Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH, I received an email from forgeworld letting me know that the Night Lord shoulder pads and the Dreadclaw drop pod I purchased are out of stock and will be coming in late.  Kind of sucks, considering I placed two separate orders and now have to wait for a contemptor and a Night Lords upgrade kit too <_<

Edited by Kaldoth

TITH I finished painting two five-man Scout squads for my Shrikes. Now I really need to start looking at painting some vehicles for the army. Or painting some Dark Angels. You know, whatever.

Why are you holding out? I want to see how you did scouts in your paint scheme. 

TITH I spray painted some Ultramarines.

Tip to self, when can says spray in well ventilated area, then you spray in well ventilated area. 

I think I spent more time sweeping up and wiping away blue dust in my garage than I did spraying my models.

TITH I finished painting two five-man Scout squads for my Shrikes. Now I really need to start looking at painting some vehicles for the army. Or painting some Dark Angels. You know, whatever.

Well....as you asked...

Bear in mind though - 

1.Crap light

2. Crap camera

3. I've had a few beers....

20160311_231446.jpg

20160311_231620.jpg

20160311_231604.jpg

Edited by kobrakei

Well....as you asked...

Bear in mind though - 

1.Crap light

2. Crap camera

3. I've had a few beers....

20160311_231446.jpg

20160311_231620.jpg

20160311_231604.jpg

Thank you for confirming that I need Scion helmets for when I do my scouts. They look great!

Edited by Halandaar

TITH I finished putting together the tactical from my Betrayal at Calth set, and in so doing sliced my thumb to the bone.

Blood for Sabguinius and Skulls for the Throne I suppose?

Today in the hobby I actually did some painting for the first time in weeks. I also took some of my Overkill guys off the sprues and cleaned them up. The sculpts really are as good as they look, with really crisp details. One thing to look out for though is that some of the attachment points for the sprue are quite large so it pays to be extra careful when removing them from the frame.

Today in the hobby, I won a ten Sister squad (including a Sister Superior with the =][= icon, of which I'll have two when it arrives) and a squad of ten Repentia. I missed out on a second BSS by £1 :( that would have allowed me to get nearly all of the models needed for my Order of the Valorous Heart CAD :( In fact, there are so many Sisters lots on a certain site today (at far too reasonable a price) that I've had to stop bidding on a lot of it, otherwise I'd be broke for the next two months! :blink:   Still, there is a Sister Superior with Mace (oop) that I'm watching to finish things off...

Edit, the second: I also finally got around to buying some soap for my brushes. I'll have to post a review when I use it. I have a few brushes that were going to need the Emperor's Mercy

Edit, the third: Got her! :happy.::wub.:

Edited by Aquilanus
emotes playing up...

TITH I sprayed my next lots of things to be painted, which would be the whole of Kill Team Cassius. Will be nice to paint something where I can know when it ends :)

YITH I managed to spend a good few hours hobbying! I built a Tactical Squad and Heavy Support Squad for my Alpha Legion, and started putting together Autilon Skorr and a plastic Contemptor.

TITH I have decided to forgo any model building since I'm just hitting a wall of exhaustion. Instead, I've decided to have a go at following Millicant's lead and transcribing a number of Fandexes onto my Battlescribe as a learning experience. So far, so well.

Also decided that at some point I'm really going to have to bite the bullet and actually get a shifty on painting/building my IF's and Night Lord's before I carry on going 'ooh shiny' at the FW White Scars bits any longer.