++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

"I am purity and I find you lacking, Brother-Captain Tyrax. I have judged all who came before you in keeping of the glorious third. I have judged our masters and our wayward sons. I have strode the stars and brought the Emperors' justice to all. You have this the end of this campaign to show me your mettle, believe me, self styled Centurion of this Crusade, I will test it." -Commodus, High Puritan of the Marines Malevolent, sub-branch of the Ecclesiarchy sanctioned Chaplain brotherhood.

Bolter rounds detonated against the gates of the defensive ring around the primary forge within Kazon Hive. The Kazon Fighting 5th had been all but destroyed, reduced to a ragged band of seventy men who clung onto the Astartes tactical squads, bearing ammo hoppers and grenade pouches. Their once proud heritage reduced to servitude for the Angels of Death. Three times had waves of blood craved Berserkers rushed the tortured metal gates, each time they had been cut down by concentrated fire power. The might of the Astartes armour lay shattered in the courtyard behind the gate, barely grumbling into life as a swarm of tech adepts clustered each venerable vehicle. Lysandros, honoured ancient of the Chapter, leaned his behemoth form against the rockcrete of the wall, sparks dancing across his battle armour, coolant dripping to form a cold stygian pool between his clawed feet. The Mantle of Hate had sustained severe damage when battling one of its own kind. Heavy guns had failed to batter down the adamantine gates of Kazon Hive so the commander of the horde outside had sent his 'pet' forward to open the way. The raging hulk was barely recognisable as a dreadnought as it tore into the gates and threatened to ruin their hinges. Lysandros had stepped forward to meet it, pushing his way through the gates to engage his traitor cousin. The battle was furious but ultimately short, his mounted multi melta making short work of the World Eaters armoured carapace. In a final act of dying defiance, the dreadnought tore ancient Lysandros' melta cannon from its housing before succumbing to its wounds.

Tyrax glanced around the courtyard, watching his devastator squads hold the breaches in the gates. The thunder of their heavy bolters and missile launchers keeping the horde at bay, anything that came into their kill zone was blown apart. Tyrax knew it was time, time to put this entire plan into action. His battle barge above would make its last rotation of the planet in a matter of moments and he had to be in place. His assault sergeant, Callisto, approached and slammed his fist into his breastplate "They have stopped screaming. Something is coming." He turned on his heel and Tyrax followed him to the ragged gate. Peering through one of the massive holes made by a dreadnoughts power fist he spied the ranks of the enemy parting to allow their leader to stride forward. Tryax grit his teeth and swallowed down the bile that had risen. The enemy finally showed himself, after a month of continuous fighting, the traitor showed himself. Striding forward in crimson power armour of an ancient design, Tho'kar the Undying approached. In his right fist was clutched a gargantuan chain-glaive, the engine throbbing, the vicious teeth quivering in their housing. A cloak of skinned men hung from his shoulders and the offensive and brutish symbol of Khorne was embossed upon his chest where once had stood a proud Aquilla of the Emperor. The arrogance of the traitor meant he forwent a helm, leaving his bruised blue skin open to the elements. His eyes were black as midnight and something seemed to swim beneath his tight flesh, causing his butchers nails to ripple. When he spoke, several of the remaining Kazon soldiers dropped to their knees and wept.

"I have come to destroy you now. Come and show me your face so I may judge the worthiness of your skull. If I like it, I shall lay it at the foot of Khornes glorious throne. Come to me Astartes, come."

Tyrax tilted his head to the right, cracking the vertebrae of his neck. He turned his helmeted head to the warriors he favoured most. "Brothers, follow me once more through the breach. Stand by my side as I meet this beast. I will engage him until the signal is given, you will know what it is, only when it happens will you engage. Make use of their shock and fire for maximum effect. Trample the weak and hurdle the dead, my brothers." The all slammed their fists into their chest plates "Glory and hate." He turned from them and nodded to his devastators to open the breach. The hulking marines stowed their weapons and pushed against the heavy doors, their internal engines having given out a week previous. Captain Romulus Remus Tyrax led his favoured brothers out to face a horde that still numbered in their thousands. He'd commanded a brilliant defence that had utilised all assets available to him. Those assets had been the people of Kazon Hive and the mountains of bodies told of the implacable will of the Marines Malevolent. They would have this forge and would do everything to deny it to the enemies of man. A great jeering cacophony arose as they passed the graveyard of dead Space Marines and out into the wasteland of mud and bodies beyond. A wide ring had formed to allow them access to where the leader waited for them and Tyrax could hear his soldiers sub-vocalising targets to each other, he knew that Gerhet would lead his suppression squads with absolute capability and they would reap a heavy toll before they fell to enemy guns. He only hoped that everything aboard his battle ship was as it should be.

