. Her left arm a bloody stump. Lyse insisted on accompanying her, but even in the throes of agony, Sera barked an order, keeping her on the front lines. There were other Sisters needing attention, in the same area that she saw what ever she had seen.

Approaching with caution, the pair had their bolt pistols drawn, Lyse's Medicae equipment was quite effective as an improvised close combat weapon. Motoko had her power sword, The power and the Glory ready, energy arcing along its surface. Bodies were piled high, both Cultist and Sister alike. Despite herself, Motoko stifled a whimper, her anguish turning raw anger.

"Heresy!"

A roar behind them reminded them once again of the fight, a heavy weapons team fired ordinance in their direction. It missed, the traitors unfamiliar with their equipment. They had both covered the distance between them before it could fire again, but there were others revealing themselves from the shadows. Trapped within a closing circle, they stood back to back, awaiting the bravest, or most foolhardy to press their attack. It didn't come.

A blinding light forced the enemy to cower, their eyes unable to compensate. It pulsated, glowing brighter and brighter until even the beleaguered Sister had to avert their eyes. Unable to see, the long seconds ticked towards their deaths. It didn't come, for just as soon as it appeared, the light was gone. In its place were ten figures that were ethereal in appearance, almost out of focus in reality.

The strangers wore power armour, adorned with many symbols, all unified by a Fleur de Lys. Skin grey and taut, their eye sockets sallow, but the eyes burned a pure white. The leader in the garb of a Canoness pointed at the traitors who were now howling in terror, their diseased minds unable to process what they saw broke ranks and fled. Her hand moved, forming a sign to order the others to kill the enemy. It was a sign very familiar to both Lyse and Motoko.

Making chase, the unearthly Sisters followed Her command. Pausing for a brief moment, she saluted her living comrades before making chase herself. Motoko wept in sorrow, for she had truly seen a Ghost.

"What?! What is it?!" cried Lyse.

"Not what! Whom!" Motoko could barely speak.

"Well?!"

"Our former Canoness! Elisa Cho!" Her last words were shouted as she followed them. Followed the past...

Edited by Aquilanus

Hm, from a writers' point of view, I'd suggest that having the Legionelles silent would be more effective.

Thinking about it, you're right. It would be more in keeping with the spirit :teehee: of the Legion of the Damned to issue the order in silence. One of the Sisters in my Order is mute (she had her throat ripped out and refused a replacement vox), so everyone in the Order is taught battle sign. It makes sense for the former Canoness to use it as well :smile.:

Edit made :smile.:

• 3 weeks later...

Time for a little update. I have a week off next week, so I'll be hitting the brushes hard to get as much done as I can. I still have a lot to paint, but I've just added to that list after bidding on:

Two Bolter Sisters

A Seraphim squad consisting of three flamer Sisters and three Bolter Sisters

A Canoness with combi Melta and the =][= icon

For my Order of the Valorous Heart detachment.

I must be mad. I haven't worked out the specifics, but with my Legion of the Damned counts-as group my army must be hitting around 2K now.

I've still got more to add to the Orders' motor pool yet! :blink:

Lovely models there Aquilanus!

How are the Exorcists coming along?

Thanks! :happy.:

I haven't painted any since, just accumulating more :laugh.: I have until Sunday off, so my aim is to get more done in that time. I don't have a priority as such for what gets done next, I'll just pick one up and paint it :smile.:

And as usual, procrastination set in :dry.: However, I did manage to get some painted:

med_gallery_51296_8390_54398.jpg

They aren't finished yet, but very close.

