Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today in the Hobby, I realized that aside from getting them painted(Most likely via commission at this point), I'm pretty well done with my Primaris army. There's not much left from the Primaris range that really catches my eye, so, I am considering that project finished.

Now back aboard the Heresy train and focusing solely on my Word Bearers.

TITHI was a busy Daimyo-Phaeron!I messed around with my Battlefoam order some. Realized I made some small miscalculations on what models would fit where when I ordered one of the trays, but only a couple, and I managed to get about 90 percent of what I expected I could fit where I thought I could fit it.

I also did a layer of white on some of my scouts and a banner for my Venerable Dreadnought, and kitbashed together a heavy weapons team for my Guard force. I’ll likely glue that tomorrow, once I nail down the positioning I like.

Purchased two more packs of Word Bearer Mk.IV shoulder pads and heads. That should cover my remaining Mk.IV marines and have some left over.

I really wish FW still had the Mk.III WB shoulder pads. I found out that I have ten more Mk.III Marines to assemble and I've only got five shoulder pads remaining.:facepalm:

Today I have pulled out a load of random Marine bits from the alcohol bath and replaced with some second hand genestealers in advance of the A Bug's Life 2022 event.

DSC_2596.jpg

Not quite sure what I have here (part of an eBay job lot random purchase) but there's a Space Wolf and some Scout bits.

Today in the Hobby, I remembered that I'm not overly fond of assembling resin miniatures. Dug out my Gal Vorbak and figured I'd get them assembled. They've been cleaned twice now and still the glue just will not set.

EDIT: Lorgar went together much more easily, thankfully:

Lorgar Aurelian

Edited by Reldn

TITHI acquired a necron data card pack and then immediately played a game with it (my first game in months!) against BT.

So much easier remembering stratagems to use and my command protocols instead of flipping back and forth through my codex scanning every single page ever.

I still lost, but I did a lot better than my last game against that army. Highlight is a toss up between my Overlord failing two saves against Helbrecht’s 3D sword swing and spiking six 5+ FNP’s thanks to a crusade relic to take zero damage, (I then proceeded to also deal zero damage but them’s the dice) or a broken down squad of warriors and cryptothralls murdering a Jump Pack chappy with the Armor Indomitus 3+ invul up.

• 4 weeks later...

Man it feels good to be posting in this thread again :D 

TITHI managed to put another layer of paint on my Mechanicron warriors, and shaded five of them! Not a huge fan of just plain Fenrisian Grey but I love how it looks once it's been shaded with Drakenhof Nightshade. Hopefully going to do the other five tomorrow. 

C59EA222-589E-4275-99F1-96F6B834CE29.jpg4

Still plenty of detail work left to do, but they're starting to look similar to their already-built-and-painted comrades, so I'm quite happy with that :)

Also TITHI fixed my avatar, and found where my gallery was located. 

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

TITHI....welll, it was yesterday but still.

Played a 1500 game, Knights with Necrons vs Tau and Imperial Guard...and lost against them. Fought until the end!

And, I managed to play my first (introductive) game of Horus Heresy! I saw my Leman Russ on table for the first time!

Today in the hobby, I finally received my Heresy box...and it has left me in a bit of a quandary: The Praetors, Termies, Contemptor, and Spartan are all set for the XVIIth. However, I'm not sure what to do with the Beakies. They don't fit as well with my Mk.III & IV Word Bearers as I'd hoped. So, time to choose another legion!

TIL I started work on my Night Lords Legion (for 30k and 40k). A very long way to go (and waiting for GW to announce heads and shoulder pads so I can make some choices for the MkVI part of my force) but right now I'm chugging along through some resin.

aaK00LO.png

1z6nRej.png

Also I wish I bought more of these heads before FW stopped selling them. Perfect size for Firstborn models.

TITHI got an email that my MTO of Armour Through The Ages has shipped, which has made me a very happy Daimyo. 

i also put a minor layer of paint on some vehicle bits and bobs, on the principle of any forward progress is good progress.