Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Welcome to the B&C, Ultra.  You should throw up your army over in the WIP/Hall of Honor, while you're at it :wink:

Today in the hobby, I got a fresh bottle of vallejo thinner in the mail. I poured it in my airbrush cup, puzzled as to why it was clear when my last bottle was milky white, and then poured in the paint after it. With the same ratio I used with my last bottle, the mixture was as thin as water. I poured in more paint, still too thin. The cup was nearly overflowing by the time it was a good consistency. It was only then that I saw "New Formula" in red letters on the label :teehee:

Love it :smile.: It takes barely 1/3 as much thinner to do the same job as the old stuff, and came in a significantly bigger bottle!

Edited by Firepower

I finished a Librarian on a bike and 3 Ravenwing bikers, meaning I now, finally have 2 full Ravenwing Attack Squadrons, Sammael, and a Chaplain and Libby on bikes..... all painted! :smile.:

Better than me, I only have 9 bikes and the supa speeda done with 10 bikes and 3 speeders to go

I'm a fleshtearer and crimson hunter (DIY space marine) collector. Can someone please tell me why I've spent the last day painting up figures for an army of The Purge?! Not only that, why the :cuss is Trazyn the Infinite allying with them?!? Is that even legal? And why do I have my own DA successors under consideration as well? Edited by Bryan Blaire
It is a violation of B&C rules to dodge the swear filter by replacing letters with symbols.

I finished a Librarian on a bike and 3 Ravenwing bikers, meaning I now, finally have 2 full Ravenwing Attack Squadrons, Sammael, and a Chaplain and Libby on bikes..... all painted! :smile.:

Better than me, I only have 9 bikes and the supa speeda done with 10 bikes and 3 speeders to go

I painted 9 bikes, 2 speeders, 3 attack bikes and a Chaplain on a bike last year.....and then sat looking at Sammael, 3 more bikes and a bike libby conversion for 6 months.....eventually my procrastination gave way :smile.:

This week in the hobby I:

-Got the vehicle dice set that came with 6th ed. It's very, very pretty.

-Initiated a clear out that dug up €912(so far, there's at least one more Russ and Guard squad somewhere) in models, and some NIB Rogue Trader Rough Riders too, to trade in to the LGS for stuff for Apocalypse.

-Realised my ETL vow is screwed for reasons that will be clear shortly

-Started my Ultramarines project. Which will end only when I have the whole damn chapter. So far, it's Sicarius. By himself

-Started a massive Chaos project featuring at least five different warbands, a traitor PDF army, and Daemons

-And started armies for 2nd. Edition Eldar, Catachans, Marines and Chaos.

I think this will take a while..........

Today in the hobby, I blu-tacked together the final parts for my awesome, gorgeous, magnetised, half-plastic half-resin Blood Angels Captain with six weapon configurations, who will probably never be used in anger. :ermm:

Today in the hobby I assembled and painted from scratch two units a Chaplain on Cold one (counts as bike) and an Assault squad. In that time I also kitbashed my first objective marker - a Teleport homer, finished a Devastator squad (three models and non ETL) and given every model the distinctive helmet strip to thirty five models. In around 8 hours. I ache all over, but it means that I have a functioning force to try out over the weekend :happy.:

I just need to be able to learn enough/get a grasp of the rules before then, so I don't look like a total tit over the weekend :blink.:

I got 3 bfg imperial cruisers half painted even though I am supposed to be concentrating on imperial guard, I have no will power!

In other news also made a conscious decision to try to increase my number of regular opponents from 1 to more than 1 :)

Anyone from Northamptonshire :)

Today I began work on my Chaos killteam. The first step to rebuilding the Morbid Progeny (my DIY Renegades) as they were all tragically conscripted into the Iron Warriors when the Red Corsairs stole my colour scheme. The scheme has been re-thought, and is close enough to the original that I'm happy with it, and still different enough from Huron's crew to avoid any confusion. Another reason they got repainted is that the marines of the Mordbid Progeny are heavily mutated, and prior to the release of the plastic possessed kit, I had no real way to represent them the way I really wanted to. Now, with the new Chosen and Raptors, I can make a small force with enough gribbly warp-bits and mutations to satisfy me.

What I've done so far for the killteam is the 17 Beastmen (cultists) that will make up the bulk of the team. They will be led by 3 Terminators, representing the few surviving Progeny still to wear their colours proudly. It will be their task to recruit new renegades to resume their 5,000 year campaign against the Imperium (they're a 13th Founding Chapter). These guys are going to be the real challenge as I'll be starting with Grey Knights as the base, and sculpting most of the details myself. So far I only have a few ideas for them, but the champion with going to have a giant eyeball in place of his head, and a gaping maw on his chest. Another will probably have his helmet modelled as an open mouth, with a pair of big tusks and several small eyes within the mouth itself.

Well, back to work, this warband is going to recruit itself.

Today I completed a marine with a rocket launcher and one with a plasma gun. This finishes my third tactical squad.

I finished a dreadnaught with four arm options.

I also continued work on five predators.

Today (well, yesterday), I participated in an 8 army battle - 4 Imperial, 4 Xenos at Warhammer World (Ultrameet 2013 :happy.: ). It didn't get finished as we'd run out of time (end of turn two/start of turn three and what we had played took around 3-4 hours, so you can guess it was quite a big match! :happy.: ), but much carnage and fun was had :happy.:

Also, I succumbed and got a Razorback. It was that or completely go off the rails and get a Contemptor Dreadnought (it was close.....very close! :laugh.: )

Today in the hobby I miiiight have ruined 17 or so pairs of shoulder pads with a sloppy attempt at sponging on battle damage. :ermm:  

I can't be sure until it's all done getting washed and put together, though.  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed :sweat:

Edited by Firepower

Today in the hobby I converted ccw scouts to snipers, I added scratched built "guillie" suits and pinned paper to plastic! And made a shotgun into a sniper Rifle which looks just like the USMC M40 A3 (all new to me) Edited by Battle8rother