Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI...

... found the last pot of Nuln Oil in Hampshire. :biggrin.:

I had a vision which I can only assume was a psychic warning from the emperor himself. The last weekend before lockdown, I went out and bought a pot each of Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade.

Who needs toilet paper. I know where my priorities lie.

Glued together:

1 Ultramarine Lieutenant

1 Devastator Cherub

1 Kitbashed Heavy Bolter Tactical Marine

Cut off their bases for rebasing and painting:

11 Iron Warrior Havocs

5 Ultramarine Sternguard

Tomorrow I have to rebuild 8 of the Havocs from bits that didn't stick together in disassembly ...

Yay double post. Thread's slow today, where the lads at?

Yesterday/today in the hobby, I started work on a rescue Helturkey and a good handful of secondhand and rescue models, including 5 Terminators to be converted into Meganobz, 25 Chaos Cultists, 8 Rubric Marines and a Finecast Ahriman for a new Thousand Sons army. I'm also gonna grab my metal Sorcerer and repaint him to go with the Cultists and Ahriman. Helchicken's going to my Death Guard. The Helbuzzard's also missing his legs - I took two rescues and made one, and neither of them had suitable legs - so I'm thinking of using the cutters off of a Maulerfiend to give him downward-facing flamers. The Termienobz, Cultists, Rubrics and Ahriman are all in the purple soup - generic bottle of lavender-scented cleaner, the models and gunk are currently sitting in a glass bowl on my shelf - and the Helvulture's sitting right in front of me right now.

The story with the bird's actually kind of interesting - he's never had an owner that was decent at the hobby and wanted to refurbish him. His first owner assembled him wrong - upside-down wing, messed-up body, completely incompetent leg assembly. He was given to my FLGS along with the Ahriman, 20 of the Cultists, the Rubrics, the Terminators, my Chosen, my Typhus, my metal Sorcerer and Chaos Lord and some of my Plague Marines. The manager (not owner, manager) tried to repair him a bit and flipped his wing over to fix it, but it still needed work. He was given, along with the Rubrics, Terminators, Sorcerer and Lord, to my younger brother - I bought up the Rubrics, Termies and both busted-up Helchickens, the Termies and the Rubrics from him just yesterday. He gifted me the Lord for Christmas, and the Sorcerer... I don't remember how I ended up with it, but I think I traded for it. I bought the Ahriman, Chosen, Plague Marines and Cultists off of my FLGS, and was given the Typhus as a gift in the middle of a game with my first Death Guard army.

Edit: Right, so I didn't realize Helpheasants couldn't be taken by Death Guard. Thousand Sons can take both Helpuffins and Maulerfiends, so I guess I'm loading up on Daemon Engines.

Another edit: I've calculated it, after the Kelermorph arrives (I'm ordering him shortly) and everything's all painted, I'll have 8,592 points of 40k models. Note that most of that is already painted and finished. I thought I had a small collection. Can I get a frame of reference?

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

Today is my first day working from home/not really needing to work

So naturally the wife had some plans for me, like cleaning out the garage since I just threw loads of stuff in there when we moved last year.

So today in the hobby, I’ve cleaned the garage out, set up a hobby station at the back of the garage, with shelves for books and KR Multicase storage boxes and I got 11 Death Guard a coat of Skeleton Horde contrast.

And should be able to finish the remainder of the power armoured Death Guard up with skeleton horde tomorrow (On the chaos side at least...)

TITHI played a bit more of the Legions card game on my phone and finally got a SW Warlord (Geigor, not my first choice but I'll take it) twice in the same crate...

Frustratingly enough my biggest successes so far are using Thousand Sons. Need more SW cards.

TITHI bought two Conquest issues with the ETB flamer Aggressors, build 5 of them and realised after the second model I'm two stupid for ETB since I clipped off the ETB pegs for the arms on the torso. However now that I've actually build them I'm confident in saying that Aggressors are my favourite Primaris infantry visually. Screw all the Gravis hater. ^^

TITHI bought two Conquest issues with the ETB flamer Aggressors, build 5 of them and realised after the second model I'm two stupid for ETB since I clipped off the ETB pegs for the arms on the torso. However now that I've actually build them I'm confident in saying that Aggressors are my favourite Primaris infantry visually. Screw all the Gravis hater. ^^

Aggressors also combine nicely with Terminator bits. I used those ETB Aggressors to kitbash me some visually distinct Grey Knight Brother-Captains and Librarians, so they stand out from regular Terminators or Paladins. GK Terminator arms fit perfectly on those Gravis armours!

TITH I finished painting a Warpsmith (converted from Feirros) and built body and legs of a Reaver Titan for AT. Now to add those magnets!

And TITHI got the remaining 40-odd Death Guard that have been primed covered in Skeleton Horde as a base for the armour.

Next step is getting the Militarum Green on the shoulder pads.

I’ve got the last of the DG stuff from Conquest to prime as well, so the two Chaos Spawn and the Tallyman. Both are assembled but they need priming before I can start throwing Contrast Paint about.

TITHI I started blocking in Plague Marine shoulder and knee pads in Militarum Green over the top of the Skeleton Horde I laid down over the last couple of days.

I haven’t really painted much for ages, and I’m really happy with how they’re looking so far.

Next up is applying some metallics on the metal trim and weapons I think, before moving onto the pustules, boils and general Nurgle gunk all over them.

TITH, my Kelermorph came earlier than expected. He is an excellent model and I had fun painting him. Big thanks to N1SB for the inspiration on the color scheme methods, and Midwinter Minis for the OSL technique. His name's Cedrix Garreth, and he is glorious.

KelerFront.png

KelerBack.png

Edited by Zephaniah Adriyen

TITH I found a surprisingly good deal on a new copy of Burning of Prospero. So, despite my better judgment, I bought it.

Should be here sometime in the next week or so. My Dark Angels and Iron Warriors just got a nice model injection :lol:

TITH I finished my the Armiger commission. Group shot below with their big brother that they were painted to match:

UQKCGGoh.jpg

More photos can be found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/339466-deployment-of-the-spectral-sicarii-homebrew-rg/?p=5508619

TITH I found a surprisingly good deal on a new copy of Burning of Prospero. So, despite my better judgment, I bought it.

Should be here sometime in the next week or so. My Dark Angels and Iron Warriors just got a nice model injection :laugh.:

Update: Got an even better deal on the Betrayal at Calth boxset too. Roughly the same delivery window as well.

So now my Dark Angels will be good for basic Firstborn troops :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas