Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 & PtR

The Shadow Guard

Time is slowly running out for both the PtR and LPC 2013 contests.... just about 6 weeks left for both contests to finish. I woul;d ask all Dark Angels participants to check that their oaths had indeed been recorded in the Main LPC Thread in the PC&A forum. If you had made an oath there it will be listed on the Second post of this thread. The posting is according to the date of your oaths rather than by alphabeticla order.

Some of you may think that you had vowed for the LPC but might have only done so for the PtR contest and vice versa.

Please check your status and your progress as the Lion's honour is at stake.

SG

Librarium Paintinch Challenge 2013 Dark Angels Forum Summary

Honourable vows made = 76

Completed vows = 17 (22.4%)

The advance goes on slowly. We have now completed as many vows as all the oaths made by Chaos Ascendant forum!. The Master of Recruits Captain Semper reports that the Dark Angels Forum now has more completed vows than the total vows made by each of the  forums identified in RED and equal to the total vows made by those in yellow shown below:

Black Templars: 17
Blood Angels: 34
Index Astartes: 18
Liber Aastartes: 22
Spacewolves: 5
UltramarinesM: 9

Chaos Ascendant: 16
Legio Morbidus: 6
Throne of Skulls: 1
Legion of Excess: 1

All Chaos forums: 24
Imperial Guard: 10
Grey Knights: 2
Sisters of Battle: 4
Horus Heresy: 2

Two more completions and we would have tabled everyone except for the Blood Angels, Liber Astartes and the Combined Chaos Forums Total.

Eight more completions and we would table all but the Blood Angels!

Eighteen more completions and we win this outright without waiting for the end of the event!

Can we do it???

Do not rest now! Do not become complacent. The enemies of the Lion are always gathering!

+ + +  For the Lion, The Legion and the Emperor! + + +

I'm fairly confident I can make my vow now that I have made myself another wet palette... I should hit myself for choosing to paint a unit of 9 black models, but I am not sure I'd have worked up the motivation otherwise!

And with Balthamal's completion we are now at 18! which means we have "tabled" the Templars, we are already at par with total IA vows (so they need 100% completion rate just to tie with us) and we need 5 more completions to "table" the LA and 7 more for the combined Chaos (because we have already annihilated each individual Chaos forum)!

So good work so far, but keep them coming!

FOR THE GLORY OF THE FIRST!

Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 Dark Angels Forum Summary

Completed vows = 18 (25%)

The advance goes on slowly. We have now completed as many vows as all the oaths made by Chaos Ascendant forum!. The Master of Recruits Captain Semper reports that the Dark Angels Forum now has more completed vows than the total vows made by each of the  forums identified in RED and equal to the total vows made by those in yellow shown below:

Liber Astartes: 22

Two more completions by grotsmasha and balthamal and we have tabled Black templars! Glory to the Lion!!.

SIX more completions and we would table all but the Blood Angels!

Seventeen more completions and we win this outright without waiting for the end of the event!

WE CAN DO IT!

Do not rest now! Do not become complacent. The enemies of the Lion are always gathering!

OK guys, we've completed 22 vows so far. That means that we have tabled eveyone but the BAs and the Chaos forums (IF we combine the all together - which was not the case in the past).

Now we need 3 more to destroy the combined Chaos and that will bring us to a total of 25 completions which translates to a 75% completion rate for the BAs just to tie with us!

So who are the 3 heroes going to be?

For the First!

Ok so I completely forgot about this...

that and I broke up with my girlfriend the week before christmas and moved into my own place mid jan...

started working on a fallen squad of Terminators/Cyper (who was already done-ish) and now a 10 man squad full of bionics and what not...just waiting on bits for that squad....

sooo

onto my vow...

Librarian and 20 assault Marines

well Librarian is done-ish...

haha

Boom...MIND SHOT...get it...hand...pskyer...pfft whatever...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/SaintCapitano/2013-02-22_01-20-31_846_zps12409451.jpg

Needs a few more colors...but will work for table top...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/SaintCapitano/2013-02-22_01-20-39_720_zpsc68d6f56.jpg

The Camera...really hates him...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/SaintCapitano/2013-02-22_01-20-49_350_zpsa40366ed.jpg

My part in that tale is done. Time for the others to make their mark. It is strange not having the narrative like in year's past. I guess we have stunned everyone to silence.

If anything, the PtR seems to have been a stroke of brilliance as it looks like a Deathwing Assault on the LPC with all the now battle hardened painters stepping through the fog of battle to complete their vows early!

Even Captain Semper's Subforum Challenge helped hone skills and show the value of completions. Plus being in the lull time, helped keep people actively painting. You deserve some props as well.

Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 Dark Angels Forum Summary

Completed vows = 24 (31.6%)

The advance gathers momentum. We have now completed as many vows as all the oaths made by Liber Astartes Forum!. The Master of Recruits Captain Semper reports that the Dark Angels Forum now has more completed vows than the total vows made by each of the  forums identified in RED and equal to the total vows made by those in yellow shown below:

Liber Astartes: 22

Six more completions by Izzuan, Lady Grumpy Pants, Grand Master Belial, dggoldsmith, GlauG and a massive one by djulius formed the spearpoint of the next phase of advance, smashing through enemy liines and ahead of the Index Astartes and  Liber Astartes! Well done brothers.

We are on par with the combined Chaos Forums.

One more completions and we would table all but the Blood Angels!

Ten more completions and we win this outright without waiting for the end of the event!

Let us close this chapter decisively once and for all. We will prevail!

Target: 10 more completions before the end of February!!

I, Brother Immolator of the Dark Angels, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least 1 Terminator librarian, , on or before the 31st of March, 2013. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

AND ANOTHER ONE HERE SEMPER!

@ djulius: Have a quick look at tye list on the first page, there are quite a few ways to earn pearls. Valid Codex:DA units is one, full HH:Betrayal squads is another, even DA themed terrain is worth pearls, some are worth more than one.

Cheers,

Jono

Archived