Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI won this (with the sprues in perfect condition), and I am very pleased about it. K4qM6NN.jpgnzzt0oS.jpg

That is incredible! Plans to keep it prestine or build it?

Very much planning to use them!

I'm planning an urban Catachan force, starting with some of the old metal models I have lying around. There may be some Cadians mixed in (I'm working on the fluff), and I'm sure I could find a place for these guys. With 36 in the box plus some metal characters I'm hoping to source I could have 3x10 (metal sgts), plus command inc. standard and medic. Assuming that eBay is generous, of course!

Today in the hobby I finished the first five intercessors for some Angels of Redemption. I think I'll end up doing a combat patrol of them at least, should be fun to paint a few more of them.

MglcZNE.jpg

I'm planning an urban Catachan force, starting with some of the old metal models I have lying around. There may be some Cadians mixed in (I'm working on the fluff), and I'm sure I could find a place for these guys. With 36 in the box plus some metal characters I'm hoping to source I could have 3x10 (metal sgts), plus command inc. standard and medic. Assuming that eBay is generous, of course!

That era was juuust before my time so I have the WD nostalgia and the "you cant have it" feeling for it. I've got like 3 metals and an incomplete arm sprue I'n my scavenged oldhammer pile though. Someday ill just do a mini diorama with the classic Necromunda Spider theme

That era was juuust before my time so I have the WD nostalgia and the "you cant have it" feeling for it. I've got like 3 metals and an incomplete arm sprue I'n my scavenged oldhammer pile though. Someday ill just do a mini diorama with the classic Necromunda Spider theme

The plastics I've won (and the subsequent metal characters to support them) are before my time (the plastics came out the year I was born!), but the Catachans are the same ones I've had since being about 10 years old

TITH I got a touch closer to getting the Aggressors, Eradicators and apothecary complete. After watching the recent reveals, my resilience will be tested, but I pledge to not purchase any of the next wave of marines until I have completed this batch. 

40 complete

10 WIP

75 Remaining. 

sK6NtxF.jpg

yCfj8PS.jpg

chpFv8f.jpg

TITH I stripped and soaked 40 metal stormtroopers. They'd be sitting in "dip" for about a year (might've forgotten i had them...).

med_gallery_69131_9372_941160.jpg

Of the 40 there are 6 sergeants but only 2 special weapons (1 flamer/1 melta). I think the math works or for 2 10-man squads and 4 5-man squads. No if only my area would get some Chaos Black primer back in stock.

jTOaOkY.jpg

"And as he sat down his shield and gazed over the wartorn plains of Ybrik and up to the gaping Rift in the sky, he knew the Indomitus Crusade was over for them.

They had reached the border of Imperium Sanctum. They had brought freedom and hope back to countless besieged worlds under the Emperor's Light. But Imperium Nihilus was still out of reach, behind that veil... if there even was anything 'behind' the Rift."

So that's how far I got for now.

I will need to test some ideas for my new energy weapon style.

Dark frost!? ...or Obsidian blades?

And basing will be done once all are done...

Tith...

...My resolve was severely tested when my box of assembled sisters models fell off my tallest shelf in the office. I have spent most of the day assessing and fixing the damage.

Ive managed to hold off swearing if for no other reason than my wife is distance teaching her students

Edited by The_Chaplain

TITH I waged another battle in the war with my airbrush. The bloody thing keeps clogging as soon as it sees a drop of paint, and I can’t find the problem

I had that same problem recently trying to undercoat my Mega Dread. I spent pretty much an entire day and only got the body and leg partly painted. It was Vallejo primer in my case. It has worked better since then but I do feel your pain on that one.

TITH I painted a Thunder Hammer head. Upper left is where I started, the rest are where I finished (no good grid for just 3 pictures, lol)

hP0oxpQh.jpg

well, warrior hunter we are going to need a quick explanation of how you achieved that effect!

TITH I got 6 aggressors and 3 erradicators over the line 

49 complete

1 WIP

75 Remaining

r1OvB0p.jpg

S4HlRIh.jpg

TITH I painted a Thunder Hammer head. Upper left is where I started, the rest are where I finished (no good grid for just 3 pictures, lol)

well, warrior hunter we are going to need a quick explanation of how you achieved that effect!

The explanation might be quick but the process is not as quick :)

This skips my first failed attempt and will be how I do it next time starting fresh:

Prime black

Base coat with Vallejo Model Color Natural Steel (could probably use Leadbelcher)

Do a really bright highlight (off white in my case) on the hammer

Shade with Daler Rowney FW Purple ink

Put some DW FW White ink on your pallet and add a bit to your purple to lighten it up slightly - start stippling and adding 'scratches' to the hammer in an irregular and generally centered pattern. Rinse and repeat as many times as you want but as you get brighter keep the area more central to 'brighten' that up.

Once you hit the whitest you want to go reverse the process. Start adding purple back into the white to darken up the mix and start cleaning up and defining your 'power' area. This helps with blending and smoothing transitions. Rinse and repeat as many times as you want.

Once you get back to purple add DW FW Black ink to your pallet and mix in just a bit with purple - start stippling and 'scratching' along the edges of the hammer to darken up the outer edges. Add a few dots along the edge highlights to make it look inconsistent. Rinse and repeat until you're as dark as you want.

I stopped there, overall it was about 30 minutes for the whole head and probably 15ish blends of color gradients. It looks horrible at first but starts coming together at the end so trust the process and have fun!

The plastics I've won (and the subsequent metal characters to support them) are before my time (the plastics came out the year I was born!), but the Catachans are the same ones I've had since being about 10 years old there's loads of old stuff on eBay, just have to be patient and wait for the bargains. Or get trigger happy like I did and spend a fortune!

The other day on FB trade groups I pulled the trigger on a huge collection of old metal necromunda stuff, still not certain if I grossly overpaid or got a deal (just got in there ASAP as typically first in gets it)

TITH I waged another battle in the war with my airbrush. The bloody thing keeps clogging as soon as it sees a drop of paint, and I can’t find the problem

Aside from getting it all cleaned (should run thinner by itself with no sputtering, I even let it sit with thinner/Airbrush cleaner inside for an hour then come and spray it through) I also find adding thinner first then my diluted paint second helps paint from immediately clogging before i start blasting.

gallery_100761_16635_1016488.jpeg

Trying to paint more of these guys but I'm a bit slow. Need the spot washes to even out the look and various other colors

Edited by Syrakul