Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I found a surprisingly good deal on a new copy of Burning of Prospero. So, despite my better judgment, I bought it.

Should be here sometime in the next week or so. My Dark Angels and Iron Warriors just got a nice model injection :laugh.:

Update: Got an even better deal on the Betrayal at Calth boxset too. Roughly the same delivery window as well.

So now my Dark Angels will be good for basic Firstborn troops :laugh.:

Definitely jealous. Those things seem to be as rare as hen's teeth!

TITH I ported over the 4th Edition Black Templars army rules to 8th Edition. If you interested, you can download them here. :)

As part of the same Black Templar effort, I unpacked my boys in black and am figuring out how to update and expand them.

TITH I found a surprisingly good deal on a new copy of Burning of Prospero. So, despite my better judgment, I bought it.

Should be here sometime in the next week or so. My Dark Angels and Iron Warriors just got a nice model injection :laugh.:

Update: Got an even better deal on the Betrayal at Calth boxset too. Roughly the same delivery window as well.

So now my Dark Angels will be good for basic Firstborn troops :laugh.:

Definitely jealous. Those things seem to be as rare as hen's teeth!

I've been trawling through Amazon for any halfway decent deals. So when I saw those I snapped them up as soon as I could.

Yes, they were more expensive than their original selling price. Do I care? No, because it was still cheaper than buying the contents of the box separately :lol:

TITHI finished my squad of Chaos Terminators. No pics yet, but hopefully I should be able to take some to chuck up in my thread tomorrow! :smile.:

Now I've just got to dive into my pile of shame to figure out what I'm painting next....

TITH I've doing little bits here and there on my Simulacrum Imperialis in coffee breaks this morning to finish her off - now just the Superior to go, then hopefully there'll be some nice fancy photos of my first ten members of the Order of the Iron Veil (plus their creepy vat-grown cherub hangers on).

Otherwise, I'm feeling a bit better about the lockdown - I've managed to get hold of some Repentia and a Canoness, plus have some Retributors inbound, so by the time they're all assembled I'll have 23 models to paint.

Today in the hobby as I sat down to contemplate potentially starting to paint my ten battle sisters for the Iron Gauntlet, I managed to spill 2/3rds of a pot of Biel-tan green wash all over the living room carpet. :cry:

Luckily the carpet is a darker green than the wash, so it's not really showing up. :laugh.:

...On the other hand, it's not really showing up and I keep finding patches with my bare feet that I haven't cleaned yet. :wallbash:

Finished assembling and priming my Sister's of Battle Basilicum. I added some additional flooring to be able to fit 10 Sisters on the middle level.

Today in the hobby as I sat down to contemplate potentially starting to paint my ten battle sisters for the Iron Gauntlet, I managed to spill 2/3rds of a pot of Biel-tan green wash all over the living room carpet. :cry:

Luckily the carpet is a darker green than the wash, so it's not really showing up. :laugh.:

...On the other hand, it's not really showing up and I keep finding patches with my bare feet that I haven't cleaned yet. :wallbash:

That's a new one - I usually spill the common washes, Agrax and Nuln. Weird hearing one of the tinted, situational washes get spilled.

Speaking of... actually, is Biel-Tan Green any good? I probably wouldn't use it much aside from the occasional green energy effect, but I'm curious.

That's a new one - I usually spill the common washes, Agrax and Nuln. Weird hearing one of the tinted, situational washes get spilled.

Speaking of... actually, is Biel-Tan Green any good? I probably wouldn't use it much aside from the occasional green energy effect, but I'm curious.

I paint a lot of bright green (over the whole model collection), so I'd probably get lots of use out of it... if it wasn't dynamically tinting my living room carpet in select places. :sweat:

The censer on top of the marine on the right is Biel-tan green over white, to give you an idea of how it looks; it's the first (and so far only) thing I've had chance to paint with it, so can't speak for how it looks on green properly yet.

gallery_46204_9220_65676.jpg

Once I get started on my sisters I'll be able to show it off a bit better. :happy.:

I paint a lot of bright green (over the whole model collection), so I'd probably get lots of use out of it... if it wasn't dynamically tinting my living room carpet in select places. :sweat:

The censer on top of the marine on the right is Biel-tan green over white, to give you an idea of how it looks; it's the first (and so far only) thing I've had chance to paint with it, so can't speak for how it looks on green properly yet.

gallery_46204_9220_65676.jpg

Once I get started on my sisters I'll be able to show it off a bit better. :happy.:

Thank you, and - those Plague Marines look sufficiently nasty, well done. I like the purple plasma coils.