He stood before the hulking brute named Tho'kar and raised his helmet, his voice a deep snarl as it left his loud hailer, "I am Centurion Tyrax of the glorious third and in His name I will end you here and now." Tho'kar began to laugh, his split lips curving into a mocking smile as he lazily shook his head, lifting his chain-glaive and without a sound he swung his weapon towards the Marine Malevolent. Tyrax dived to his left, mud splashing up his shoulder guard as he rolled. His armour hummed, the whir and whine of his servos were drowned out by the roaring of the enemies weapon. He came to a knee and raised his bolter, firing three rounds at his foe. They detonated against Tho'kar but he came on, seeming to be un-bothered by the bolt shells. Tyrax sprang to his feet and ran, the chain weapon churning up the mud behind him. Diving past his enemy he unleashed another burst into the side of the enemy and this time got his attention. Tho'kar staggered sideways, a howl erupting from his lips. His eyes widened and he spun fast, too fast for the Malevolent, his chain weapon rending through the Captains bolter and cleaving the front of his helm away. Tyrax was flung backwards, blood spraying from his ruined mouth. He crashed into the ground and rolled away from his enemy, his armoured gauntlets coming up to wrench his shattered helm from his head. The skin on his chin was parted, exposing the bone, he grimaced slightly as the pain hit him, then his suit administered combat stimulants and pain suppression chemicals and he growled low, his adrenaline spiking dangerously. He flung the ruined grip of his gun away from him, killing a traitor guardsman with the force of it and he grabbed the handle of his power sword. With a snarl he tore the blade free, the dull surface of the sword suddenly flaring phosphorous white, dangerous purple waves of energy shimmered along its edge. He pointed it at Tho'kar and screamed in defiance, "VIS SANCTIMONIA!", then he charged his opponent.

Tho'kar met him, the daemon that possessed him struggling for release, pushing its power into his body. With a roar that made the closest men's ears bleed he met the charging Space Marine and flung him backwards, cracking the loyalists armour, he threw back his head and laughed, too wrapped up in his own mirth at the enemy to notice the static filing the air, the subtle shimmer that enveloped the air between them. Tyrax lifted his head, spitting blood and teeth down his gorget, his breastplate was barely holding together, a deep crack had penetrated through its layers and he knew he was dealing with fractures in his solid rib cage. He grinned through the blood and began to laugh himself, a deep throaty bark as his vox link chimed that the count down was complete. He savoured Tho'kars confused expression for a moment before lightning struck the ground between them.

Steam hissed from the yellow and black armoured plates as the giant rose above the enemy commander. The gleaming adamantium skull glared red death upon the foe as Commodus, High Puritan of the Marines Malevolent rose up. He towered above the World Eater lord, who stared at this new foe. He opened his sharpened teeth and began to recite his titles, "I am Tho'kar the Undying and I will-" His head disappeared in a thunder clap as Commodus slammed his crackling thunder hammer down upon it, "Silence cur!" He turned away from the body of his enemy as it crashed to the ground, spasming and jerking. He gazed down at the blood splattered Tyrax and gestured in a wide arc with his storm shield, "Rise Captain, we have enemies to judge." The heavens rained down flashes of terrible green lightning as one by one, titans of the Emperor came into being. Ten veterans of the Chapter clad in Tactical Dreadnought Armour and wielding ancient hammers strode into the enemy horde, destroying it one hammer blow at a time. Tyrax staggered to his feet as Commodus propelled himself towards the World Eater beserkers, screaming hatred on his lips. Gerhet and his chosen cadre joined the fray, firing dual bursts of searing plasma from their rifles as the Marines lining the walls of Kazon Hive opened up in a vicious salvo. Lysandros came on in a stampede, barreling into the horde of traitors and stamping them beneath his mighty feet, buffering men by the dozen into the next life with his monstrous fist. It was too much for the enemy and they shattered, at first the rear turned and fled but soon after even the battle hardened veterans were fleeing in all directions. Only the insane berserker Marines stayed to fight and they died as the Marines Malevolent brought the fury of the Emperor to them, paying a debt ten thousand years old.

gallery_41766_10176_45015.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_41435.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_78287.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_78346.jpg

So, after a long time of not knowing what to do with him I present the finished Commodus. Now onto the rest of my Marines Malevolent!

