++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

Glorious!

Thanks, Chaplain! Let's smash the ETL this year.

That's a sexy mass of yellow you've got going on man!! Glad to see the side by side of the Typhon and the fellblade- gives a perspective as to how massive they both are

Thank you, Lion. It's been a real journey getting these guys going. Yellow is /not/ an easy colour! The Fellblade is a beast and the Typhon is appropriately sized for a Land Raider variant.

Love tanks and these are nice. The alternate turret for the predator looks great. thumbsup.gif

Thank you, Kriegsmacht.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Boom it is coming along nicely.

I've been a little preoccupied with being ill and starting up a force of Nid's (Chaos just wasn't working out for me), but I've been working on the Typhon for a few days getting it looking tidy. Had the first game with it the other week and it ate half an Imperial Guard tank army, took him 5 turns of shooting everything at it to kill it. Was a really fun game (except for some bloke stood around the table telling us all how his Tau tournament army would kill this and that, told him to sod off in the end because it was ruining my enjoyment). Here's the progress on the Reclamator.

gallery_41766_10176_2010.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_2688.jpg

Right side is done and ready for decals and detailing, the top is coming along nicely.

Cheers,

BT

Typhon is looking good. What is it with tau players and being absolutely obnoxious though?

Cheers, Chaplain. I have no idea, we run a Wednesday and a Friday club and the Tau players always seem to be the ones who make snide remarks or throw a fit when they get beaten....

Looking Good , Tau arecensored.gif

They really are! Cheers, Sarge.

That's a lot of base coating. Sounds like it did pretty well on its first hit out, augers well for future battles!

I am my own worst enemy but I prefer to do things by hand, makes it really mine. It did very well on it's first outing, here's to hoping it can clock the same performance as the Fellblade!

Loverly looking update fella

Thanks bro, it's getting there. I'm hoping to crack things up to 11 for the ETL.

++ ETL UPDATE ++

Did some more work on the Typhon, picked out a suitable name for it, the Gloriam Ordinatus, affectionately known as the Reclamator by the 3rd company.

gallery_41766_10176_105923.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_68383.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_1288.jpg

Decals are in place and the weathering process has begun. Hopefully I'll have more to show later this evening.

Peace,

BT

Needs some bullet holes . Other than that a Great addition to your MMs.

It'll get some impact hits and scoring marks, not overly keen to take a drill to it though, it was a gift as opposed to a personal purchase.

Damn that's a gorgeous Tank brother, though I can't help but think the nickname "Reclamator" is feels like a misnomer. I don't think there'll be much left of anything to scavenge reclaim once that cannon fires! biggrin.png

Precisely the point my friend ;)

Feel like a bit of a traitor to the XVIIIth for liking that Typhon, but it is looking nice.

Acceptance is the path to righteousness. ;) Thanks for the kind words fella.

++Update++

Because I just can't stop myself, I've gone and completed the Gloriam Ordinatus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFcGLAfNwSs

The tracks ground bodies to mulch as the super massive battle tank rotated. The primary weapon gunner, Salvio, slapped his ceramite clad gauntlet against the rear of his loaders helmet, shouting over the vox link as the battle raging outside echoed like a giants roar within the confines of the tank, "Load her up, I have a target!". The second Marine clutched a pair of loading levers and with considerable grunting he hauled on them. The whine of electro-motors filled the cabin space as the gigantic loader arm brought forth a glistening shell, steaming from its coolant bath in the guns magazine. The multi-tonne shell hung on the loader arm as the crews Techmarine, Brother Alfonso, shoved past to put his palms upon the shell. He intoned blessings from the Omnissiah and after consulting his personal data slate, he proclaimed this shell pure of all malcontent and deemed it ready to bring justice to the enemy of man. Denio, the loader, hauled on the levers once more and the shell lowered down into the breach of the dreadhammer cannon. He slapped his palm against a faded and worn red button and the pneumatic arm pushed the shell home, closing the breach entirely.

