So that's what I'll be capturing then? :wink: Good work so far, everything's looking cool :smile.:

Trying :wink:

As for LOTD, they're cool as, and that's the only real justification you need to take them! Did you think of a scheme yet? I've seen them done in ghost colours, and it looks really funky and makes them so easy to paint as well.

I haven't had a proper look into it, but I figured on getting a small group of them in the new year. I thought it best to give the girls a game or two on their own first, see how they fare and sort out new lists to suit. I think the ghost scheme is a good one, so I'll probably go with that (with a splash of purple to tie in with the Order colours).

I've been putting this model off (along with the Exorcists) for quite some time.

med_gallery_51296_8390_78912.jpg

I ruining the base trying to correct the foot positioning. I've ordered replacements to arrive with the rest of my Order (two Rhinos, which I have with me now, three of the three Bolter Sisters packs and two Sister Superiors) on Thursday. I don't have that many days off to get as much of my outstanding models painted before my first game with them on 10th January, so I'll have to crack at it with what I'm able to get done tomorrow...

More progress to report. As some will know, I bought two Exorcists recently, along with an Immolator and the afore-seen Penitent Engine. I've been putting off building them both for a long time after reading other Sisters players lament at great length just how much of a pain in the fundament they are. After three or more hours of cursing and beseeching of its Machine Spirit, I've managed to get one (nearly) assembled.

med_gallery_51296_8390_192440.jpg

This, along with the Organ Launcher is what makes it such a :censored: to build. The console needed so much effort just to glue seven pieces together, I nearly tore my hair out (and nearly glued my hands to my head in the process) doing it, but aside from the missile rack behind (which is still drying), it's as solid as rock now. I wished I'd left the Sister out so that I could paint her separately, but I have no doubt that if I try to remove her, it will cause more harm than good :sad.: Still, it's something to bear in mind for the second one...

med_gallery_51296_8390_379147.jpg

Bloody hell, this was another cause of frustration. The pins at the bottom don't align with the base, so I had to cut/file them off. The pipes don't align very well either, so after some cutting and filing, they are glued together, but are still slightly out of line. Still, I'm glad that's over with until I start its twin :blink.:

med_gallery_51296_8390_49932.jpg

med_gallery_51296_8390_456869.jpg

In these pictures, the base of the Organ and Organ pipes are still not glued together. That will happen once I get more glue, specifically Loctite powerflex. I've used four tubes so far (and at

Great post. Let's me know for sure what i'm in for. *looks at Exorcist box*

can't wait to see it all painted up. Going to look great. :thumbsup:

Thank you! :happy.:

Despite the last post, believe me, once you see it the way it looks assembled, you get a great sense of satisfaction (well, I did). The Sister at the controls is a gorgeous sculpt. Her face shows a rapture, or at least a sense of peace and it really hits home that despite their age, the models still hold up, even if they are old and hampered by poor and poorer casting. I know that I made such a fuss of the Rhino at the start of the topic, but I really, really want to make these two shine. I'm mulling over how to approach painting a few bits. The organ tubes are going to be, for example, silver. I want to go for a "less is more" theme, that they'll stand out by being subtle against the rest of the army.

Do you have a WIP topic? I always like looking at other Sisters army topics :happy.:

I have a WIP in the WIP thread but no Sisters in it. I did finish a bunch of troops a long while ago i'll probably add them to my thread. I am currently working on some stuff. A canoness, a hospitaler, multi-melta troop, and a bunch of minis from the old inquisitor retinue box set. I'll probably put them up today.

Also have plans of ordering A penitent engine soon to add to the madness. :)

I have a WIP in the WIP thread but no Sisters in it. I did finish a bunch of troops a long while ago i'll probably add them to my thread. I am currently working on some stuff. A canoness, a hospitaler, multi-melta troop, and a bunch of minis from the old inquisitor retinue box set. I'll probably put them up today.

I'll keep a look out :happy.:

Also have plans of ordering A penitent engine soon to add to the madness. :smile.:

:laugh.: The best advice I can give when building one of those, is to ensure that you place the feet correctly on the base (unlike myself :blink.: ). Checking where to put the feet before you glue them will save time, heartache and a base! :laugh.:

As for the torso, well, unless you're lucky, you will realise that the tabs on the torso block will not fit exactly to the shoulder plates. It's better to ignore them to a degree and glue the plates the best you can. I wish I'd taken photos, so that you'd know what I mean :sad.:

Very nice, takes me back seeing an unpainted one... but I'm still keen to see paint :wink:

Ninja post whilst I was posting! :ph34r.:

Yeah, I want to get painting too, but I'm back at work tomorrow (late shift), so it'll be Wednesday at earliest before that happens. I do have Thursday off though. I think that I should get everything I have assembled first, so that I can do one giant batch of undercoat spray painting.

I had all the same issues with mine (I still have regretfully not made any progress on it, instead I'm building three penitents!)

I made the same mistake of glueing the sister (she would not keep her joysticks in the correct positions and I was getting more glue on me than the model in my attempt to reprieve this issue) and I hope i can do her justice regardless. Can't wait to see your paint job on it :)

I had all the same issues with mine (I still have regretfully not made any progress on it, instead I'm building three penitents!)

