++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

If a person puts in the effort to make something new, they should be rewarded with the rights to use it as they want, unless it's a totally broken death star, of course!

My only suggestion would be to add some more means of munitions or something extra to really bring out the lascannonness (?) like more clips of ammunition or some sorta rig attachment, that way they won't resemble guard flashlights on steroids, you want to push the cannon part more, if that makes sense....?

Really great stuff, the more the merrier!

Well, taking into account peoples opinions, I've added to them somewhat before they really set, I feel they are definitely more distinctive as 'Lascannon' now. What do you guys think?

1920761_10153827384595156_1888441443_o.j

1597887_10153827398300156_903544388_o.jp

Cheers,

BT

Aaaand the Tyrax pattern assault Lascannon is born!

"After months of gruelling urban combat across the hive planet of Tyrax the ever resourceful tech Marine cult of the Marines Malevolent pooled their extensive knowledge to create a compact lascannon that reduced the overall size but didnt suffer any loss of power, with the aggressive nature as heck the Marines Malevolent local allied soldiers quickly dubbed this weapon "assault lascannonn" for the manner the Marines aggressively used its reduced size in the confines of the rubble wastes of the hive"

Spot on Sarg!

+UPDATE+

First time trying extensive gore and battle damage. I think the end result is shaping up pretty well. What do you guys think? It's supposed to represent a bolt round detonating too close and shrapnel damage. Also, the merits of wearing a helmet tongue.png

1909281_10153829947760156_1669959093_o.jpg

1077577_10153829947770156_81322210_o.jpg

1900318_10153830136640156_1039399767_o.j

1622335_10153830136720156_988219262_o.jp

C&C is appreciated

BT

Sandor ehhh.

Great work on those las cannons man, brutal, yet effective. Consider it yoinked. The XIII legion send its regards!

Thanks brother, feel free to! Also, I'll be joining the ranks of the XIII come the time for me to step into the days of the Heresy.

Legionnaire Sandor msn-wink.gif

Are you perhaps considering freehanding a hound's head on a kneepad?

I am rather tempted. I may try for that tomorrow.

Brother Tyrax; I think Brother Sandor (fantastic GoT reference btw) is off to a great start in terms of effective painting for a recent shrapnel wound- however, I think he needs some black soot around the wound to simulate the explosion of the gunpowder at such a close range.  It doesn't have to be thick or even particularly dark; but putting some cordite smokiness and maybe even powder burn would help convey the effect more convincingly*.   (Normally I would post a reference picture of what I'm talking about; but considering the squeamish nature of the wound, it may be in the collective best interest not to do so in this particular instance).

*Well, realism can only go so far when applied to 8 foot tall genetically enhanced power armoured gun wielding monks.  

Brother Tyrax; I think Brother Sandor (fantastic GoT reference btw) is off to a great start in terms of effective painting for a recent shrapnel wound- however, I think he needs some black soot around the wound to simulate the explosion of the gunpowder at such a close range.  It doesn't have to be thick or even particularly dark; but putting some cordite smokiness and maybe even powder burn would help convey the effect more convincingly*.   (Normally I would post a reference picture of what I'm talking about; but considering the squeamish nature of the wound, it may be in the collective best interest not to do so in this particular instance).

*Well, realism can only go so far when applied to 8 foot tall genetically enhanced power armoured gun wielding monks.  

I tried out some burning around the edges of the wound and this seems to be about as much as I can put around it before it interferes with the rest of the model too much. What do you think? 

1795828_10153831588575156_416144140_o.jpg

Need tutorial now!

Real simple dude, simple put a thin coating of Typhus Corrosion (for that pitted, bits of my face are falling off texture), then apply a mix of Tamiya clear red and Nuln oil until desired level of grimness is achieved. 

Archived