Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the hobby I finally finished base coating the 15 Marines that make up a large chunk of my ETL vow, and concluded that I have indeed found a way to properly thin my paints for airbrushing at long last!

I now have 15 dark chocolate marines in a million pinned pieces and a very big smile on my face :D

A couple of comments before we get to me.  Are those old metal speeders really that hard to assemble?  I got one back when it was the hot new deal replacing the old open front one (that Guard also had, shame they lost access to them), glued it together, painted it badly, and only have ever had the lousy plastic stalk break on me.  Maybe I just found my one special talent and discovered it to be both esoteric in the extreme and now OOP.  Also, I love working with chemicals and dangerous hazmat stuff.  Playing with fiberglass, melting plastics, utilizing chemical reactions, and just generally harnessing the power of SCIENCE! have all been part of my life.  I mean couldn't paint rust with acrylics so instead I just apply real rust to my models by mixing vinegar and bleach in a container with some steel wool and letting it run its course so I now have liquid rust I can just paint on my models.  I say to those who fear it to read up and do your research, then dive right in.  The best way to learn with by hitting the ground running!

http://s8.postimg.org/92zlr8nhx/Rust.jpg

Anyway...

Today in the hobby, I finally removed what remained of the fingerprint on my right thumb after well more than 20 years of inadvertently working on it with a razor.  I suppose cleaning 50 something metal models in a single sitting will do that, who knew? 

Today in the hobby I.....well, I have decided to return. After a hiatus of about 18 months I decided it was about time to rejoin the ranks of the glorious God Emperor!!

I dug out some of the projects I had been working on (Imperator, how do I have so many unopened boxes of chuffing marines in the house?????) and started to finish the paint job on my Lt. Commander Narvaez ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Today in the hobby I worked on someone else's army. My own army isn't even finished yet, how did I get roped into this?!

Ah well, I've always prefered the modelling over the painting anyway, and I stare at my army that needs hazard stripes on about 100 guy's weapons and just say "Not today". I've been saying that for 6 months now. And those cultists, I can't decide what colours I want on them, it's infuriating. And God, the bases, 150 bloody bases! At least with the bases I have the excuse of not having the materials I need, but that excuse is also 6 months old.

Anyway, back to making Dark Angels, 2 more squads and I'm done. I hope.

began to collect electronics to make things go bang...

Waits for the FBI to read his /\ mail..

Primed 6 Ravenwing knights bikes, sanded the bases and started constructing the riders.

Edited by Brother dean

I'm British, bring em on :)

And for the British authorities who are currently engaged in covert surveillance on their own people I shall say that I have today revieved my glowplug to ignite flash cotton for my working vidicator cannon :) not illegal in the slightest :) 

I'm British, bring em on :)

And for the British authorities who are currently engaged in covert surveillance on their own people I shall say that I have today revieved my glowplug to ignite flash cotton for my working vidicator cannon :) not illegal in the slightest :)

Please say you are going to post a video of it!

I watched 65,000 points of my armies , terrain, and modelling equipment get packed for a move... safe journey thru the Warp.

Woof...good luck with that!  I get nervous just packing up an army to go to the LGS!

Today in the hobby, I got thiiiiiiiiis close to finishing the final stage of highlights, before running out of thinner.  I won't be able to get my hands on more for nearly a week, minimum :(

I could've had it tomorrow, but failed to realize how low I was when I placed an order for more paint :verymad:

I'm British, bring em on :smile.:

And for the British authorities who are currently engaged in covert surveillance on their own people I shall say that I have today revieved my glowplug to ignite flash cotton for my working vidicator cannon :smile.: not illegal in the slightest :smile.:

Please say you are going to post a video of it!

When I've actually built the thing, hell yeah :)

...I finally got this beast of a Dread ready for paint:

gallery_37532_5399_580410.png

Parts:

Torso, shin plates and groin: AoBR Dread, Storm Bolter added

Legs and CCW arm: Pewter Ven Dread, cut and repositioned at the hips, knees, shins, and feet. Arm was stripped down to the basics, SB removed, gap filled in on forearm. Shins were completely rebuilt with paper clips. :wacko.:

Torso plates: Plastic Ven Dread Caskets, cut and puttied until they fit.

Right arm and left shoulder: FW parts

Chains: Chaos Lord on Manticore cloak

Base: 25th Anniversery Crimson Fist base.