Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I airbrush-primed 17 marines and bases and finished clean up in 3 hours flat!  Happy dance!!! :happy.:

That would have taken me ages to do with a spray can :P

The Broken Arrows project launches at last :D

Today in the hobby marks me making a start on creating my sixth (seventh if you count the fluff I've created for my version of the Rainbow Warriors) DIY army. Unlike the others, I may actually have hit upon a decent idea from the get go :happy.: Edited by Aquilanus

What's a push block?

A block that you push against.

Pedantics aside, you sometimes see them on really heavy equipment designed for conditions that they might not have enough power/traction for. Two or three highway tractors dragging the massive SAGD vessel up the ice road hill might not have enough jam, so they mount some push blocks on the back end of the whole rig so some more tractors with dead loads on the back can, well, help push.

It's part of why you sometimes see "Do Not Push" on the backs of dump trucks. Some such trucks have the blocks and reinforced frames that when they get struck the cat skinner can push them out of the hole and get them unstuck. Trucks that say not to push aren't so equipped.

With the push blocks on the back of the siege-shield equipped vindicator I can use the dozer blade on the rhino to help push it through some slippery ground. At best it'll let me justify more earthworks and fortifications if my Iron Warriors ever get involved in a narrative campaign.

Today in the hobby I prepared my new ageis defence line for painting tomorrow, got some custom made sternguards ready too and took a large chunk out of my finger with a hobby scalpel... FML

Today in the hobby I managed to paint a passably American Indian (Native American?  I can't keep track of pc talk) skin tone on the 4 bare heads of my WIP Broken Arrows.  It was shockingly hard to do, and the one that turned out really well was such a make-it-up-as-I-go process that I couldn't replicate it :P

• 2 weeks later...

Todya as part of my vow, I finished my two 5 man assault squads, just have to add grenades and base coat. I also put a Librarian in Dettol to remove an old paint job for him to arise anew as a blood angel. A vet of the Mdusa 5 campaign no less!