I've also worked out the next step for my Sisters: 3000 points! :blink.:

Hidden Content
Sisters list 3000 points (2999pts)

Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) Detachment 1

Order of the Dauntless Spirit

No Force Org Slot

Sororitas Command Squad

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Heavy Bolter

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Heavy Flamer

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Meltagun

Celestian Motoko

Boltgun, Power Sword

Hospitaller Lyse

Chirurgeon's Tools

Immolator

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour, Twin-Linked Multi-Melta

HQ

Canoness Saffron Sera

Inferno Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Sword, Rosarius, The Mantle of Ophelia

Saint Celestine "Annabelle Chrysanthemum"

Troops

Battle Sister Squad "Lucia"

9x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Flamer

Sister Superior Rebekha

Boltgun, Power Sword, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior

Sororitas Rhino

Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer

Battle Sister Squad "Valor"

7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Storm Bolter, Battle Sister with Storm Bolter

Sister Superior Agatha

Chainsword, Plasma Pistol, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior

Sororitas Rhino

Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer

Battle Sister Squad "Ophelia"

9x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer

Sister Superior Aethelfleda

Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Upgrade to Veteran Sister Superior

Sororitas Rhino

Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer

Fast Attack

Seraphim Squad "Lucia's Vengeance"

7x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers

Seraphim Superior Inara

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

Heavy Support

Exorcist "Lucia's spite"

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour

Exorcist "Lucia's Retribution"

Dozer Blade, Extra Amour

Penitent Engine Squadron

Penitent Engine "The Test"

Penitent Engine "The Answer"

Adepta Sororitas: Codex (2013) (Combined Arms Detachment) Detachment 2

Order of the Valorous Heart

No Force Org Slot

Ministorum Priest ("Mad Donna" model - no name yet)

Chainsword, Plasma Pistol

Sororitas Command Squad

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Celestian

Bolt Pistol, Boltgun

Hospitaller

Chirurgeon's Tools

HQ

Canoness

Inferno Pistol, Melta Bombs, Power Sword, Rosarius, The Cloak of St. Aspira

Elites

Repentia Squad

6x Sister Repentia

Mistress of Repentance

Melta Bombs

Troops

Battle Sister Squad one (No name yet)

7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Meltagun, Battle Sister with Multi-Melta

Sister Superior

Sororitas Rhino

Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer

Battle Sister Squad two (No name yet)

7x Battle Sister, Battle Sister with Flamer, Battle Sister with Heavy Flamer

Sister Superior

Sororitas Rhino

Dozer Blade, Laud Hailer

Fast Attack

Seraphim Squad (No name yet)

4x Seraphim, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers, Seraphim with Two Hand Flamers

Seraphim Superior

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword

Legion of the Damned: Codex (2014) (Combined Arms Detachment) (Uses Sisters models instead of Legion of the Damned models)

Elites

Legion of the Damned Squad

5x Legionnaire, Legionnaire w/ Meltagun, Legionnaire w/ Multi-melta

Legionnaire Sergeant (Former Valorous Heart Canoness Eliza Cho)

Close Combat Weapon, Combi Flamer, The Animus Malorum

The models I need that I don't have won't get ordered until I've painted the vast majority of what I already have. I've also realised that the case I got a while ago, is nowhere near adequate to transport the above list (it can barely carry the non-vehicle models I do have!)

It's bad enough that GW release that blasted board game. I mean, Genestealer Cults, man! :wub.: (But enough about Xenos scum...)

• 2 months later...

I'm very excited! :happy.:

I decided to go for it and got an Avenger fighter. I haven't examined the parts yet, but I'm both looking forward and dreading building this model! :laugh.:

I also got the rules, Daemonifuge, two Penitent Engines (Masochist much?! :laugh.: ) and two each of the Melta Sister, heavy Bolter, heavy Flamer and heavy Melta Sisters:

med_gallery_51296_8390_308678.jpg

Not pictured is the biggest carry case (I can actually fit everything in it with room to spare, save the Avenger! :blink.: )

It wasn't until I got home that I forgot to get the Sisters Rhino parts! :wallbash:

I also forgot to add the pictures of the Sisters display there. It's tiny compared to the others, but still...

I've hidden them to make it easier on mobile users:

Edited by Aquilanus

Nah, the Avenger's with the Navy section. :p Which makes sense.

The Sisters were all missing from the display when I went at the beginning of the year...

Nah, the Avenger's with the Navy section. :tongue.: Which makes sense.

The Sisters were all missing from the display when I went at the beginning of the year...

