@Firepower, I am using an air brush, I highlight all the way up to burning yellow, then darken the whole mini using grif sepia wash, leaving just the edges, its sad to report but all the minis are a slightly different shade of yellow!

@Little King. This will be years in the making! I have that love hate thing going on with GW and Forgeworld

Update Time!

So i have the basics of my first 5 man installment fleshed out, i am waiting on some resin bases that are in the post, until then i will be adding touch ups and starting on the 10 Mk III marines i have, but enough talk to the pics!

gallery_63665_8309_686966.jpg

I know the blood looks funky but i have fixed it since taking this shot

gallery_63665_8309_553511.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_285466.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Okay,

Got some brush time and here are the results! i added black to all the legionaries but i still think they need more let me know what you think!

gallery_63665_8309_432631.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_272585.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_251905.jpg

Here you have the Sergeants Helm, though not 100% its close

gallery_63665_8309_330137.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_355164.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_219742.jpg

Well let me know what you think guys and i am always open to pointers and ideas!

Cheers

Battle8rother

• 2 months later...

UPDATE TIME!!!

not a whole lot of WIP pics. still havent gotten around to ordering some FW bolters so the "godwyn" pattern will have to do for now.

First up this fella as a bog standard tacticl marine. i got 5 of the MkIII guys off of ebay and not the best quality casts this guys backpack broke

gallery_63665_8309_199229.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_426310.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_823020.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_953453.jpg

The Sargent is up next (cant find his backpack)

gallery_63665_8309_499829.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_966941.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_1876136.jpg

hope you like! As always C&C welcome

Hey all,
So i have been doing some major thinking about my legion and a little about their story and I want to run a few ideas by you guys.

1. Fluffy list. This force I am going to be making I kind of want to show 2 sides of the legion. The obligatory siege of he palace on terra. The other hat I want the list to wear comes from the cover art of Shadows of treachery. And yes that means boarding shields and Mk III lots of them! And if that wasn't enough I would like to in some form or fashion depict the future successor chapters in the force. Obviously a pure infantry list would get spanked in 30k.

2. beat up. These fists will look like they have gone to hell and back and asked for seconds, but I also plan on having my MkIV looking a little better off to show its newish war gear.

3. individuality. I like to view legion marines as having grater leeway when it comes to decoration than codex adherent chapter. But I still need to maintain to the truth that the legions were military organisations and there is a manner of uniformity I must adhere to.

Well thats all for now

Cheers!

Update time!

Not a big one but its progress and that is all that matters a group shot for viewing plesure!

also let me know if anyone is intrested in a toutorial on how i do my Imperial Fists let me know and i will attempt to do you justice!

gallery_63665_8309_193528.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_352536.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_2059204.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_1083910.jpg

Thats it for now, i am about to start on another 5 man Iron Armor unit to bing them upto 10 so let me know if you want a toutorial!

Welcome to the new WIP log!

I hobby like a kid with A.D.D I just can’t seem to stay on one *squirrel* thing at a time, so as opposed to having many different wip logs I am going to consolidate it all here!

You will Find Soul Drinkers, Iron Warriors, Imperial Fists, Dark angels and more in this thread from here on out this will be the one stop shop for all my projects!

So here are some projects I am working on, non are 100% done.

gallery_63665_7939_245547.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_379698.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_107113.jpg

Thanks again as allways!

So I need to do some catching up on my blogging as I have done a bunch of work and not taken any pictures.

First up is some of my terrain WIPs made from the same cork as my bases, the big one will end up been a 2 tier building, as you can see I have used 90 degree bits of sprue to help brace the wall, I will also be giving it a couple of baths in PVA Glue to make it hard and not so floppy then on to a lick of paint! Also some pictures of my Dark Angels.

gallery_63665_7939_1655690.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_278180.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_84393.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_635074.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_616517.jpg

Enjoy!

Awesome idea with the cork walls, that's something i've never seen before. Just a few layers of ink and it'll look like a sandstone (or any other stone for that matter) building.

Thank you Ch@os!

I doused them in PVA and water mix and they firmed up nice but it took a good 24 hours to dry as the cork really soaks up the mixture, I added chopped up paper clips to give it that reinforced concrete look I really like the way they turned out. I doubt that the pictures will do it real justice but I will bust out my good camera and attempt to take some good pictures, the paint I used added little crystals that reflect light real nice almost looks like mineral deposits. anyway I will update later!  

Cheers

Oh man, I feel really bad about my previous comment. I realize now that that is part of the armor (where it's a smooth slope from cheek to chin) I thought it was over painted, because I don't normally see that MK helmet.

I'm sorry, there looking great :)

Oh man, I feel really bad about my previous comment. I realize now that that is part of the armor (where it's a smooth slope from cheek to chin) I thought it was over painted, because I don't normally see that MK helmet.

I'm sorry, there looking great smile.png

It's all good! i got them with so much battle damage anyway I can understand your comment. I will post some pictures soon PRE weathering! I glad you liked them, I take alot of pride in my paintingbiggrin.png

Just went thru this WIP blog and alot of great stuff here, so many projects happening in a short time.

Update time!

also let me know if anyone is intrested in a toutorial on how i do my Imperial Fists let me know and i will attempt to do you justice!

Yes, Yes I do, not sure why everyone missed this. (Did you do it? If so maybe I missed it)

I hobby like a kid with A.D.D I just can’t seem to stay on one *squirrel* thing at a time, so as opposed to having many different wip logs I am going to consolidate it all here!

One post you see the dirty scratch-up Imperial and the next post you see Very clean and sharp Dark Angles. Alot of win here.

Did you end up getting another camera? the photos are alot better now.

Just went thru this WIP blog and alot of great stuff here, so many projects happening in a short time.

Update time!

Yes, Yes I do, not sure why everyone missed this. (Did you do it? If so maybe I missed it)

>

One post you see the dirty scratch-up Imperial and the next post you see Very clean and sharp Dark Angles. Alot of win here.

Did you end up getting another camera? the photos are alot better now.

First of all thank you for the kind and motivational words!

About the camera... I take most of my pictures with my tablet because my "better half" hates my hobbyermm.gif. but I stole the family camera and good some good pictures!

Like you said i have allot on at the minute and I try to split my time equally among them all, that way i don't lose my touch.

As far as a tutorial I just managed to break my air brush censored.gif! But this makes for a good chance to replicate what i did with brush only!

Next i will update some pictures of my destroyed building, i am pretty exited about it to say the least!

Archived