Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today I reorganized my gaming and painting space and sorted my pile of shame into manageable tasks; I'm on a building, priming, organizing phase. I've been meaning to step up my game.

I can't buy paint right now... at least not conveniently, so building and priming is my jam. I'm going to get serious about this hobby; I've been in the collecting planning stage for so long that I've got to make a quantum leap forward.

On the table right now awaiting assembly: DE Haemonculus, Greyfax, 4 finecast Death Cult Assassins, Espern Locarno, Astropath, and most of the Sisters collector box. The plan is to post here daily, which means doing something every single day, no matter how small. 

By the time this damn quarantine ends, I'm going to have 4 serious armies on the go- Sisters, GSC, Chaos, and DE. If I can get it all built and primed in 14 days, I'll buy painting supplies and hit phase 2.

Today I reorganized my gaming and painting space and sorted my pile of shame into manageable tasks; I'm on a building, priming, organizing phase. I've been meaning to step up my game.

I can't buy paint right now... at least not conveniently, so building and priming is my jam. I'm going to get serious about this hobby; I've been in the collecting planning stage for so long that I've got to make a quantum leap forward.

On the table right now awaiting assembly: DE Haemonculus, Greyfax, 4 finecast Death Cult Assassins, Espern Locarno, Astropath, and most of the Sisters collector box. The plan is to post here daily, which means doing something every single day, no matter how small. 

By the time this damn quarantine ends, I'm going to have 4 serious armies on the go- Sisters, GSC, Chaos, and DE. If I can get it all built and primed in 14 days, I'll buy painting supplies and hit phase 2.

Preach, lad. I've got some Orks waiting for paint, and some Thousand Sons in the stripping slime ready to go. I'll have like 9 total armies ready to field by the time quarantine ends.

TITH I finished my new Iron Priest. I usually run a fairly mechanised army and often bring Bjorn so I am sure there will be worthwhile things for this guy to patch-up.

med_gallery_82363_15236_253767.jpgmed_gallery_82363_15236_702016.jpg

You got a big long WIP thread I can bookmark for thievery inspiration?

By all means, help yourself. :smile.: Trying to find the silver lining for being stuck indoors, at least I can diminish my UFO pile.

TITH it dawned on me that finding kits right now is kind of what I imagine it's like hunting rare Pokemon. So far I've found a Theta-7 Acquisitus kill team boxed set and a Necromunda Enforcers set for a great price after hours of hunting around indie stores. More importantly it's alllowed me to support those stores doing their best to stay afloat right now during these troubling times and made me appreciate the great deals some of them offer.

Awesome work mate, those wings look really nice.

Cheers bud! To be honest...it’s just Khorne Red multi-coats then washed Agrax ..... bit old school for tabletop use! Getting back into a groove with the old BL!

working on my ghaz

EUPVyiV.jpg

....now....I normally detest non Goth Ghaz....but daaaaammmmmmn brother that’s sone hot hobby right there! Love it!

Dave

Edited by battle captain corpus

Well, third day in a row I've made progress.

Today I primed 4 metal SoB- two storm bolters, a heavy bolter and a flamer. 

I also primed my regimental advisors.

But these are the ones I want to show you:

Hybrids And Magi

That's two metal hybrids- the one on the right, to this day is one of my favorite models in the range- and two of the three different metal magi sculpts I own.

But here is the bomb, the heavy weight champion of my collection:

Throned Patriarch

In this photo, the back of the throne is missing; I do have the original piece, but I ran out of time and had to shoot the parts that I had manged to dig out of the bits box. I won this sucker in an ebay auction back in the early 00's- still can't believe my good fortune.

Anyway, the thing I'm most proud of is actually going through the motions of taking the photos, uploading it to the gallery and getting it posted. In addition to this post, I also finally got around to posting the pics of my DE and wych cult arena here:

I’ve actually been trying to do a magnet and pin for exactly that reason - bits falling off or moving too much, but aren’t necessarily large enough for a bigger magnet, plus it helps keep the bits in place on the model. I just use small sections of paperclip - that seems to be enough to help stabilize things.