Salvio pushed his helmet visor up against the targeting viewer and he gingerly manned the control bank spread out before him. His left hand rotated a positioning wheel while his right operated a junction stick, lining the inverse axis up near perfect with the tanks intended target. He put the red skull cross-hair right onto the screaming form of a rebel tank commissar, the man waving his power blade in a frenzy from the top hatch of a re-purposed Leman Russ Vanquisher. Salvio shouted clearly into the cabin space, alerting both the Techmarine and Loader, plus the driver in his front compartment, "Target lock, firing! Brace!". The dreadhammer cannon fired and Salvio actually felt his organs move inside him. Silence filled the cabin as their autosenses struggled with such a massive discharge, static hissed into life first before the after roar echoed about the tank. On his viewfinder, Salvio saw the enemy tank vaporise in the centre of a small sun, three other tanks pitching from the explosion and becoming smoking wrecks. He punched the air and whooped "Target destroyed! Inform command that the enemy HQ is neutralised!".

Denio grinned beneath his helm and clambered into the front compartment alongside the driver who rumbled the Typhon Siege Tank into a squealing lumber. Brother Alfonso stroked his armoured fingers across the squat rear portion of the dreadhammer cannon and patted it affectionately.

gallery_41766_10176_26712.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_54325.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_82679.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_27157.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_76138.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_32760.jpg

Onto the Land Raider next!

Cheers for looking,

BT

Nice weathering, looking great next to the smaller brothers!

Thank you Pearson, just need a third vindicator to round the vanguard off!

++Update++

Put the second half of the ETL WIP on my desk this morning ready for some love when I get back from training. Here's a few shots of repairs I've made to this 'rescue' Raider and of the damn assault ramp that won't stay closed.

gallery_41766_10176_53324.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_7894.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_7078.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_61103.jpg

The multmelta on top seems out of place considering the other one has a Forgeworld melta turret. Should I clip it all off and do what I did with the other Raider, give it some uniformity? That being said, should I also get another set of the Kromlech dozer blades? They'll most often be riding either side of a Redeemer (which is in the post).

Thoughts?

BT

The multmelta on top seems out of place considering the other one has a Forgeworld melta turret. Should I clip it all off and do what I did with the other Raider, give it some uniformity? That being said, should I also get another set of the Kromlech dozer blades? They'll most often be riding either side of a Redeemer (which is in the post).

I think you want a similar level of uniformity between your tanks, but keep some individual touches.  Different doors, for example, are a way to make your tanks look just slightly different.   If you can afford the multi-melta from forgeworld, it looks a lot more intimidating than the piddly pintle mount the MM is currently on.  Just my 2 cents. 

I think you want a similar level of uniformity between your tanks, but keep some individual touches. Different doors, for example, are a way to make your tanks look just slightly different. If you can afford the multi-melta from forgeworld, it looks a lot more intimidating than the piddly pintle mount the MM is currently on. Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, I've been pondering it all day and I'm gonna pick up another set of dozer blades and the multi melta turret. It'll take a while but this is my only entry for the ETL so I've got time left.

Today however, got me nostalgic as I rummaged through my bitz boxes to see what I had and well I do believe I'm going to build a small 500 point allied force for my Marines Malevolent. Way back when I first joined this website in 2008 I had a hazy idea of a DIY chapter of doomed Space Marines. They were the product of a failed experiment during the Cursed Founding where a renegade Cardinal tried to harness the power of the Astartes and create his own to fight against the "traitor" Imperium. Using a captured Blood Angel he abused and debased the Geneseed. The records of who rescued these experiment born Astartes is locked away in the depths of the Chapters records but one thing that is known, after their rescue and armament, they became an effective fighting force, for a time. Over the centuries since their inception the geneseed has destabilised so much that there is no resistance or escape from the Black Rage. There is no Death Company, only the Chapter itself for all are damned to succumb to such cursed rage. Their numbers have dwindled til only 4 under strength companies remain. The Chapter Master and his council of elders realise there can be no salvation and they will be consumed in the fires of rage, so to this end it is the mandate of the Chapter than every brother Marine die in service to the Emperor and that their lives may be spent to rid the galaxy of heresy. Every brother is issued with a shield and sword, as much symbolic ritual to the Chapter as they are weapons of war. Each Brother does what he can from the moment he is declared Astartes, til his dying breath to safeguard the realms of Man and fight the enemy where ever it may be.

