=][= E Tenebrae Lux II =][=

interesting stats so far, looks like you'll have your work cut out for you captain semper.

@angelsabsolute yes you now ignore the june 15th cut off date. that date is the cut off point for new participants to the challenge. however, you can start a new vow as soon as you finish your current one. in other words yes you were right to ignore this limitation, as you're locked in now baby till the end (or when you finish your vow/s, whichever comes first) tongue.png

@ AngelsAbsolute: leinman got it right. Once you're in, you're in. You can breathe out now! laugh.png But remember, you can not start a new vow before you declare the previous one complete! msn-wink.gif

EDIT: and thanks for your kind comments! blush.png

Angels, the first vow has to be given before june 15th. Only given, not completed, but this is the way you say that you want to be in the competition. After that, you can complete, and make new vows after the first are completed, up to a maximum of 5 vows, all the way til the 15th of august. Just make sure you have it completed by then! :)

Hahahaha... The ETL and the weddings... Last year we had two, now this year you're the second one if I recall... :D

But c'mon, you don't need to go for the Titan, if you can squeeze in unit of Thallax that'll be awesome! I'm not helping, I know... :rolleyes:

a question: if i model a bunch of chaos termies with cyclone missile launchers and assault cannons(not on the same model, i'm saving that for my obliterators msn-wink.gif ) can i have them count-as reaper-autocannons in points for the sake of the ETL vow?

or should i just count them as normal termies with a combi-bolter?

I know the rules state legal codex entries only, so does that mean full units? I ask as I've got 4 out of 5 honour guard left to do and I'd like to include them as part of a vow if possible.

Edit: don't worry, I've knocked up another Honour Guard member anyway.

Weddings and the ETL? Well now that you mention it... I too take my official vows during ETL this year. The weekend after initial vows close no less. yes.gif Now if I can only talk the future wife into putting my LGS on the wedding registry... whistlingW.gif

Just wondering if it's ok to get my next vow assembled before I finish painting the 1st vow?  My back is a bit messed up and struggling to sit and paint at the moment to complete the 1st vow.  I can just about assemble stuff on and off.

Of course it is OK. All I need is for the minis to be unpainted (or in very early stages of painting) at the time you vow. If you have minis that are already assembled then that's fine. The ETL might be an opportunity to paint stuff you've put together aeons ago... :D

Of course it is OK. All I need is for the minis to be unpainted (or in very early stages of painting) at the time you vow. If you have minis that are already assembled then that's fine. The ETL might be an opportunity to paint stuff you've put together aeons ago... biggrin.png

They'll be stuff I've painted a long time ago very badly and now stripped. I'd love to be able to get them all done but some how I don't think I'll be painting up +10k points between now and 15th of August.

I might get as much of them assembled and undercoated black as possible and then see what happens.

=][= SECOND WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/ETL_2013_Poster_00.jpg

OVERVIEW

The second week is over. A fantastic performance, made more impressive when compared with last year’s equivalent figures… This is looking to be big guys – so prepare for an entertaining summer…

So far we have 244 participants that have pledged 224.5k pts between them. The average vow stands at 881pts and we already have some completions of 12.3k pts or a completion rate of 5.5%. This compares to the same period last year of 156 participants and 74.6k pts pledged. The average vow stood at 478pts. So just by looking at the figures one realised that the momentum that’s build up this year surpasses last year’s event on all counts! Let’s hope it lasts.

So far we have three distinct groups. The first group, that is currently leading, contains two factions with 45 participants each: the Dark Angels and the Codex Chapters. The have also the most points pledged but only marginally so. The second group comprises of three forums that all have between 30 and 35 participants and have pledged between 30k and 35k pts each. These are the BTs, the BAs and Chaos. Lastly the third group comprises of the SWs, Vive Imperium and Horus Heresy that have less than 30 participants. However SWs appear to be very dynamic lately, which means they might be joining the “above 30” group pretty soon!

E TENEBRAE LUX II – Week 2
Black Templars 31 31 33,848 0 0%
Blood Angels 32 32 30,040 0 0%
Dark Angels 45 52 36,438 3,886 10.7%
Codex Chapters 45 46 37,713 725 1.9%
Space Wolves 25 25 21,916 0 0%
Chaos Legios 35 38 34,894 2,111 6.0%
Vive Imperium 21 21 20,001 0 0%
Horus Heresy 10 10 9,736 0 0%

BLACK TEMPLARS

The Templars really made a good week, increasing their participants by a hefty 35% to a total of 31. Their total points pledged are standing up there with the more populous factions, the DAs and the Codex. However, to achieve that they have the highest average vow of the ETL (1,092pts), putting proportionally more strain to the individual participant. It may seem OK for now but this is a marathon, so do not lose focus Templars! This is still the time for recruitment…

BLOOD ANGELS

Another faction that had a good week, raising its participants by 33% to a total of 32. The average vow remains on the high side (939pts) but far from being the highest – or the second highest for that matter. They look in a very good shape and I sincerely hope they will increase their participants further in the two coming weeks. Sanguinius legacy MUST be preserved!

