I need a little more information before I choose which one I like best.  What role is this character filling?  Chaplain, Moritat, etc?  The sword looks good but out of sorts with the handle to the crozius sticking out below the hand like that.  I would recommend replacing the sword with a mace from the HH close combat set or replacing the handle.  I like the crested MK III helmet best with the old style plasma pistol but I would move the hand holding it away from the body like the bolt pistol arm.

Cheers mate!

I need a little more information before I choose which one I like best.  What role is this character filling?  Chaplain, Moritat, etc?  The sword looks good but out of sorts with the handle to the crozius sticking out below the hand like that.  I would recommend replacing the sword with a mace from the HH close combat set or replacing the handle.  I like the crested MK III helmet best with the old style plasma pistol but I would move the hand holding it away from the body like the bolt pistol arm.

you know at this point i am thinking heresy era Chaplain but i hope to pull it off in a manner that he could fill both rolls

I'd agree with #4. He looks the most like an Imperial Fist.

The higher right shoulder pad matches the neck guard really nicely, and the Mk III helmet just looks better in general with the pose.

That sword conversion is really nice as well. Well done!

Thank you for weighing in your vote is counted!

#4 personally. Take it it's for your IF?

Thanks forte, yes he will be a character for my fists.

Can I input an option 5? And that would be to simply (and delicately) remove the bolt pistol from the reclusiam chaplain's arm and swap it in for the plasma pistol? That way you get a cooler gun, and keep a cool pose.

mmmmm Option 5 sound good i will have to think about it he will be either a Champion or moritat.

Quick post Christmas update. got forgeworld weathering powder and its been trial and mostly error but here is a Predator update!

gallery_63665_8309_118623.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_239553.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_111333.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_711099.jpg

Let me know what you think!

I think it's a gorgeous tank; and I think your model with the chaplain bits should be a champion since moritat's generally have dual pistols.

Thank you The_Chaplain!

Based on your input I have decided to go with the legion champion and I have come up with this Blu-Tac mock up of what I think will be the finished pose. You can see my Dark Angles laid a sacrifice upon the alter of Dorn!

gallery_63665_8309_355622.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_401404.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_737557.jpg

As you can see the back looks a little rough i can fix this by shifting the shoulder guard towards the back (I was smart enough to save the piping on the front so it will look right) or use green stuff and I will admit I am not that exited about doing that

Looks suitably heroic. Well done! thumbsup.gif

It looks good battlebrother- though I think the arm holding the head needs to be shortened just a little bit so it is more in proportion with the other arm.

Well Done!!!thumbsup.gif

Thanks guys!

Quick update before work....

Here is my Legion Sicarian MBT

gallery_63665_8309_354905.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_376002.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Amazing work! Not a fan of yellow, no imperial fists, but these look amazing!

Question!

How did you do the weathering? It looks fantastic!

Thanks brother,

I have tried quite a few methods which method are you talking about, let me know and I will have to see what I can do!!

watch this space!

Great stuff Battle8rother! Your champion's turned out looking really impressive. I may need to steal your idea at some point in the future, if that's ok!

The Sicaran's looking great too. Are those World Eaters colours I spy?

Thanks SMC. No World Eaters (yet) but there will be in the future!

Liking the pose!

that does look very white-blue though, you sure you're feeling quite well Brother?

Hahaha got a good chuckle out of that! I feel fine, but when the fists are put to task they execute with extreme predjudice!

Looking good so far, love the camo

Thanks Styrofoam, I will be creating a bit of fluff for the tank and its significance to my army "fidelus ad mortem"

Gorgeous. Can't wait to see that pretty little thing finished!

Thank you Brother! I will try not to disappoint 

Oh wow... That's a really nice yellow. Any chance of a tutorial?

You bet would you like it in this thread or over in the tutorial area?

Archived