The Knights Vermilion, as they are known, reside on a feudal world close to the Ghoul Stars, protecting an irradiated world from ravaging xenos pirates and darker things that come from that mysterious region of space. Athena was once a proud trading hub before the Heresy but years of warfare and predation from aliens after the collapse of the Imperium's hold on the sector has turned this once thriving planet into a relic of a by gone era. Scorched wasteland of choking ash dust and toxic storms sweep across the world. The surviving population reside in massive walled cities, their ancient laser defense turrets guarded and operated by a holy order of monks. Technology is seen as a gift from the God King himself. So when out of the blackness came the Knights Vermilion, the people of Athena truly believed themselves blessed by the God King on Holy Terra and did all they could to provide for their new overlords. Instated by the people for defense against vicious Dark Eldar and other unsavoury Xenos, the Knights Vermilion kept a constant vigil, using their meager fleet of ships to cordon the sub sector. They treat their charges with respect and under their guidance the planet of Athena has flourished more than ever since the dark days of its near destruction, but the curse that resides within the Knights Vermilion has caused the reverence the people hold for the Astartes to turn to fear.

To live on Athena in the 41st Millennium is to either die from the harsh environment, die as a slave to foul xenos pirates or to die by the hand of your master. Yet despite their deep flaws, the Knights Vermilion do all in their power to right the wrongs they commit. The Vermilion Crusade is taken by those brothers near their time of changing, of becoming a mindless beast. Those upon the path of the Crusade follow a Chaplain of the Chapter and seek out the most forlorn and suicidal battle grounds within the Imperium and there they hope for a noble death.

It is one of these Vermilion Crusades that I am going to model. Over the course of the coming months I am going to do one Marine at a time to meet my 500 point allied detachment.

The list is as follows:-

HQ - Chaplain with Crozius and Bolt Pistol

Elite - Five Vanguard Veterans armed with Storm Shields and Power Swords

Troop - Five Space Marines armed with Bolters, Bolt Pistols and Chainswords, one carrying a Flamer

Dedicated Transport - Two Razorback Infantry Fighting Vehicles armed with Twin Linked Heavy Bolters

This force is adherent to my vision of the Knights Vermilion, it's not meant to /win/, it's meant to be /fluffy/ whilst fun. That said, despite them being Blood Angels successors (much to the parent chapters ire) they will not be using their rules; I will instead be using Chapter Tactics: Carcharodons to represent the savage nature of the Knights Vermilion. The below picture is the colour scheme used by the Knights Vermilion, deep red battle plate accented with iron trappings. Their Chapter insignia is a steel gauntlet clutching a red thunderbolt.

gallery_41766_3028_16969.png

To begin this side project off I present the beginnings of Master Tiberius, Chaplain of the Knights Vermilion 2nd Company, assigned to lead Vermilion Crusade 1 until death take him or duty end.

gallery_41766_3028_35217.jpg

gallery_41766_3028_15863.jpg

This is the helmet I have picked for Tiberius, mainly because it is a fanged skull and the defining trait of the Knights Vermilion are their over pronounced fangs and deep red eyes.

med_gallery_41766_3028_1628.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to look at my brain farts. I hope you look forward to what is to come for my army.

Cheers,

BT

Like this new Chapter. Shoulder pad wise get some of the CF pads from GW.

Thanks Sarge, it was the one thing I wanted to do but didn't have the skill or thought to be able to do the conversions and kit bashing. Now I can so I'm finally gonna get round to them.

you sure you don't want to thank the Blood Angels by painting this force up in the name of the Angel for the ETL? msn-wink.gif

Haha, I've already got enough on my plate with these flipping tanks! Maybe if I get the Land Raider done and there's enough time, I'll pledge something to the cause ;)

Archived