TITH I had a couple guys in the med-bay to fix their awful ugly sunburnt faces, by giving them a head transplant and some fresh paint.

Plastic Surgery

Also cured a couple of nagging issues regarding WYSWYG, and a pair of foolhardy Marines who were lacking helmets.

TITHI Resisted the lure of the xenos, mostly finished the conquest repulsor, decided i'm gonna get a pair of impulsors and a repulsor executioner, gave my nephew the old sm codex so he can try making some lists.

YITHI Painted more terrain, a land speeder storm from my pile of shame, did a head swap and some gs work on my khornate daemon prince using a spare bloodthirster head with a gs'ed neck and throat (works ok, a little large but not too bad), some detailing work on a skull cannon and a wraith knight in Ulthwé colours

Also running out of chaos black and bleached bone:verymad::facepalm: 

TITH I got all the gates removed from my Xiphon and thoroughly scrubbed it down with a soapy tooth brush after letting it soak all night. It's currently drying and will probably stay that way until my next painting project is done.

TITH I salvaged 10 kilograms of sprues for still useful parts and dumped the rest. Spring cleanup hooray!

YITH I organized my backlog. Rediscovered the HH stuff I had 'lost' about half a year ago. Apparently, past me thought it to be an excellent idea to cram half an army into the Kill Team starter box and forget about it.

Today in the Hobby, I started work on my first ever Daemon model as a painting experiment. No real cleanup, nothing special, but figured I had to at least toy around and have some fun. Still a lot to go but it's a fun little start to a journey..

gallery_107230_14721_80967.jpg

Vykes, that looks amazing. The skin tone transition from light to dark is really well executed and still looks like skin. I feel if I had attempted a similar model it would have just looked purple. I suppose it works because it's mostly off-white? I still find it kinda tricky to break down other people's work to figure out how they painted something.

Oh, and YiTHI got a long phone call from an old friend that wants to play a game of 40k with me when the lockdown is over. I'm going to have to potter around finding where the most recent Adeptus Mechanicus rules and point values are and work out an army list.

Edited by Magos Takatus

TITH I salvaged 10 kilograms of sprues for still useful parts and dumped the rest. Spring cleanup hooray!

I'll be doing that shortly, organising parts into various types (arm sets, CCWs, pouches etc) in a bits box, saves on space and makes it quicker when trying to assemble something as you don't have to go sprue hunting.

TITHI had the limited Cataphractii Praetor with Thunder Hammer and Combi-Choom turn up. No plans for him in my Sixth Legion force yet (funnily enough I do need the Praetor Tribune as a base for my Praetor) but I do love the model so thought to pick one up at a reasonable price.

Vykes, that looks amazing. The skin tone transition from light to dark is really well executed and still looks like skin. I feel if I had attempted a similar model it would have just looked purple. I suppose it works because it's mostly off-white? I still find it kinda tricky to break down other people's work to figure out how they painted something.

Oh, and YiTHI got a long phone call from an old friend that wants to play a game of 40k with me when the lockdown is over. I'm going to have to potter around finding where the most recent Adeptus Mechanicus rules and point values are and work out an army list.

Ah thanks a ton Magos Takatus, mate!  Aye, I haven't had to do that much skin with the 'daemonic' pallor.  It started with a violet and I just kept adding an 'off white' (vallejo silver grey which is a warmer eggshell tone) to the mix.  Near to the end, I counter-shaded some of the recesses from below with a touch of purple and then lined the skin recesses with some brown and purple oil paint before adding some freckles using the same mixture.  Then it was just a bit of the brightest white mixture on the the shoulders to blend in any of the freckles after they're dry.  

It sounds like a lot, but I did it in maybe an hour just adding to the mix through an airbrush until the top layer which was brushed on.