Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Bought a lightbox on amazon and took some photos of the models that I have painted lately. My part of the Blackstone Fortress boxset that we split with friends.

QtXM63D.jpg

xuhk3wb.jpg

62xLgcD.jpg

xaLTfUe.jpg

Need to work on taking those photos though. Some areas are blurry.
Also, I find that models look better in-real-life. (Just like photos of my self now that I think of it... hmm)

TITH most of my Harlequin purchases turned up but one of the blokes forgot to send the 6 Skyweavers. I messaged him on Facebook and he’s posting them tomorrow. Also I bought a diamond pattern stencil but not sure I’m going to use it as it’s a stick on one and I’ve never used one before. Just waiting on 4 cans of black primer to turn up then I can get on with building a small army. 

TITHI finally finished assembling the first batch of five Warp Talons. In a first for me I've decided to build some of the sub assemblies up before I actually undercoat and paint them. Also been digging through my spare bits/assorted sprues and realised I have five spare Intercessors and six spare Reivers, and am struggling to decide whether to use them for my SM army, or to use them for an Iron Snakes kill team I started as a side project last year.

Also been assembling the Servants of the Abyss box I bought earlier this year, and I'm a bit puzzled by why some of the traitor guardsmen seem to be nearing the height of a Primaris marine. Still, nice sculpts, and the Negavolt cultists will work as some kind of servitors for the Blanchitsu tech-priest I posted a while back.

TITH I finished 5 Deathwatch veterans with Storm Bolters and Chainswords.

Time for another round of Backlog Bingo!

How this works: Put 20 unpainted minis/squads on a table. Roll a d20 to determine what to paint next. Paint it. If you hit a space you already finished, replace all painted slots with unpainted ones and roll again. Reward yourself with a new mini/squad each time you have to refill the table.

TITH my arm was twisted well and truly by a couple of club friends over discord to buy some knights. I really fancy chaos knights so I’ve bought the enhanced codex on iBooks and I did purchase a Canis Rex on eBay too. If I can find some chaos knights upgrades if they do them I’ll think a nice army could start here. 

TITH, I checked on my wet palette -and after about two weeks, all still good! Really pleased - this'll be very useful over the coming months. (Had a large one, and this is a new little portable palette!)

After weeks of trying to crack on with my truescale Heresy marines, I decided to take a wander through the Work In Progress subforum and look at a lot of the Necromunda/Inquisitor/Inquisimunda stuff there, and it is just inspiring. I ended up looking at creating a high-ranking Inquisitor, which would also allow me to make use of the Silent Sisters kit that was included with a copy of the Burning of Prospero. It's all very WiP, at the moment I'm still debating whether to just use stuff in the house only, or look at ordering in extra parts if needed. I've come up with three options for the character itself in posing, but I can't bring myself to commit to anyone of them yet.

inquisitor_wip_1a_by_lpjgpr_ddvnqoy-full

Might look at cutting the hand off this one in favour of something holding a scroll outwards, if I can find something appropriate.

inquisitor_wip_1b_by_lpjgpr_ddvnqqo-full

Really torn between this head for looking suitably fiery, or saving it for a Ministorum priest of some kind.

inquisitor_wip_2_by_lpjgpr_ddvnqqd-fullv
Edited by Viridia

TITH I bought an acquaintance's pile of shame. I now have a rather large tub full of Primaris infantry including last year's battleforce. There's also boxes of Custode Guardians, Wardens, Jetbikes, and Tempestus Scions. 

Currently about to move back home to Fort Collins with my parents as I get ready to go back to school, but I'm looking forward to building these and actually painting minis for once.

I could use some help on whether I do Blood Angels or Dark Angels now that I have 3 boxes each of their Intercessors, Hellblasters, and Aggressors. Then again I may just do both since it would be a darn shame to waste chapter specific shoulder pads these boxes come with.

Today in the hobby I received my Mini Vortex Mixer in the mail and have been rejuvenating my paints in preparation for starting my Salamanders in earnest. Also, I rediscovered a bunch of the 2012 Salamanders transfer sheets; most of them unopened but with those that are the white coloured transfers are near invisible despite being printed on light blue card. Is that normal, or have they expired?