Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today (well, this week) in the hobby I used some resin bits for the first time ever as part of a new project (bionic bits from Anvil Industries for a IH Successor squad).

I'll be spending all my wages on Forge World goodies in no time!

How are the anvil industries bits? I hear nothing but good about them. They only look... decent in the pics on their site though. Are they up to GW standard? FW standard? Better? Somewhere in between? Maybe not quite as good but "good enough and a damn sight better than I can do with my limited GS-fu?" Etc. :D

Today (well, this week) in the hobby I used some resin bits for the first time ever as part of a new project (bionic bits from Anvil Industries for a IH Successor squad).

I'll be spending all my wages on Forge World goodies in no time!

How are the anvil industries bits? I hear nothing but good about them. They only look... decent in the pics on their site though. Are they up to GW standard? FW standard? Better? Somewhere in between? Maybe not quite as good but "good enough and a damn sight better than I can do with my limited GS-fu?" Etc. :biggrin.:

Anvil Industries stuff is easily on par (and in some cases) a notch above Forge World. Faster shipping, cleaner casts, and a whole lot of imaginative upgrade parts. Also about half the cost. I have yet to get a miscast or bent item from Anvil. I can't say the same for Forge World.

OK, maybe I'll have to order some bionic bits then. It sounds good, but then I go look at the pics and they just look far less detailed. But I've been surprised before - the maxmini pelts I ordered were even better than in the pics.

Anyway, thread hijack over!

Today I the hobby I finally got hold of a Sergant Centerious Model that I've been after for literally years! I'm so excited I could burst.

Also my anvil bits arrived and allowed me to make my forge world bolters much more suited to my MK III Sternguard.

Today in the hobby I saw an old school metal Ravenwing landspeeder for the first time and was given it by a friend who doesn't play anymore.

Was looking at it thinking "for a model with such a reputation as a pain to assemble, he's done a good job assembling this", when it literally fell to pieces in my hands.

Will be spending some time pinning and superglueing tonight I think.

Edited by Aegnor

How are the anvil industries bits? I hear nothing but good about them. They only look... decent in the pics on their site though. Are they up to GW standard? FW standard? Better? Somewhere in between? Maybe not quite as good but "good enough and a damn sight better than I can do with my limited GS-fu?" Etc. :biggrin.:

Sincere apologies skeletoro, I didn't look back at this post! Quality is excellent and delivery was insanely fast, ordered first thing in the morning and it was dispatched same day, arrived the next morning!!! (In UK that is, but still very impressive)

Today, I spent $90 on shoulder pads for my upcoming Alpha Legion warband. And I don't really care that I spent so much...I'm actually rather excited...Is this how the downward spiral to Damnation starts?

Yes.

Today in the hobby I trimmed mold lines.  As I did yesterday.  And the day before that.  And before that.  I really don't want to do this anymore. :(

But it's almost over.  Just 9 more wretched backpacks and, oh, about 30 freaking arms to go :verymad:

Last night in the hobby I...

Cleaned 1 1/2 squads of marines, 5 Bikes and 1 1/2 squads of IG off my painting desk and back into cases.  I then proceded to paint bike tires.  but hey, it was progress

Edited by Brother dean

Ok, the other day in my hobby I.......

Finally got around to beginning the paint job on my Ravenwing Command Squad. Beautiful models, CBA painting them.

Now all I need to do is paint the 20 Deathwing Terminators, 5 Deathwing Knights, Belial, 2 Ravenwing Attack Squadrons AND the Chapter Banner bearer that are sitting on my kitchen table. Damn.

...I finally finished a damn RT Vindicator I started almost 2 1/2 years ago. It came to me as a poorly painted wreck, was stripped and rebuilt, broke during a move, rebuilt, broke again, moved again, broke AGAIN. I almost gave up on it.

I'm not proud of the rebuild. I'm proud that I kept my temper in check after the third rebuild.

Today in the hobby (well it was actually late last night but i couldnt type) I managed to cut myself pretty badly removing a shoulder pad from a Terminator arm, so I could fit a nice Forge World one

Was using a needle file to prize it off, and slipped, and went INTO my finger by about an inch, just above the knuckle, leaving a gnarly hole, and enough blood to please Khorne - there's a picture of it on my Twitter (link is on my sig for all you curious gore lovers)

Much swearing was done - Ouch

Edited by Cyrox

today in the Hobby, I got my 15th convert! Another nerd joins the fold!

For The Allfather, for Russ, Vlyka Fenryka!

actualy, he started a Blood Angels army, but still :tongue.:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnd nr 16.

Today in the hobby...

I played my second ever 6th edition game at my LGW. Actually, second game in about 20 years!! 750 points Aurora Chapter Vs Ultramarines. Ended in a draw but was massive amounts of fun!! 

Thought i'd stop lurking and post for once since i'm actually doing something with my hobby :yes:

Hey Cyrox i'll PM you mate

Today in the hobby (well it was actually late last night but i couldnt type) I managed to cut myself pretty badly removing a shoulder pad from a Terminator arm, so I could fit a nice Forge World one

Was using a needle file to prize it off, and slipped, and went INTO my finger by about an inch, just above the knuckle, leaving a gnarly hole, and enough blood to please Khorne - there's a picture of it on my Twitter (link is on my sig for all you curious gore lovers)

Much swearing was done - Ouch

Meh, I've seen worse.

Not done to me, of course.  I'm not a clumsy fool... :biggrin.:

Well actually there have been one or two times when I dropped the exacto knife and only by the grace of Harvey the Wonder Hamster did it not land point down in my foot or...erm, lap.  

And once when I was little I got superglue squirted in my eye by a dreadnought I was trying to put together.  Holy hell was that scary!!!  No permanent damage done though, somehow :smile.:

Anyway, today in the hobby...I trimmed mold lines.  Make it stop!!!

Edited by Firepower

Today in the hobby, I revised my ideas for jungle fighting - a sort of mini-expansion based on the rules from the Catachan codex. I think I've got them mostly figured out.

Today in the hobby I am down to my last final in school. I now intend to make a 2k point list so I have a guideline on what to paint.

I have also looked up Imperial Fists successors. Think it would be cool to have a tact squad of Successor chapters in my army. Plus it gives me an excuse to take a break from kantor blue without getting sidetracked.

Damn you WHFB armies and your not doneness

Today in the hobby I (re)built my first, and I'd say my last, 2nd edition metal Ravenwing landspeeder. It was my brother's and he doesn't play anymore. At the time they were the only landspeeders to get assault cannons. They're a mongrel of a kit and this one had fallen to pieces when I was careless enough to have picked it up.

Rebuild involved scraping off all the dried superglue, putting in 7 pins to hold it together, and drilling out the flight stand hole underneath because the peg had snapped off on it.

It's slightly wonky, but is back in one piece and should hopefully survive someone looking sideways at it now.

Apologies for the poor photographs, but here it is. Need to find a spare arm for the pilot and then give it a paint, hopefully without it smashing again.

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y484/Vulkan2013/20130510_144050_zps529ef8ff.jpg

http://i1277.photobucket.com/albums/y484/Vulkan2013/20130510_144108_zpsef6d091c.jpg

Edited by Aegnor