Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 & PtR

The Shadow Guard

Adding my second vow. :) 

I, Arkley of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Deathwing Terminator Squad on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Librarium Paintinch Challenge 2013 Dark Angels Forum Summary

Honourable vows made = 76

Completed vows = 15 (19.3%)

Well done battle brothers. According to the Master of Recruits Captain Semper the dark Angels Forum now has more completed vows than the total vows made by each of the  forums identified in RED below:

Black Templars: 17
Blood Angels: 34
Index Astartes: 18
Liber Aastartes: 22
Spacewolves: 5
UltramarinesM: 9

Chaos Ascendant: 16
Legio Morbidus: 6
Throne of Skulls: 1
Legion of Excess: 1

All Chaos forums: 24
Imperial Guard: 10
Grey Knights: 2
Sisters of Battle: 4
Horus Heresy: 2

Four more completions and we would have tabled everyone except for the Blood Angels, Liber Astartes and the Combined Chaos Forums Total. Do not rest now! Do not become complacent. The enemies of the Lion are always gathering!

+ + +  For the Lion, The Legion and the Emperor! + + +

Sorry Brothers,

Due to an incident with a Hammer-Drill and some kickback, I have probably broken my scaphoid bone in my wrist, this means a cast over the whole area and includes imobilising my painting thumb, the cast is a precautionary measure for 10 days until they re xray it to confirm the injury. This affects my painting schedule something majorwallbash.gif

I had a crack at some simple weathering last night, it went ok but due to my lack of thumb I cannot hold a brush well enough to paint any sort of detail.

Unless there is a get out clause for medical reasons, I will probably fail my LPC vow this year cry.gif Doing a whole model is just not happening, even weilding a hobby knife to clean up the flash etc is hard work.

Luckily this year we are miles ahead in the stats and my failure may not affect the outcome, thanks for the update SG :tu:

I am wracking my brains as it is to come up with a PtR vow so I can earn a sixth pearl and the precious Black pearl in that event. Thinking cap ON...sweat.gif

Ha, even as I type (slowly) I am thinking of more weathering...

Optimistic cynic

:D

Stobz

Sorry Brothers,

Due to an incident with a Hammer-Drill and some kickback, I have probably broken my scaphoid bone in my wrist, this means a cast over the whole area and includes imobilising my painting thumb, the cast is a precautionary measure for 10 days until they re xray it to confirm the injury. This affects my painting schedule something majorwallbash.gif

I had a crack at some simple weathering last night, it went ok but due to my lack of thumb I cannot hold a brush well enough to paint any sort of detail.

Unless there is a get out clause for medical reasons, I will probably fail my LPC vow this year cry.gif Doing a whole model is just not happening, even weilding a hobby knife to clean up the flash etc is hard work.

Luckily this year we are miles ahead in the stats and my failure may not affect the outcome, thanks for the update SG thumbsup.gif

I am wracking my brains as it is to come up with a PtR vow so I can earn a sixth pearl and the precious Black pearl in that event. Thinking cap ON...sweat.gif

Optimistic cynic

biggrin.png

Stobz

Pictures or it didn't happen...

Paul

Sorry Brothers,

Luckily this year we are miles ahead in the stats and my failure may not affect the outcome, thanks for the update SG thumbsup.gif

Optimistic cynic

biggrin.png

Stobz

I don't know you used the excuse that you died when the world ended last year now you are faking injuries. whistlingW.gif

Me personally I think you have fallen to Chaos teehee.gif

Nope, it's worse. My thumb is now cast to nearly the top but better over the fingers.

The scaphoid is a little bone at the base (when you lift your thumb you get a dent in by your wrist, it's in there), according to the docs it is more serious than the end of the Mayan calender ;) as it has poor blood supply and takes ages to heal. Some breaks actually require complete bone replacement as they don't heal and degrade away, I'm pretty sure that's not me though. That is why they bind it up so thoroughly, to give the best chance of healing.

Thanks for your concern guys, this sure is a friendly site.

Anyway, enough worrying about me, Tis aint an agony aunt site for everyones problems :P Get to work team and do a great job for the Lion (and TSG and Capt S and Yourselves)!!!

stobz

If you strap a painting brush to ach of your fingers you may be able to do some painting, ermm.gif I don't know, the cast does look suspicious... I want to see the other side or preferably this side with a mirror reflection showing the otherside at the same time!! devil.gif

Seriously, get well soon. Don't muck about with Scaphoid fractures... if you do have one and it doesn't heal... it is a bloody heap of trouble..... Just rest easy and don't worry about the LPC.... As for the PtR you have time until late March.... and I am sure you'll think of something....msn-wink.gif

SG

hi all 

im currently away from home and my camera has died, but i would like to say both my vows, PtR and LPC are done and as soon as i get a new camera ill get some pics up...

sorry for not being able to post pics yet

Tomsev

Archived