So i would say i am not much of a converter of minis so i gave it a go and here he is......

I present Sigismund the emperors champion!

gallery_63665_8309_366219.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_1029683.jpg

I think this is more of a kit bash than a conversion but IDK

also some feed back on the removed head from the Emperors Champion, does it work in the MKIII body?

Cheers

Battle8rother

There are some miniatures that just shouldn't be converted and the Emperor's Champion model is one of them. Its no offense to you, but it is just such a good sculpt and I have seen very few painters convert it successfully and still make it look as good as the original. 

looks okay... the trouble with the emperors champ model these days is that he is smaller than modern marines, a real shame as it's arguably the best marine GW ever produced.

I am going to agree with you here, the sculpt is quite odd, he is taller and skinnier than your average Joe Marine

There are some miniatures that just shouldn't be converted and the Emperor's Champion model is one of them. Its no offense to you, but it is just such a good sculpt and I have seen very few painters convert it successfully and still make it look as good as the original. 

As the saying goes. Whats done is done! there is another one about lemons and apple juice but that one is a little fuzzy.No offense taken anyway, I have to say I like the way he turned out.

I quite like the Imperial Fists yuo have got here. MKIII armour just fits them perfectly, and from a personal perspective, I really like the sergeants helm, that's how I do mine! As for the Emperor's Champion model, I'm not a big fan of the original one, but I do like the changes you have made. It is a little thinner than newer marines though like you have noted. I'm still wandering what to do with mine, but you have given me some ideas.

Good job and keep it up. Glad there is someone still batting for the Imperial Fists!

I quite like the Imperial Fists yuo have got here. MKIII armour just fits them perfectly, and from a personal perspective, I really like the sergeants helm, that's how I do mine! As for the Emperor's Champion model, I'm not a big fan of the original one, but I do like the changes you have made. It is a little thinner than newer marines though like you have noted. I'm still wandering what to do with mine, but you have given me some ideas.

Good job and keep it up. Glad there is someone still batting for the Imperial Fists!

Im a Fist to the bone!

Ok Update time here are some snaps of my Terrain WIP, still need to figure out how to better brace the top as my metal Thunder Fire Cannon would break it me thinks!

gallery_63665_7939_2679042.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_2592124.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_500562.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_4720294.jpg

To brace the metal Thunderfire, perhaps some more columns? Perhaps a layer of plasticard on the top layer as well, so its a bit stronger structurally?

Just a thought.

I like the idea! but I dont have any plasticard, i think another bath in PVA glue and add more columns is going to be the order of the day!

Another update!

This is just to show you what projects I have on the go at the minute, for those of you who followed my Soul Drinker Army you will note that this guy is going to be my Chapter/Company Commander, this mini is going to be a proof of concept idea as i have been debating wether or not wanted to Strip the entire army (or at least the ones painted in the old citidel paint range), and start over. i just think the whole army would look better in a deep and dark purple than how they look right now. I think rebuilding the Soul Drinkers will have to go down to a community vote so let me know!

gallery_63665_7939_1454480.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_871192.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_88164.jpg

You have so much on your plate, is stripping them and starting over really feasable?

TBH i want to see more Imperial Fists

Me too brother!

But forge world sits right on the edge of what I am willing to spend in one go, so i will be getting them in batches until my big 30 hits in September and i am hoping for a massive dump of minis!

I am considering repainting my Soul Drinkers because I had to switch over from the old paint range so my marines look like they are 2 different army's not one. I have also got a ton better at painting and and i would like to improve the look of the army as a whole.

• 1 month later...

Small update!

gallery_63665_7939_260642.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_927675.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_939457.jpg

gallery_63665_7939_423743.jpg

This is going to be part of a diorama i am working on! think it will be called "Chapter War" he is mounted on a tea light that has a cool glow to it when turned on!

gallery_63665_7160_218242.jpg

gallery_63665_7160_381638.jpg

gallery_63665_7160_775431.jpg

And Some More Fists! (Air brush is down so all done by hand)

gallery_63665_8309_769251.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_217013.jpg

And this time with bolters (guess the shortage on terra must have been fixed!)

gallery_63665_8309_720926.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_667494.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, so much work without commentary. Fail. sad.png

The concrete shield Dreadnought got a good chortle out of me laugh.png Of all your recent-ish work though, the Deathwing wins by a wide margin in my opinion. The shading on the yellow is just too subtle for my tastes. I feel it would do much better as the same deep brown in the crevices of the Deathwing terminator. As is, everything just looks so....soft. That's the best word I can think of.

That's just a matter of taste though, and I realize changing it at this point would be a huge endeavor anyway tongue.png.

On another note, I quite like the feathery power-weapon technique you have smile.png

Archived