KBA's Raven Guard - Tearing out the carpet! - 3-10-14

KBA

Bringing back an older model with an updated head and lengthened body. I tried out the little trick I've been doing on my Plague Wolves for my Recon Marine. I kind of like it. I kind of don't. It reminds me of Big Bird in ways. I had to give it a shot :)

qazj.jpg

j9zz.jpg

gg63.jpg

. could you please let me know how you made this awesome helmet. reminds me of the original fluff when the helmets came in several peices.

You need a dremel or other suitable rotary tool and the right size bit to bore into the helmeted head. Once you have the hole, you might need to widen it with your hobby knife a little. Some evening out at the top of the new 'mask' is needed too. The bare head will need alteration as well to fit in. I whittled down the sides, cut the head from its ball joint just below the mouth, and then dry fitted and whittled until I got it to where I wanted it to be. Like most things in this hobby, it's not an exact science, and you have to experiment. I ruined one of my 'corvus' sergeant Forge World beakie helmts in my first attempt when I got to the stage of evening the thing out around the eye lenses. Hope this helps :)

• 1 month later...

8vsk.jpg

g02g.jpg

z84w.jpg

6dp4.jpg

b4hw.jpg

Inspiration for Vejovis came from members of the forum mentioning the previous model looking like a plague doctor. After googling what that was, I decided I had to make an Apothecary based on these nutty doctors:

n3t3.png

Thanks for looking and reading.

Wow! I was going to do someshing a little similar with some plague marines when ever I had the chance. But I think you did a better job than I could have as usual KBA. It's a great kit bash can I ask how you'll paint him?

That is an outstanding conversion!

Bravo!

Who/what went into it? I think I see Fabius...

Thanks brother! Fabius indeed was the base for Vejovis. The other important bit, his head, came from the Iron Hands FW MK III kit.

I love it brother I wish I could make something like this!

Glad you enjoyed him, Jasp. Honestly, anyone could make what I make. I don't really have GS skill, nor do I use it much in my conversions. It's all drilling, cutting, and gluing. And keeping an eye on ebay for the bits lol.

Whoa that apothocary looks brilliant....little chasio

Though

Thanks brother!

Wow! I was going to do someshing a little similar with some plague marines when ever I had the chance. But I think you did a better job than I could have as usual KBA. It's a great kit bash can I ask how you'll paint him?

A full squad of Plague Marines would look awesome with the Plague Doctor beak. That's probably the better use of the concept, but I couldn't resist. I tried researching apothecary colors for Heresy era Raven Guard and couldn't find much. I'll probably follow what I saw in Betrayal where an Emperor's Children Apothecary had a paint scheme with a little white, but mostly his legion colors. Really not sure what to do with the lab coat. Probably black.

***Eisenhorn, I just saw your comment, Thanks brother!

Not sure if anyone read any of the story, but SHOOT ME FIRST is exactly what Vejovis is going for. I wanted the pose to reflect this as well. His Kevin-Costner-In-Dances-With-Wolves beginning of the film line charge moment.

A full squad of Plague Marines would look awesome with the Plague Doctor beak. That's probably the better use of the concept, but I couldn't resist. I tried researching apothecary colors for Heresy era Raven Guard and couldn't find much. I'll probably follow what I saw in Betrayal where an Emperor's Children Apothecary had a paint scheme with a little white, but mostly his legion colors. Really not sure what to do with the lab coat. Probably black.

***Eisenhorn, I just saw your comment, Thanks brother!

Not sure if anyone read any of the story, but SHOOT ME FIRST is exactly what Vejovis is going for. I wanted the pose to reflect this as well. His Kevin-Costner-In-Dances-With-Wolves beginning of the film line charge moment.

Even if he wants to be in the thick of the fighting, black imo would look really good and it would tie in nicely with the plague doctor appearance as they wore dark colours also black is a flattering colour.... But as for where and what other colours, god knows all I have to say to you sir is god luck!  

ap9s.jpg

o0lv.jpg

z8i9.jpg

kaky.jpg

89kr.jpg

Updated an older model from Grotsmasha's Librarian challenge. Gave him the 'skinny' treatment, and removed some of his trinkets that identified him more easily as a Wizard. Thanks to Heathens for the inspiration on the Psionic Dampening Plate from his idea for his Astral Claws librarian utilizing the 'Aetheric Restriction Plate'. Thanks for looking and/or reading.

Please oh god please build me a model just take my money and Commision me a piece

I've got a spare Sons Of Horus Command brother I never used for a duel idea. I'll whip something up for you - free for Jasp ofcourse. PM me your address! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!

Breathtaking work. Your kitbashing combined with your green stuff work creates truly spectacular models.

Thank you for the kind compliment :). I really need to watch a few tutorials on youtube to grow my low level of green stuff skill to use it a little more in my toy making.

You need to paint this guy, sooner rather than later. He's gonna look bad as hell in black.

The anorexic PTSD apothecary or the rogue librarian?

That's a really really cool medicae!

...but I think he fits better in a chaos army than a RG army though... smile.png

Thanks man. I'll even take that latter criticism as a compliment: it's not all sunshine and rainbows in my Heresy Era Ravens :)

Inbound XVI Legion Reaver from the Siege of Terra. Still needs a good air-dusting from the drilling left overs, and a little mold line cleaning, but overall pretty done. Yours if you want it, Jaspcat smile.png. Felt good to throw together a bad guy.

z5v6.jpg

614t.jpg

l5vn.jpg

xjxb.jpg

jtb8.jpg

y111.jpg

Archived