The streaks look a LOT darker in the photos. I was worried I hadn't made them dark enough on the figure.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

'Perfect'
does not describe how awesome he is. The colors are as if you tore them from my very imagination. That is exactly the shade I was thinking.

More please.

Glad you approve, Heathens. As it turned out, the Vallejo color was too bright and didn't quite fit, and on a trip to my LGS, Dragon's Lair, a few days ago, I picked up a Reaper paint color called Weathered Blue that was just right. I thinned down some Asurmen Blue Wash and went over the whole thing to enrich the blue a little bit, then did several progressively heavier washes in the lower places on the armor. Some touching up with Weathered Blue on the high spots, and a little lining here and there with pure Asurmen plus a dot of black, and here we are.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Thanks, Jasp. I haven't painted in so long, I felt really rusty while working on this guy. I'm probably going to do a few more practice runs on some old metal figures to get back into the swing of it before I move on to any of the "official" models.

Paint Test #2. Still working on this (haven't decided on an eye color yet, among other things), but had to take a break for food and the fingers on my right hand were getting tingly. :sad.:

http://i.imgur.com/vyPfgFx.jpg

:cuss, BCK you're Austin based and go to Dragon's lair? I may have seen you at some point, considering I'm (currently) living in San Marcos. 

Also, I feel like the 2nd color scheme matches up perfectly, at least on my laptop screen. Which, as I've found to be wildly inaccurate at times.

Edited by Vazzy

I'm excited to see BCK finish a project

lol, this isn't even close to finishing a project. My best start in years, certainly.

:cuss, BCK you're Austin based and go to Dragon's lair? I may have seen you at some point, considering I'm (currently) living in San Marcos. 

Also, I feel like the 2nd color scheme matches up perfectly, at least on my laptop screen. Which, as I've found to be wildly inaccurate at times.

I live a little north of Austin, so I don't get down to DL as much as I'd like.

I like the second one better too, but it's still getting washed out in the pics and is much darker in person. I'll fiddle around with it some and see if I can get it closer to the actual colors.

I prefer the second it seems a tad darker. Colors look fantastic and the shading is perfect.

You're talented with a brush as well. Who knew. :tongue.:

For the longest time, my painting skills far outreached my modeling skills, but I think they've swapped places now.

Blue is perfect, the red needs to be darker though on both the eyes and the shoulder.

Both are darker IRL. I fiddled with the pic a little and got it closer to how it really looks, but I might need to see about getting a better lighting set up for the future.

http://i.imgur.com/c6bE0WD.jpg

My Asurman Blue wash method seems to work great on individual figures, but no so much on something with really large, flat spaces like these jetbikes, so I whipped up a batch of dark, but still faded for VIII Legion blue, and airbrushed it into the low spots. Here's a crappy picture of that.

http://i.imgur.com/BDtt7Ai.jpg

While I still had that in the airbrush, I decided to see how it would look in a zenithal spray on the former Tyrannic War Veteran marine, giving him a little darker blue in the recess and such. I don't want every marine's acid-eaten, faded paint job to be weathered the same, so I don't mind that this one will have more and darker blue than the previous ones. Here's a shot of the airbrushed blue and white rattle can spray job:

http://i.imgur.com/X1SYIy1.jpg

Pretty. I like it.

:biggrin.:

I wish I could produce something half as good brother

I'd say you have done more than that with your World Eaters. You made them look grubby and weathered without looking like someone just slopped paint and/or washes on them. Be proud of them.

A little more work on the TWV marine, and since I consider this guy to be my first "real" Crimson Sons figure, I'm putting a little more into the paint job than the previous tests. I wanted to do more, but the fingers were getting tingly. I'm starting to remember why I backed off the painting several years ago.

http://i.imgur.com/ztYnDr4.jpg