The bleeding eyes on this marine look much improved now and I really like the idea of the bronze seal on the leg.  The only thing I would suggest is switching sides of the bronze seal and the parchment one on his leg.  The way they are now, the marine's foot wouldn't be able to move freely because of the metal seal affixed to his shin blocking the joint.  Switching it with the parchment one would solve the issue, just a small thing but something that I noticed.

Damn it. >_< I hadn't considered that when I painted it.

I thought so, that's why I pointed it out now before you painted text onto the parchment/skin colored one.  I really like the idea and the color of the bronze/patina seal.  

Mmmmm..... Contemptor of the Crimson Sons....

Yes... I dunno if I'd go with the normal contemptor or get one of the other legion ones and modify it. I really like the upper body of the SoH dread, and all of the Death Guard one.

A few updates on Vastos, with the haft on his axe shortened and trying out a bionic arm.

http://i.imgur.com/mGqFXPe.jpg

Was also messing around with my Cataphractii, finalizing the pose and deciding on a volkite weapon instead of the combi-bolter.

http://i.imgur.com/9KuZdO4.jpg

Oh, just imagining the filthy acid rain/pollution streaks from all those rivets... mmm.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Really liking that termie fella

Oh yeah, I absolutely love the look of the Cataphractii. I'll happily trade Relentless and so-so looking Tartaros termies for S&P, 4++, and the most awesome termies ever to come from FW.

That is a good reason lol

I keep humming and arrrrr-in about buying some of them termies for my CF's but I don't know if they'd look out of place if that makes sense?

Cataphractii, by the fluff, is supposed to be one of the oldest TDA marks and would be damn near a holy relic in 40k, and even more unlikely for a second founding that had most of its chapter obliterated with its fortress monastery.

That said, it's your army and your money, and if you want some pretty termies, then do as you please. :D

Cataphractii, by the fluff, is supposed to be one of the oldest TDA marks and would be damn near a holy relic in 40k, and even more unlikely for a second founding that had most of its chapter obliterated with its fortress monastery.

That said, it's your army and your money, and if you want some pretty termies, then do as you please. :D

No doubt and 100% true I'm just a really fluff looking army collector and gamer, but the thing that is making me thinking of getting them for my guys is that all the terminator suits survived cause all the terminators were in new Rynn city. But that's another story for another time.

So how many points you doing for your NL's?

Points? Psh, I dunno. I don't expect to play much, if at all, so I'm just making what I think looks cool. It's considerably less stressful than what it was like trying to build an army in the past, worrying over weapon loadouts or the gear on a squad leader.

Was also messing around with my Cataphractii, finalizing the pose and deciding on a volkite weapon instead of the combi-bolter.

http://i.imgur.com/9KuZdO4.jpg

You get a big +1 for the Volkite weapon and an extra +1 for modelling the slap of the century. Good work, brother. ^_^

Loving the paint scheme but on the subject of your lord dude may I humbly suggest putting the axe in a more at ease/relaxed pose as at the moment it looks likes trying to stop it touching the floor. If it where an chain-axe I would suggest putting the blade head down on the floor with one hand on the pummel in a at ease pose with a blood effect / severed head next to it.

P.S keep up the ace work.

P.P.S whatever happens to those iron warrior lord from the start of the thread.

Thanks for reading.

S.P

You get a big +1 for the Volkite weapon and an extra +1 for modelling the slap of the century. Good work, brother. :happy.:

Assault 2, deflagrate VS a combi-bolter. Hmmmm... :)

Loving the paint scheme but on the subject of your lord dude may I humbly suggest putting the axe in a more at ease/relaxed pose as at the moment it looks likes trying to stop it touching the floor. If it where an chain-axe I would suggest putting the blade head down on the floor with one hand on the pummel in a at ease pose with a blood effect / severed head next to it.

P.S keep up the ace work.

P.P.S whatever happens to those iron warrior lord from the start of the thread.

Thanks for reading.

S.P

There will be something added to the bottom of the axe so that it will be touching the ground, not to worry.

As for the Iron Warrior Lords, they're on the back burner for now because the Crimson Sons are eating up all of my attention.

BCK, Amazong minis as always. The most recent Crimson sons are looking perfect for their eye-bleeds.

At risk of distracting you, Have you considered some of the miniatures from Dark Age for your techno-barbarians? The Outcast and Forsaken factions seem exactly what you want for those guys.

Yeah, I've looked at them, and those new Pit Fighter figures are great, but 1) I have no idea how the compare to the size of marines, and 2) they're pricey.

Those bleeding eyes really have hit a note in the community. :biggrin.:

They have?

Because kage is a god :wink:

Don't pray, send money. Or FW kits. :D

Dark Age minis are taller than 40K but thinner.  I bought a box of the Kukulkani when they were released and traded them off a week later.  They seemed all out of proportion to GW to me.  I agree that the Cataphractii terminator looks like he's about to slap someone's face off their face.  They also look much more imposing compared to Tartaros termis, but I don't think I would go as far as calling them so so looking though that's a little extreme.