++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

Great whirlwind!

Love the back story too. smile.png

Thanks fella!

like the Fluff ran out of likes. Great job on the WW.

Thanks Sarge.

wasnt keen on the flames, but the latest stuff is really awesome

I wanted the flames to be unique from normal LotD and purple is a theme throughout my force, it's not everyone's cup of tea. Thank you for the kind words disease!

I think i've spent 3 hours scrolling throught you log.

Really nice characters and fluff, very inspiring ! So much that i wanted (needed ?) to pay you a tribute and make a version of Captain Tyrax. So I diverted myself from the Badab War period and here is what happened (forgive me, mine has a bit too much of bling maybe, compared to your vision, but i can't help myself ^^) hope you'll like him :

gallery_73215_8685_493693.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration happy.png

The 1st Suppression look rugged and gritty!

Definite improvement with your minis over time, it's clear from your pics you are finding your own painting style and each just gets better and better

I want to echo the same thing! I reread over you log and seeing the progression was great! 

Thanks guys, I really push myself with each new project now to see just how far I can set my bar. It's a good feeling to see so many people enjoying what started as a tiny badly painted force of bitz box frankensteins.

So, my group of friends who I play with got me a little something something from Forgeworld to say thank you for hosting 7 years of table top roleplay. It came in the form of a surprise Deimos Vindicator and a Typhon!

gallery_41766_10176_23337.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_11944.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_17978.jpg

The 3rd Company grows!

Cheers,

BT

Little & Large, how who have your Marines Malevolent been following around to get their scavenging mitts on 30k era relics? tongue.png

How was the Deimos Vindicator to put together? I like the kit a lot and thought I might eventually get one when I get around to finishing off some of the base-coated tanks languishing in the Crimson Tears' motorpool.

Raiding everyone else's Chapter Keeps while they are out fighting, where else?! I go with the idea that they scour the battlefields after every fight they are involved in or come across for equipment. No matter the source of said equipment, once it's been patched up and repainted it's theirs to continue the good fight with. 

The Deimos came warped as all hell, pretty much only the gun and plastic interior were in perfect shape but a bit of hot water and some patience and all is well. It goes together well, lots of slotting and clipping involved but it looks tasty once assembled. I may have to get another one very soon and have a Demolisher wall in front of the Typhon. 

Those look like they will fit in well with the Marines Malevolent. Even if there is a possibility they merely called dibs on another chapters ruined war hulks. I can just imagine the MM removing dead crewmen from the tanks, nonchalantly apologizing and whispering that they will be taking the armor off their back too because recycling is important. 

• 1 month later...

++UPDATE++

So, I've been out of the loop for awhile. I've decided to work on my Command Squad. First up is a WIP of Apothecary Sulla or more affectionately know by the Marines of the 3rd as Sulla the Butcher.

gallery_41766_10176_78188.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_66038.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_9425.jpg

There's still a lot of work to do on him but I'm pretty happy with the skull paint on his face.

I've also got two more Drop Pods, thanks to my wonderful missus, which now allows me to have a completely deep striking 1250 point force.

gallery_41766_10176_31940.jpg

Cheers,

BT

The butcher is looking to be a great addition!

I'd make damn sure to fight even harder when grievously wounded knowing that he was around. Quite the motivating factor among the ranks when you've got a skull painted helm and a nickname to match a grisly visage. ;)

Archived