DARK ANGELS

The DAs added only 18% more participants this week reaching an impressive total of 45. The most encouraging sign (although it’s too early in the ETL yet) is some early completions and re-vows. That shows the DAs are well on the path of amplifying their strength – especially by keeping their average vow in the more manageable levels of 701pts. But as I said before, it’s still early on and THE most important thing still, is to get new recruits in – even if you’ve completed almost 10k pts so far!

CODEX CHAPTERS

Here we have some exceptional effort, mainly driven from the Index Astartes forum that seems determined to make the difference this year. Highest number of participants at par with the DAs (45), the highest amount of points pledged (37.7k) and an average vow well below the ETL average… They sure look in a very good shape to challenge the position of Primus Inter Pares. There some worrying signals though… Firstly although the IA Forum increased its participants by 14% (weaker than the DAs), the LA did not add a single participant, while the UMs added one. The second worrying characteristic is that, although the average vow is indeed at comfortable levels, there is a huge discrepancy between vows; some of the biggest vows in the game come from the IA forum which means an over-reliance to the performance of certain individuals… The two largest vows account for more than a quarter of the total points and the three largest vows account for a third of the total points. The answer to that is more recruits! Use the two remaining weeks until the doors close to new entrant to bring in as many of your brothers as possible! Thankfully you have right people for this job! msn-wink.gif

SPACE WOLVES

Yesssssss!!! The Sons of Fenris awake! With the highest recruitment rate among all factions (108%!!!) they are now catching up with the BT /BA group. With such momentum I believe they’ll be joining the more populous factions within the next week. This is what this stage of the ETL is all about – getting people involved; large vows can wait – there will be opportunities for that later… Right now the Wolves have an average vow almost spot on the average of the ETL giving then enough comfort for a high completion rate. We’ll see.

CHAOS LEGIOS

Chaos is also on a good path. They increased their ranks by a healthy 17% (similar to DAs and better than the Codex) and right now they have 35 participants putting them is the same league as BAs and BTs. The same applies when comparing the total amount of points pledged – at 35k pts they are leading the aforementioned group and having the lowest average vow too. All Chaos needs to do now is to keep the momentum going. BTs, BAs and SWs are close behind and the DAs and Codex not that far ahead… So two weeks remaining; Will the Lost and the Damn make it to Primus Inter Pares? Oh and almost forgot: we have a follower of Tzeentch! Hurray! biggrin.png

VIVE IMPERIUM

This week it was all about the Grey Knights. It’s the only Forum that increased their numbers within the Faction and by 300% no less! This kept Vive Imperium relevant and still very much in the game… Although it has the smallest amount of participants at 21 its close to the SWs and not that far away from the middle group of BTs, BAs and Chaos. But more is needed. I still have high hopes for the Mechanicum (did you guys see what’s coming out of FW ohmy.png) and still waiting for a Titan entry… And what about the Guard? C’mon the B&C almost went to civil war to allow the forum in – ONLY FIVE WERE BRAVE ENOUGH TO LIFT THE TATTERED BANNER AND CHARGE TO GLORY?

HORUS HERESY

Well, a small team of very determined individuals… The Horus Heresy forum has the smallest participation so far with 10 members of almost 1k pts each. Very manageable vows and I from what I’ve seen very high quality overall! I just hope more will flock to the call of the ETL as the Frater have some amazing talent and commitment when it comes to the Heresy – if the WIP forum is anything to go by…

youre right, his shoulders look kind of disjointed/disconnected, like super imposed on the rest of the body and the pose is kind of odd, capt semper whats the original picture of that marine?

Not sure where the original art came from... I have to delve deeper into the Inner Circle to get this info.

But I can tell you this: It was not the original plan. This image was a stand-in and is supposed to be substituted with other more forum specific images but real life intervened and the above image has outlived its initial purpose. By now I have visually associated with the ETLII and I like it. However I cannot exclude the possibility to have it substituted if/when new images become available...

Archived