I made the same mistake of glueing the sister (she would not keep her joysticks in the correct positions and I was getting more glue on me than the model in my attempt to reprieve this issue) and I hope i can do her justice regardless. Can't wait to see your paint job on it :smile.:

I'm currently building the Sisters' motorpool. I have the second Exorcist and the third Rhino to build. The Exorcists and Immolator are still in bits, so I can paint in as much detail as I can. I'm not looking forward to the Sisters arms either :sad.:

I have to pick up the remaining Bolter Sisters and base for the Penitent Engine later (it's 4.20 am here and insomnia has struck again. At least I've put the time to good use :blink.: ). When I get back home, I want to at least get the undercoat and basecoat on everything I have left to paint (Ten Seraphim, two Rhinos, two Exorcists, the Immolator, Penitent Engine and the Canoness' arms!)

"The Penitent Engine is the final method of redemption available to those who have fallen from His grace. It is an absolution, a rededication of ones soul to Him on Earth. The Penitent Engine known as the Test is a device unlike most others. Not only does it dredge up each and every sin committed by its occupant, but it forces them to remember the sins of its previous occupants as well. The fury, the despair and the nigh upon psychopathic need to enter the fray is palpable to those who witness it. It serves as a rallying point, for no Sister would ever retreat when the Test still stands. But it also acts as a warning - Be not be wanting in your service to the God-Emperor, for eventually the Test will be waiting for you..." - From the personal notes of Canoness Saffron Sera, of the Order of the Dauntless Spirit.

Boy, oh boy am I glad to have finally finished constructing this model! :laugh.: I think the name is very apt.

To get the first leg attached, I had to resort to...unconventional methods...

med_gallery_51296_8390_322309.jpg

:laugh.: Never thought I'd ever see a PE break dancing...

med_gallery_51296_8390_119324.jpg

I'm still musing upon what crime the Test's current occupant has committed.

med_gallery_51296_8390_131570.jpg

More to come...

Good job on the PE Aqui. :thumbsup:

Yeah i feel by the end of the month i'll have a PE of my own to work on. lol

It was a pain in the butt to start off with, but once I got the legs on, it just came together (literally) and I got a sense of satisfaction from it. Hopefully, I can get the undercoat on tomorrow, with a view to starting painting proper on Monday :smile.:

Btw what kind of glue did you use for the penitent? Did you use something other than super glue?

I used this. It's pricey (well, it is over here, although I've since found a store that sells it cheaper), but believe me, I tested the arms and the pewter was starting to bend. The join is completely intact! :laugh.:

• 2 weeks later...

After nearly a full day of painting, I've managed to get a fair bit done yesterday. Whilst I don't have everything finished, all of the models in Sunday's (today) first game against Kobrakei's' Crimson Shrikes will have a basecoat at least :laugh.:

Here is a group shot:

med_gallery_51296_8390_397119.jpg

I'll post the WIP pictures when it's certain that the Server change over is 100% complete :happy.:

Still pretty good progress so well done :thumbsup:

Thank you! I've broken the back of most of the laborious work, so getting the rest done shouldn't take too much longer.

Good luck for the game, don't forget to batrep it in detail! :biggrin.:

That was the intention, but I was late (car was being a pain to start, although since has inexplicably decided to behave itself again :dry.: I can see percussive maintenance in its future...) and a couple of other things. In the end, it would have taken too much time to write down enough to make one. A pity, but something I can think on in the future.

I think we got most of the way through turn 3, before we had to stop as the store had one member of staff and at 2pm was due his break. In any case, aside from the jitters (I get rather nervous when meeting new people sometimes :sad.:) and the fact that, despite reading both the BRB and the Sisters Codex, it wasn't going in and staying in. I made a number of silly mistakes (leaving Sisters outside the Rhinos at the start instead of moving them up to meet Kobrakei's Marines, not getting Celestine and the Seraphim into the fray as soon as possible, still thinking in Marine tactics, when they aren't and shouldn't be played as such, etc, etc), but I did have fun :smile.:

The Sister of the game, however, goes to the Hospitallier - the three heavy weapon Sisters fired at the Vanguard (who had taken out the five Sister squad already) and they made their saving throws! She had a Bolt pistol and killed one!

Also - Exorcists. Twice they only got to fire a single shot, but in turn three, both fired six! :happy.: And as for Celestine... :wub.:

Thanks Kobrakei! I hope that if we every get another game in, I'll at least be more of a challenge! :thumbsup:

Hey, no worries! You deffo started to get into a groove on turn three, but that's cos the Raven Guard tactics are designed to make their units get up close and prevent you having that early strong push, especially with stealth and more chance of night fight. After turn one they lose quite a bit of effectiveness all round, and that's when it all started to turn around at your end. And Sisters aren't quite like Marines, but they can certainly dish out the firepower. It's all about getting to that 12 inch range and unleashing everything, making sure you shoot what you need to. Don;t forget it was only a 4x4 foot table as well, so that helped me a lot more getting my jump pack guys up closeas everything was squished together. Keep at it for sure, and we'll get another game in whenever you're ready :) The main thing is you had fun, and that's all I look for in a game too :)