Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 & PtR

The Shadow Guard

Dear Battlebrothers,

The Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 is now open for sign up. For those who are not in the know, have a read of the LPC Thread to understand what is at stake.

In short, the LPC is an annual B+C event that has similar motives to the PtR, except that it is now in it's 8th year and targets those Christmas goodies you all may have received. In addition, tere is a forum challenge by which the forum that come sup with the largest number of completions is crowned the Forum Champion. The Blood Angels were forum champions for two consequtive years until the Dark Angels Forum toppled them in 2012.

We now have to defend that title so prepre yourselves.

The sgn up is now open and goes on until 1st February 2013. All vows must be complete by 31st March 2013. However, you may sign up and complete your vow anytime from now until 31 March 2013.

Any oath you make for the Path to Redemption in January and February 2013 will be definitely also suitable to be vowed for the LPC 2013. So please remmebr to do both and lead the First Legion to be forum champions once again!!

To anyone who has made an oath for PtR for December and not yet completed it:

commit that same oath to the LPC right away so that when you complete your December oath it would also count for the LPC 2013!!!

DO NOT MAKE YOUR OATHS IN THIS THREAD

YOU MUST MAKE THEM IN THE LPC 2013 THREAD TO BE COUNTED

+ + + Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 A Call To Arms + + +

+ + + Defend the Chapter's Honour + + +

+ + + Walk the Path to Redemption and Help Win the LPC 2013 Forum Challenge + + +

+ + + May the Lion Walk with You + + +

Apologies to Grotsmasha (and others who posted in the first thread) for first tyring to merge the two threads, then to unmerge and finally trying to delete my own thread and deleting his instead. The main culprit is a half sleepy, holidayed out, laid back Shadow Guard having fat finger syndrome... 10 days of penitence in Chamber 42 for me!! :)

