=][= E Tenebrae Lux II =][=

Once again Captain Semper, thank you for putting in the time and effort on this.  I enjoyed it as much as last year - though I got less done.  Next years goal - 5 vows complete for at least 2500 points.  Mark it down.

It was an honour to be part of such an awesome challenge with so many skilled painters!

Many thanks to Captain Semper for all the time and effort that you put into this, and congrats to all who completed their vows and to those who didn't there is always next year (Hopefully)

Let's go for the gold next time Vive biggrin.png

A big well done to everyone who picked up a brush and helped make the ETL II even better than the ETL I. But most of all thank you to Captain Semper and the B&C team for their tireless devotion in allowing us the opportunity to take part in such brilliant events :tu:

Huge thank you Captain Semper, well done to all of my Chaos friends who worked so hard - very proud to have worked with you. Great to have completed five whole vows - here's to the next challenge!

Bit shell shocked after the frantic rush at the end, it was a great experience and helped get a big chunk of my army painted a lot quicker than I could have hoped.

Can't wait to see my brothers face when he sees the bolter casing with his initials on it.  Thanks again Captain Semper!!!

Yes, Thank you to Capt. Semper & the others who organized this. Was a lot of fun & painted stuff that probably would not have got painted any time soon. One silly question. How do you add the  image to your profile? Thanks in advance.

If you click on the image you want to put on the signature and then click on the save option it will bring up a separate browser page with a link.  Then go to your "My Profile" and then click on "Edit my Profile".  Then select "Signature" and paste the URL's into the box using the image icon to add the bit of coding required to change the link into a picture.

A fun event made even more interesting for me by the driving challenge Captain Semper's issued me when the only digital camera I have access to was not at home and I had to race the deadline to retrieve it from my father (it's his camera as mine is a 35mm).  Admittedly I did get rather distracted during the ETL this year, painting more stuff that was not Guard than what I had vowed for the Guard and I almost didn't make it because of it, but as the saying goes, "victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none."  When the digital camera returns from vacation in two weeks I will post a picture of everything I painted that wasn't vowed for comparison to what was vowed.  I also learned how hard Guard vows really are as you just lose track of the number of models you've painted and you end up painting a few extra models because you lost count partway through.  Also, I still have not found the missing heavy bolter Servitor and plasma cannon-less Servitor my cat had stolen.  I am hoping he is starting a Mechanicus army and am on the look out for unauthorized construction of titan, but I fear instead that those two models are suffering a terrible fate.  With this year's business mostly concluded, I do have one announcement/advertisement/warning:

As Captain Semper has already alluded, Chaos will reign next year.  Already I have begun to gather, convert, assemble, and prime my Black Crusade scale vow; mega-vows are too small for the truly devote.  When the 2014 ETL arrives, the Warp will spew forth a vow such that the other forums shall tremble in terror.  To those misguided servants of the corpse-god I say this, devote yourselves now to the Ruinous powers before it is too late...

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/0/0a/13th_Black_Crusade.jpg

Well done brothers and a huge thanx to Captain Semper for all the effort you put into this. It is greatly appreciated.

Now I must prepare for my penance vow.

However, I only have one thing left to say...<powers up twin lightning claws>

Angel of Darkness, prepare yourself, for we bring the Emperor's wrath....

Well, here's hoping I can contribute even more next time. So, do we add the banners to our signiatures ourselves, or will they be inserted eventually by mods? And if we're supposed to add them... Err... How do we get the image link?

Captain semper: well done for handling such a hectic inter forum competition....hats off indeed I think ladies and gentle men to this man.

I completely let the codex factions down, but life intervened and my mind set wasn't in the vow, next time though I will regain my honour

Well, here's hoping I can contribute even more next time. So, do we add the banners to our signiatures ourselves, or will they be inserted eventually by mods? And if we're supposed to add them... Err... How do we get the image link?

You'll need to add them yourself, just right-click on the appropriate banner and save/copy img url, then image paste it into your signature.

Cheers,

Jono

Thank you semper! It was great. I only wish I could have done more for my forum. But next year! It's on!!!

Considering the troubles you've had since ETL started, what you did was far more than anyone could have expected. The honour of Faction winner is truly yours!

As for next year - It'll be THIRD TIME LUCKY for the Codex faction.

Believe it! happy.png

As ever Captain Semper - well done, and many thanks. Another monumental effort! smile.png

Awesome event, Captain, as always!  I think what happened to codex was with the coming of our new codex many of us stopped putting together models in anticipation of the new codex a real shame too, because unlike last year we were really challenging there.  Thanks to Yak, Arizonajirt, Toxichobbit and War Angel for keeping it all running for us this year.  If this event would've taken place a month from now I am sure we would've faired much better....lol.  Thanks for helping me get some models that have been sitting on my shelf done and see you all next year.

Archived