Cheers,

BT

++Small Update++

So, burnt myself out with this last bit for tonight, I got onto faces. Please tell me what you think? I've gone for a weathered look, raised areas and veins, lines on the mouth and forehead and a bruised look around the vox housing as though it's rubbing and irritating the skin. Does it come off or not?

gallery_41766_10176_136086.png

C&C?

Cheers,

BT

Thanks guys! smile.png

Both look great. Commodus inspired a 'waarghl' of awesomeness from me, and the skin is as you say, looks bloody painful haha.

Now where's the Tyrax mini?

Ask and ye shall receive. I did him a while back but I figure they were both in a story together so I should at least take some pictures together. He's my no nonsense Captain, just carries a bolter and sword and his only ornamentation is his crest. Some of my sergeants are more blinged up than him, and that's the way I like it, people are always underestimating him until he's firing 5 AP4 bolts into their leader.

gallery_41766_10176_5589.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_45961.jpg

I also completed work on a Sergeant for the squad I'm working on weathering up.

gallery_41766_10176_24324.jpg

And I'm working currently on a eBay Whirlwind. It's base colours matched but I'm adding metal to it, changing the shade of yellow and doing some details to make it more a Malevolent vehicle.

gallery_41766_10176_12325.jpg

Cheers,
BT

So, double post goodness. I had another touch of sleeplessness and decided to finish off The Retaliator. I hope you enjoy the latest addition to the motor pool of the 3rd company.

Tyrax watched the horizon with cold grey eyes, his forehead creased and his face locked in a perpetual grimace. His plumed helm was tucked beneath his arm as he surveyed what would ultimately be the battlefield of Praxium IV. He had decided this, this is where he would crush the insurrectionist element of the planets defence force and this is where he'd break open their Tau allies. He spotted several vehicles on approach, tiny shapes on the terrain betrayed by their smoke plumes. His veteran-sergeant, Gerhet, nudged his pauldron and gestured in the opposite direction where a craft sped across the dusty plain, the heat shimmer of its anti-gravitation engines obvious even at this distance. "Good", he muttered. After the Kolstrom campaign he had solidified his notion of victory at any cost, he'd spent thousands of lives preparing for one single moment that could have gone awry, but it didn't and it gave them a victory over a renegade warband and access to Astartes grade weaponry. Even now, a custodian demi-squad left behind had secured Kazon Hive on Kolstrom Primaris to over see production. Tyrax lifted a set of magnoculars he clutched in his other hand and surveyed the rendezvous. "Imperial forces are already in position, Captain. The rebels and the xenos scum have begun diplomatic proceedings. Should I give the order for the Guard infiltrators to engage?", came Gerhet's gruff tone. Tyrax grunted in response, "No, Sergeant. does the Retaliator have a firing solution? if so, tell them to open fire with a vengeance battery." Gerhet chimed into the company vox network but then halted his communication. "Captain, the gunner states the Guard team are too close to the meeting, they'll be caught in the blast." Tyrax turned and looked into the bulldog features of his second in command. "Did I stutter, Sergeant? I said fire. Order the gunner to switch to an incendiary barrage, the less survivors the easier our job. I do not have time to waste on this planet."

gallery_41766_10176_36880.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_48351.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_2294.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_40422.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_3673.jpg

Cheers,

BT

Old school Rhino chassis? Ugly as sin. Swirly warheads? Delicious laugh.png

Haha, it is an ugly baby, that's for sure. It's so tiny compared to all my other vehicles, all the better for hiding in terrain! All vehicle missiles are swirly missiles in my army. I love them so.

Traitor 1: Dude, look at that!  It's so pretty!  It's almost...hypnotic...

Traitor 2: Hey, isn't that a-BLAM!

Or considering it's the Malevolents, I suppose you can replace "Traitor" with "Innocent Bystander."  Or perhaps "Insignificant Disregarded Bystander."

Traitor 1: Dude, look at that!  It's so pretty!  It's almost...hypnotic...

Traitor 2: Hey, isn't that a-BLAM!

Or considering it's the Malevolents, I suppose you can replace "Traitor" with "Innocent Bystander."  Or perhaps "Insignificant Disregarded Bystander."

Never truer words spoken. 

Archived