SG

Librarium Painting Challenge Dark Angels Forum Current Status
01 Grotsmasha Angron (FW) 27 DEC COMPLETE 24 Mar
02 Menchalior 5 man unit of Deathwing Assault Terminators and 3 Man Ravenwing Bike team 27 DEC COMPLETE 31 MAR
03 Brother Captain Lucian 5 Cataphractii terminators and 10 Legion Veterans with 2 meltaguns 27 DEC COMPLETE 3 FEB
04 Vazzy one squad of 5 Deathwing Knights 27 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
05 Brother Kovash one 3-man Ravenwing Attack Squadron 27 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
06 A.L.E.X. 23 Deathwing Terminators 27 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
07 Capitano One librarian & 2 Assault Marines 28 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
08 Dread Baneblade; Sammael; Nephlim; 1 tac squad- meltagun, missile launcher; Company Master 28 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
09 Harleqvin HH Legion Artillery Tank Squadron: 1 Whirlwind 28 DEC COMPLETE 31 DEC
10 Xwingt65 1 company master, 1 tactical squad and one dark talon 28 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
11 Cerroneth one Venerable Dreadnought, one Land Speeder Typhoon, One five man Deathwing Terminator Squadron, and one Strike Cruiser, all in the colors of the Guardians of the Covenant. 28 DEC COMPLETE 9 FEB
12 furioso-prime 3-man Ravenwing Attack Squadron 28 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
13 SnaRf.za 30 Tactical Marines 28 DEC COMPLETE 1 JAN
14 WhatsHisName 3 units of Deathwing 28 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
15 Ba5eball 5 Deathwing, 3 Ravenwing and 10 tactical marines 28 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
16 s.k.i.t.t.l.e. 5 man squad of Deathwing and one 10 man DA Tactical Squad 29 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
17 Razblood 1x 5man Deathwing squad, 1x 3man Ravenwing Squad, 1x Librarian & 1x Company Master 30 DEC COMPLETE 25 FEB
18 Master Gabriel Mcleod One Predator Annihilater with heavy bolter sponsons,One Deimos Pattern Predator Excutioner with heavy bolter sponsons 30 DEC COMPLETE 16 JAN
19 Arkley 1 DV Librarian, 1 DV Chaplain, 5 Man Devastator Squad, 5 Man Assault Squad 30 DEC COMPLETE 31 JAN
20 Demio 1 Battle Barge, 2 Strike Cruisers, 2 Nova class Frigates, 3 Hunter Class Destroyers as well as accompanied Thunderhawks of the Angels of Redemption chapter 30 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
21 Haranin 2 Drop Pods; two thunderhawk gunships (epic); 5 veteran/Sargent for the First Legion; ten mark IV HH marines and convert 6 tactical (plastic) to HH 30 DEC COMPLETE 26 Mar
22 LidlessPraetor 3 Tactical Squads with 3 Pods 31 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
23 DarkAngel5051 1 Dark Angel Captain, 5 man vanguard veterans squad, two 10 man tactical squads, and 3 Ravenwing Bikers 31 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
24 Blade Cannon Company Master, 1 Venerable Dreadnought and 1 5 man squad of Deathwing Terminators 31 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
25 Kyr Gkikas 10 Deathwing Terminators 31 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
26 Master Matthius 5 Deathwing Terminators, 1 Dark Angel Librarian and 2 Rhinos 31 DEC INCOMPLETE N/A
27 lothlorienmoon 1 Librarian and 5 tactical marines 31 DEC COMPLETE 9 FEB
28 Izzuan one Land Raider 1 JAN COMPLETE 21 FEB
29 Bryan Blaire seven Tactical Marines 1 JAN COMPLETE 31 MAR
30 Winged.CAV 6 Ravenwing bikes amd 1 Attack bike 1 JAN COMPLETE 01 FEB
31 Aerixis 1 Librarian, 1 Chaplain, and 1 tactical squad 1 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
32 Mantras Dark Angels Army from the DV boxset 1 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
33 Slyfox.uk 1 Rhino, 1 Belial, 6 ravenwing bikers and 5 deathwing terminators 1 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
34 Terrahawk 3 Deathwing Terminators 1 JAN COMPLETE 27 FEB
35 Grand Master Belial 1 LIMITED ED. DV CHAPLAIN and 5 DV DEATHWING TERMINATORS 2 JAN COMPLETE 22 FEB
36 Puriexdeus One MkI Tornado Land Speeder with AssCanon/HB, One MkI Razorback w/TLLC, HKM, Twin Bolters, Dozer Blade, and One MkI Rhino w/ Twin Bolters 3 JAN COMPLETE 31 MAR
37 Elmo9141 one Dark Vengeance Librarian 3 JAN COMPLETE 11 Jan
38 cypherthefallenangel to modify, paint and present at least 2 5man deathwing terminators 4 JAN COMPLETE 13 FEB
39 elphillo 2 Deathwing Terminator Squads 11 JAN COMPLETE 16 JAN
40 AngelVeto one Relic Contemptor pattern Dreadnought with Kheres pattern Assault cannon, Stormbolter fist, and cyclone missile launcher as well as a 4 man squad of Deathwing knights and their Maces of Absolution lead by a Knight Master and his fearsome Flail of the Unforgiven, accompanied by an enigmatic watcher in the Dark 12 JAN COMPLETE 17 FEB
41 Stobz Mortis Relic Contemptor with TLLC and CML 12 JAN COMPLETE 23 Mar
42 Brother Sergeant Bohemond belial and 5 Deathwing Knight erminator Squad 12 JAN COMPLETE 16 MAR
43 Captain Sox Belial, COmmand Squad & 10 2 Deathwing Terminators 12 JAN :INCOMPLETE N/A
44 cielaq one Nephilim Jetfighter 13 JAN COMPLETE 30 JAN
45 Cactus one unit of four Deathwing Knights and a Knight Master 14 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
46 Balthamal belial conversion, 1 Full Ravenwing Attack Squadron and 1 Nephilim Fighter 14 JAN COMPLETE 19 FEB
47 Lady Grumpy Pants 1 Ravenwing Bike 15 JAN COMPLETE 21 FEB
48 Brother Moridius paint and present at least one Ravenwing Landspeeder Tornado with heavy bolter and assault cannon 15 JAN COMPLETE 31 MAR
49 Cyrox 1 Nephilim Jetfighter and 3 Ravenwing bikers 15 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
50 djulius a force assembled from at least two boxes of DV, (namely: 20 Troops, 10 Terms, 6 Bikes, 1 Lib, 1 Chaplain and 1 Chapter Master) 15 JAN COMPLETE 23 FEB
51 djgoldsmith paint and present at least, One DV Librarian, and One Ezekiel Grand Master of Librarians 15 JAN COMPLETE 22 FEB
52 SickSix 5 Dark Agnels Veteran Models and one Vindicator 15 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
53 Stuka06 3 Dreadnaughts and 3 Seargents 16 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
54 Raven of the Wing One ravenwing Attack Squadron 2 FEB COMPLETE 16 JAN
55 Artemid one Landspeeder Typhoon 16 JAN COMPLETE 19 JAN
56 facmanpob one landspeeder typhoon 16 JAN COMPLETE 27 JAN
57 DonnyZ Dark Angels Army 19 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
58 Orlando Furioso one tactical squad of Dark Angels 19 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
59 skink one Nephilim jet fighter, one librarian and one interrogator chaplain 19 JAN COMPLETE 23 Mar
60 Midnight Angel One Nephilim jet fighter and one librarian on bike 27 JAN COMPLETE 5 FEB
61 Thurmiel one tactical squad with plasma gun and cannon 27 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
62 Louis 5 Deathwing Knights 28 JAN COMPLETE 24 Mar
63 Wraithwing one converted Belial, Master of the Deathwing 27 JAN COMPLETE 11 FEB
64 Dark Rage 1 Company Master and 1 Venerable Dreadnought 28 JAN COMPLETE 16 MAR
65 Lord Tharand 1 FW Dreadnought 28 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
66 pbenner Belial, Master of the Deathwing 29 JAN COMPLETE 19 MAR
67 lhg033 Ravenwing sergeant 30 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
68 farfromsam Ravenwing Command Squad 30 JAN COMPLETE 28 FEB
69 CovertToaster one terminator librarian 31 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
70 Chaplain Lucifer Dark Angel Company Master 31 JAN COMPLETE 1 MAR
71 Captain Semper Five Mk5 Consecrators Assault Marines 31 JAN COMPLETE 02 MAR
72 Shadow Guard One Land Speeder Vengeance 31 JAN INCOMPLETE N/A
73 GlauG one unit of 9 Ravenwing Knights and a Dark Angels Command Squad 31 JAN COMPLETE 22 FEB
74 Gillyfish a Deathwing terminator squad and a Deathwing terminator Librarian 31 JAN COMPLETE 27 Mar
75 Cod_Lover One Moritat COmmand Squad from HH Betrayal 1 FEB INCOMPLETE N/A
76 FinylCut one bike mounted librarian 2 FEB COMPLETE 31 MAR