Celestine was missing when I went. The model might have needed attention of some kind (repair, paint touch up etc). What made me kinda mad (well, disappointed really) was that most of the people visiting went straight past it :sad.: I just wanted to shout "Why are you ignoring them?!" :laugh.:

That's just people looking for their armies, because that's what they really want to see.

I must be weird then, because I wanted to see it all :laugh.:

Anyway, my plan for ETL is to get a small vow done (probably a 10 Sister BSS and a HQ or two) and work up. Because of the complexity (well, it seems complex), I'll probably leave the Avenger until last. If I'm not confident enough to do it during the contest, I can always leave for afterwards :happy.:

• 1 month later...

Well, I thought it past time that I gave an update. I had a week off last week and my intention was to get my first vow complete. I didn't even start it, due to various reasons (mostly procrastination :dry.: ), but still, I've finally gotten of the starting block!

I've built one of my Penitent Engines, but the glue is still drying and in a position that makes it impossible to photograph without moving it. I'll have a picture in the next update. The same goes for my Legion of the Damned squad (using both Sisters models and Sisters Codex for points). However, I now give a Public Service announcement that the Unforgiven might find interesting...

med_gallery_51296_8390_124307.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8390_434805.jpg

I wonder who she is... :tongue.:

Well, I thought it past time that I gave an update. I had a week off last week and my intention was to get my first vow complete. I didn't even start it, due to various reasons (mostly procrastination :dry.: ), but still, I've finally gotten of the starting block!

I've built one of my Penitent Engines, but the glue is still drying and in a position that makes it impossible to photograph without moving it. I'll have a picture in the next update. The same goes for my Legion of the Damned squad (using both Sisters models and Sisters Codex for points). However, I now give a Public Service announcement that the Unforgiven might find interesting...

med_gallery_51296_8390_124307.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8390_434805.jpg

I wonder who she is... :tongue.:

Best. Cypher. Ever.

That is flat out amazing. I especially love the sword

She's basically just a regular Canoness with a Plasma pistol from the Forge World Character Conversion kit The right arm used to have the Chainsword and the sword is the Powersword that comes with the base model (sans the arm and most of the hand. I had to leave a little of the hand, otherwise I would have snapped it. The hand looks enough like part of the pommel that it doesn't matter).

I've been looking forward to making her for a long time :happy.: I would have liked to make a hood for head, but I'm not very good with greenstuff :sad.:

The cloak will have a mash up of the Fleur and the Dark Angels' Chapter/Legion symbol. Just need to work out how that will look.

She's basically just a regular Canoness with a Plasma pistol from the Forge World Character Conversion kit The right arm used to have the Chainsword and the sword is the Powersword that comes with the base model (sans the arm and most of the hand. I had to leave a little of the hand, otherwise I would have snapped it. The hand looks enough like part of the pommel that it doesn't matter).

I've been looking forward to making her for a long time :happy.: I would have liked to make a hood for head, but I'm not very good with greenstuff :sad.:

The cloak will have a mash up of the Fleur and the Dark Angels' Chapter/Legion symbol. Just need to work out how that will look.

I guess I'm bound to mention I find myself liking this in spite of my dislike for proxies.

My thought process goes something like this: The rules that represent a character in game is the sum total of their uniqueness on the tabletop, so using a different character with their rules implies that they are not unique. That another person has identical skills and traits in combat. I probably shouldn't let it bother me. It's the same kind of feeling I get when I run a Librarian (but not as bad as that time I considered allying a Librarian to my Sisters. Then I realized what I was sugesting).

Hoods and capes are two of the easiest things there are to green stuff... or rather, milliput. Green Stuff is horrible to work with because of the stickiness.

A hood of milliput however, is very easy. Create a disk the size of a penny or so and, using wet fingers, squash it to about half a mil thick (basically the thinnest it will go without rupturing). You can then use a sharp (wet) knife to cut away one side until you have a crisp edge for the front of the hood... then it's a simple matter of draping it over the model's head and tucking in the bottoms.

Agreed, I've even made a hood in GS so it isn't as hard as you may think - but as Miko says GS isn't the best material for it. I need to get some milliput for my next escapades into sculpting :)

Either way she looks good, where did the sword come from?