Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 & PtR

The Shadow Guard

Thanks brother, your kind thoughts are very much appreciated. smile.png

Need to find an appropriate head for the libby and I need advice on a weapon. What should I arm a terminator libby with?

Those two are all thats left.

As far as librarians go, I have one with an axe, a sword, and a mace (counts as staff). I personally prefer the axe, but I think thats more due to aesthetics than anything ;-)

I thought it a bit and ordered a sanguinary axe to arm him with. I am starting to think he doesn't look too Dark Angely (using the GK armor). I still need to bling him up to hide those inscriptions.

I'd fill them with GS and bling up from there really. The kits are actually pretty great except for those dumb words..

Ah well, the sides of the armor, reading Faith / Shield I kept. They are a good slogan IMHO. As well the knight champion on the legs.

The plates reading Terra and Titan, I masked by strapping a book on top (no libby can go around without a book right?)

The Steel / faith motto I dont know whether to keep or no.

Ah well, the sides of the armor, reading Faith / Shield I kept. They are a good slogan IMHO. As well the knight champion on the legs.

The plates reading Terra and Titan, I masked by strapping a book on top (no libby can go around without a book right?)

The Steel / faith motto I dont know whether to keep or no.

Hmmmm....Allmost makes me want to get some GK Termies now...Faith/Shield and Steel/Faith fit rather well with my reavers....hmmmmm.....

I have my Chapter Master and Nephilim done.  Baneblade and DA tac squad almost.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/DAMaster451x800_zps64332993.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/DANephilim800x451_zpsdea42918.jpg

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll62/DeathbyDread/DANephilim2800x451_zps7ef1ee33.jpg

Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 Dark Angels Forum Summary

Honourable vows made = 76
Completed vows = 33 (43.4%)

The advance gathers momentum. We have now completed as many vows as all the oaths made by Liber Astartes Forum!. The Master of Recruits Captain Semper reports that the Dark Angels Forum now has more completed vows than the total vows made by each of the  forums identified in RED and equal to the total vows made by those in yellow shown below:

Black Templars: 17
Blood Angels: 34
Index Astartes: 18
Liber Astartes: 22
Spacewolves: 5
UltramarinesM: 9
Chaos Ascendant: 16
Legio Morbidus: 6
Throne of Skulls: 1
Legion of Excess: 1
All Chaos forums: 24
Imperial Guard: 10
Grey Knights: 2
Sisters of Battle: 4
Horus Heresy: 2

we now have more completed vows than the maximum oaths made by each of the forums except the Blood Angels.! The Blood Angels with their 34 oaths will need a 76% completion rate. Shall we make that impossible by completing a total of 35 oaths before the end of the competition?

TWO more completions and we win this outright without waiting for the end of the event!

Let us close this chapter decisively once and for all. We will prevail!

Do not rest now! Do not become complacent! The enemies of the Lion are always gathering!

Target: 02 more completions before 31 March!!!

+ + +  For the Lion, The Legion and the Emperor! + + +

I'm confident that I will finish (and by that I of course mean start and finish) the final component of my LPC vow this weekend. It's a chaplain, and therefore mostly black; how hard can it be...?

how hard can it be...?

Come now brother, surely you know that is almost as bad as saying "what's the worst that could happen?"!

AngelVeto; I did it... For those who are interested check out the completed LPC post here, which contains links for each component to my WIP thread. Either way, at some point in the next 24 hours there will be group shots of the whole 5th Company up in that thread, so please swing by and see them; it's been a long slog!

I think this means we are drawing with the BA now? The narcissist in me wanted to be the vow that pushed us into the victory; I am happy however simply to open the door for another brother... C'mon guys, let's get this done by the end of the day...

!!!!! VOW COMPLETE !!!!!

1x Forgeworld Angron

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/LadyGrumpyPants%20LPC13/IMAG1037_zpsc342fb42.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/LadyGrumpyPants%20LPC13/IMAG1038_zps7a16ad54.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

Librarium Painting Challenge 2013 Dark Angels Forum Summary

DARK ANGELS - DECISIVE VICTORY

Honourable vows made = 76
Completed vows = 36 (47.4%)

The Master of Recruits Captain Semper reports that the Dark Angels Forum now has more completed vows than the total vows made by every competing forum on the B+C.

Black Templars: 17
Blood Angels: 34
Index Astartes: 18
Liber Astartes: 22
Spacewolves: 5
UltramarinesM: 9
Chaos Ascendant: 16
Legio Morbidus: 6
Throne of Skulls: 1
Legion of Excess: 1
All Chaos forums: 24
Imperial Guard: 10
Grey Knights: 2
Sisters of Battle: 4
Horus Heresy: 2

Well done to Skink on completing your oath and also being the one who brought the Dark Angels forum's completions to match the total oaths made by the Blood Angels.

COngratulations to Grtosmasha on bringing the Dark Angels Forum's tally above all other forums'total oaths. It is also fitting that Grotsmasha, who was the first to mak the oath for the LPC 2013 also was instrumental in our victory!

I am extremely rpoud of all our battle Brothers'efforst in this event. Despite our decisive victory our completion rate remains at 46%. Let us cement this victory with a decisive moral victory too by increasing our completion rate!

I alas, have just landed in Shanghai, and will have to fail my oath s I won't be back in time. However I am confident our brothers will uphold the honour of the Unforgiven.

I will leave Captain Semper to do the bragging in the other forums!!!whistlingW.gif teehee.gif

Let us close this chapter decisively once and for all. We will prevail!

Do not rest now! Do not become complacent! The enemies of the Lion are always gathering!

DECISIVE VICTORY!!!!!!

+ + + For the Lion, The Legion and the Emperor! + + +

Archived