Lol Brother Jono won't mind, he was getting us all ready to defend our honor. I'll repost my vow here:

I, Brother Kovash, of the Dark Angels subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one (1) 3-man Ravenwing Attack Squadron on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I'll make a separate oath for January in the PtR thread. Hopefully we can surpass the commitment our frater made last year, and push for greater than 81% completion.

Well up for this. Got a Deathwing command squad and 1000 BFG fleet to go in to this. Even before new toys.

Is it possible to make 2 vows? So vow my command squad and then later on the BFG fleet? And would that be 2 points for the Dark Angels forum or 1? Sorry couldn't see it anywhere.

My Vow

I, SnaRf.za of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 30 Tactical Marines on or before the 31st of March, 2013.

I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time.

I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

For the Lion!

I, WhatsHisName of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 2 units of Deathwing which have been sitting untouched since I last played about the time the last DA codex was released and 1 unit of Deathwing that I picked up recently on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

http://www.whatshisname.me/images/IMG_3460.jpg

Sorry, a bit dark, but nothing really to see yet anyway...

I won't make an LPC vow until I have the new codex in my hands and know what I want to add. I have a strange feeling that it will be very similar to my vow from last year - Belial and a Deathwing squad...

Gotcha furioso-prime..... and all the others who have amde oaths and have promised o do so. I think the Dark Angels Forum ahs made a great start to the LPC 2013. I would strongly urge everyone who makes an oath for the Path to Redemption in January to simultaneously make an oath for the LPC 2013 too. Two birds...er... fallen with one bolter shot!! :D

SG

Well, the Dark Angels lead with 17 mighty oaths while the Liber Astartes follow with Nine. The Black Templars and the blood Angels have started stirring while the Vylka Fenryka appear to be coddled up with their ale and kibbles.. for the moment.

Keep the faith and let us move forward!

SG

Hi SG! Just to clarify; can vows we make for the LPC simultaneously count as a vow for the PtR for whichever month we complete it in? For example, in about a week's time I'll vow a couple of characters for the LPC. Say I complete one in Jan and the other in Feb, would that satisfy two PtR pearl requirements? Or would you rather keep material for the two events separate?

I would like to see us make another awesome effort like we in 2012 and win this again. We have a new codex, it should not be too hard!

Just keep an eye out for the Liber Astartes... We have the second highest vow count and very determined participants ;)

Good luck to y'all!

Ludovic

I, Arkley of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 DV Librarian, 1 DV Chaplain, 5 Man Devastator Squad, 5 Man Assault Squad on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

I, Demio of the Dark Angels Subforum vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Battle Barge, 2 Strike Cruisers, 2 Nova class Frigates, 3 Hunter Class Destroyers as well as accompanied Thunderhawks of the Angels of Redemption chapter on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Although I won't even be starting till February as this will also be my Feb vow for the path of Redemption. :D

Hi SG! Just to clarify; can vows we make for the LPC simultaneously count as a vow for the PtR for whichever month we complete it in? For example, in about a week's time I'll vow a couple of characters for the LPC. Say I complete one in Jan and the other in Feb, would that satisfy two PtR pearl requirements? Or would you rather keep material for the two events separate?

No, the same vows can be counted for both. So you make an oathn of two characters for the LPC in December but you can then vow one of them for Jan PtR and one for Feb PtR,,,, You just have to make the oaths in the appropriate forum at the right time...

Also there will be further surprises and incentives when January comes..... ;)

SG

The Black Templars and Liber Astartes are mobilising in the LPC. The Blood ANgels have started to rise and the Wolves have awoken..... The Dark Angels lead at present with a Mighty set of 23 oaths of moments.....

We must keep the pressure up and also gain completions.

We cannot loose this battle or we risk loosing our honour!

SG

Archived