Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 & PtR

The Shadow Guard

Taken me a while to sign up for the LPC this year. Really wanted to see what the new Codex brought us, what models really grabbed my attention and what I would need to paint for a tournament at the end of Feb. So I've just signed up to paint a unit of five DWK, love the models and its the only unit in my tournie army that isn't painted.

OK, we have (so far) 63 vows in favor of the DAs - that's 1/3 of total LPC vows! :) The second most committed forum is the BAs with almost half our vows... Now some LPC-12 veterans amongst you will remember the concept of "tableing" our opponents that, in LPC slang, means that we make more completions than they have total vows! Which in turn means we make it impossible for them to win even assuming an improbable 100% completion rate on their behalf!

So let's start with some completions guys, let's start eliminating our opponents one by one! I know the commitment period is not over yet (so total vows are still shaping up), but we really need to keep the pace for procrastination is just around the corner... Last year BAs had the most vows but were unable to capitalise on them. February is the MOST important month - if we lose momentum there is hardly time to recover...

Never Forgive, Never Forget!

Well done Cerrenoth keep going! BTW is that an Ultra? :o

@ Artemid - nope, just one vow! make it and you win. Fail and there is not a cell deep enough in the Rock to put you! :lol: (btw I know you finished your vow ;))

Ninja'ed by SG...

Forgot to mention it on this thread but.... To be done by weeks end then maybe another - who knows ;)

2nd Vow for DA forum - for fun msn-wink.gif

I, Elmo9141 of the First Legion, Dark Angels, vow on the honour
of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Chaplain on or before the
31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates,
preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I
will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of
Shame until my penitence period is done.

@ Elmo: Nothing goes unoticed by the Inner Circle Elmo :devil: The deadline for submissions is the end of the month so the additional vow will only count as a modification to your original vow - you know the one recorded as "complete"? :lol: And in any case it does not give additional points, it's just one point per completion... Save your appetite brother - there will be a time (soon) when the Unforgiven will ask you to offer your brush in the service of the Lion!

@ Cerroneth: :tu: That'll teach them to create little empires in a corner of the Galaxy - Loyalty is its own reward! :lol:

No sneakin' anything past the Inner Circle....

I know it won't count towards extra points but "what the hell" - it motivates me to paint even more....... insert insane laugh here

Well done Cerrenoth keep going! BTW is that an Ultra? ohmy.png

@ Artemid - nope, just one vow! make it and you win. Fail and there is not a cell deep enough in the Rock to put you! laugh.png (btw I know you finished your vow msn-wink.gif)

Ninja'ed by SG...

Thanks SG and Cap! I wasn't entirely sure I can use the start pics as the first WIP set or not, and it's been pointed out I missed some details so I may do a touch up pass anyhow :lol:

Got my Vow made.  Again, it's small, being only Belial, but since I don't know when I will have solid time to paint (and desire to paint) I don't want to risk failure.  

I'll start a thread soon.

Paul

got my vow in a little earlier today (my january PtR vow as well)- want to start it tonight but have family visiting who want me to be sociable... grumble, grumble!

any idea how're we doing on numbers of vows vs other forums? y'know, just to keep the sense of gravity of what a failure t complete will mean to the board! ;)

I, GlauG of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter(Legion!) to paint and present at least one unit of 9 Ravenwing Knights and a Dark Angels Command Squad on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Bit of a late entry, but I finally have painting space at my new home!

Mine has been altered to 5 Cataphractii terminators and 10 Legion Veterans with 2 meltaguns.

I've updated it on the DA table of participants but I suggest you directly PM Sigismund Himself so that he is up to speed.

SG

Wouldn't write it here if i hadn't already gotten it changed on the main thread ;)

Ok remind me one thingie: At what state do we need the models to be to be valid for an oath?

I started painting yesterday after a looong time and then it hit me that we still have the challenge....

EDIT: OK found it.

Therefore:

I, Brother Immolator of the Dark Angels LEGION, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one terminator Librarian 
on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two
WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I
should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the
Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

EDITED HERE SEMPER!!!!!!

Archived