MkIV LC ? Nice mockup smile.png

Edit: ...you know I was considering the PF option with the Breacher Sergeant, but I was always confused about how he is supposed to operate his bolter whilst wielding a claw or fist, ideas?

I read somewhere in a book that described a Imperial Guardsman taking a power fist off of a dead guy he just pulled it off strapped it on and off he went. So I think of them the same on Astartes. To me its something they slip there armored hand into and it mag-locks to the armor of the user. when not in use it just hangs out mag locked to the waist awaiting the owner to slip his hand into so atomic uppercuts can be handed out. well that's my version of the truth and I am sticking to itteehee.gif

Breacher Sergeant... Yeah, he looks the part all right! How no-nonsense can he look! thumbsup.gif

I am trying to rid the imperium of its polished presentable look!

I see what you meant about the masking tape. Thanks for the pointer there smile.png

Great looking work. I have to commend you., that much yellow would drive me insane or make me go blind.

It's hard to add constructive feedback when everything you are doing is high quality but that was about all I could find fault with and that was a stretch to begin with!

I don't personally do not mind painting yellow but saying that I also stay away from the super bright yellow look also, that will make a man go bat censored.gif crazy!

Very cool man, he looks the part.thumbsup.gif The combi-weapon looks great.

Thank you good sir!

the angle of the attachment reminds me of this http://www.armyrecognition.com/images/stories/europe/belgium/weapons/scar-l/pictures/SCAR-L_assaut_rifle_FN_Herstal_Belgium_003.jpg

That Sergeant is very well posed. Almost as if he's stood on the lip of a trench looking at his enemies with contemptuous confidence.

Thats the view more that one Traitor saw last....

I have one question, almost a request if you will - if you do some missile heavy weapons guys, please have one with a S.M.AA.W strapped across his back - would look immensely characterful and easily be mocked up with heavy weathering & camo.

I will have to put that on my to do list it should be fun to model!

Try bringing the shield around so that the pinned marine's neck is in the curve of the shield.  The pose looks a little awkward for the marine holding the shield right now.  Have you considered having the bolter hanging slack and a combat blade in his right hand ready to plunge into the traitor marine's exposed neck?

Either EC (purple as a contrast) or IW (silver and jerks) for the guy on the ground. I can't stand either of those legions. While your at it, beat the crap out of some Word Bearers too. :)

Okay another WIP shot for my Breecher Squad:

gallery_63665_8309_121888.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_65887.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_708790.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_639037.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Also if you would let me know what Legion you would like to see getting their head removed by a Boarding Shield?

this is great ,

i think mikhails shield idea is perfect as it would put the marine in a deliciously subdued position waiting for the final moment

Try bringing the shield around so that the pinned marine's neck is in the curve of the shield. The pose looks a little awkward for the marine holding the shield right now. Have you considered having the bolter hanging slack and a combat blade in his right hand ready to plunge into the traitor marine's exposed neck?

**stand by for defensive maneuvers (not personal)** The pose I was trying to capture is something like the the first and second strike on this video:

just striking down to decapitate the as of yet unidentified Legionnaire. I admit the arm holding the bolter is throwing off the pose and I will do a repose and see what you think. I want to create an element of "narrative" with all my future minis, through the painting process you will get plenty of gore to make it come to life!

Either EC (purple as a contrast) or IW (silver and jerks) for the guy on the ground. I can't stand either of those legions. While your at it, beat the crap out of some Word Bearers too. smile.png

EC X1

IW X1

WB X1

Swing the shield round and decapitate some Olympian scum.

EC X1

IW X2

WB X1

If you can get ahold of a hair dryer you could reposition the arm so it looks like he's pinned the Iron Warrior in place and is about to shoot him in the head.

M2C as above I need to work the pose to make it believable, here is a Fist that has no mercy and and pure contempt for the traitor that isn't worth a holy bolt round

Like the pose like the shield as is he just knocked this traitor on his keyster and is about to deliver justice. an Iron Warrior.

Justice is served!

EC X1

IW X3

WB X1

Looking good, great sense of movement and momentum in the pose.

Thank you brother!

• 2 weeks later...

Now that's one awesome breacher legionary.

Thanks brother!

okay WIP update time!

I am really trying to do out of my box and try to make individuals that I can out up some fluff over on my Hall of Honor page here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/286817-fidelis-ad-mortem/

So down to pictures.....

First up is a yet unamed Breacher who is in need of green stuff

gallery_63665_8309_880683.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_391935.jpg

Next up is Legionary Jaxon (the pose remindes me of the the Vanguard Veteran from 5th ed C:SM)

gallery_63665_8309_947340.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_546947.jpg

You have seen this fella before but now I have sharpened the edge of his shield and washed it in black to bring out the detail but it seems to of done the exact opposite!

gallery_63665_8309_66802.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_803238.jpg

Here he is without the shield to showcase the articulation I managed with the pose

gallery_63665_8309_139786.jpg

Ready for paint!

gallery_63665_8309_925678.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_766449.jpg

unnamed Contemptor, I tried to show pure hate/rage with this pose as it shows it sprinting to get to grips with traitors!

gallery_63665_8309_743743.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_974450.jpg

And almost done minus the obvious missing arm!

gallery_63665_8309_759543.jpg

gallery_63665_8309_139579.jpg

as allways let me know what you think.

Thanks for stopping by!

Archived