Fingers were getting tingly?

Yeah. I used to paint all hunched over with my hands sitting on the desk, but it was murder on my back. Some years ago, I trained myself to paint sitting upright with my elbows on the desk, hands clasped around what I secure the figure to for painting. If I sit in that position for too long, the fingers on my right hand start to go numb.

looking good man. lookin real good.

I blame Heathens for it. I probably would have jumped on the Crimson Sons a few days later when I got the book for myself, but I'm really liking the way these guys are turning out.

Needs more gore.

Eh?

Yeah, a friend of mine always notes my back is super tense after I paint, since in her words, i'm the "Hunchbacked painter of San Marcos". 

I'm really liking these guys so far, maybe one day I'll face them on the tabletop. :wink:

Yeah, a friend of mine always notes my back is super tense after I paint, since in her words, i'm the "Hunchbacked painter of San Marcos". 

I'm really liking these guys so far, maybe one day I'll face them on the tabletop. :wink:

Maybe so. :)

The blood tears look like paint. Needs to look like actual blood.

I've never really painted blood, as I tend to avoid that sort of stuff on my minis, but I see what you mean.

I will definitely give this a try. Irealized last night the problem was I was putting the brighter color over the dark and that's what was making it look like paint and not blood.

Wow...awesomely 'light' night lords

Thanks! It's relatively quick and easy, as far as my painting style goes, and will definitely help me stay interested in the project as seeing progress is a great motivator.

Always happy to help a brother of the VIII Legion :wink:

I think you did, brother. I had a go at your technique and decided to gore it up a bit more, like the color plate shows, and I think it turned out well.

http://i.imgur.com/plVoBmF.jpg

The weathering is still in progress, and I worked on a few details, like the seals on his left leg. I dunno how clear it is in the photos, but the seal to the left is bronze and aged with patina. Every Crimson Sons will bear a seal like that which is the Oath Bond to the service of Rogue Trader Militant Lord Gotha, King of Oxitania.

Outstanding. That did the trick brother, now they are a mirror image of the artwork. I like the aged bronze effect as well, is the whole seal going to be actual bronze? If so I would think it would be less "flow-y" and more like a stamped imitation of a seal.

Really cool stuff, BCK :smile.:. I appreciate this take on the Night Lords quite a bit, so much flavor.

The good thing about the Crimson Sons is there was very little detail in those two paragraphs about them, which allows me to take that seed and, with a little care and feeding, help it grow into the twisted tree I want it to be.

Outstanding. That did the trick brother, now they are a mirror image of the artwork. I like the aged bronze effect as well, is the whole seal going to be actual bronze? If so I would think it would be less "flow-y" and more like a stamped imitation of a seal.

Yeah, the whole thing is bronze. On one hand, I think you're right about how it would look, but on the other, I like the idea of the Oath seal to have been crafted to look like that.

Just shoot me now. Heinrich kage heathens prime noctus I feel like I'm in the shadow of gods damn it all to hell!

Hey, you're the one that convinced me to do a 30k army. :P  And I've been doing this a lot longer than you have. For your first army, your WEs are damn impressive. As I said before, be proud of them, and only reach higher for every new figure.

You know what the Crimson Sons remind me of? I've just figured it out. That Zalgo creepypasta from however long ago it was. :ph34r.:

(Don't blame me if you google it and get creeped out. You're the one who did the typing!) 

Just shoot me now. Heinrich kage heathens prime noctus I feel like I'm in the shadow of gods damn it all to hell!

Damn it Jasp, you forgot your name on that list!

or are you forgetting that Sorcerer you just did!

Perfection. I got nothing else to put forward.

...beyond, don't you dare give up this project, Kage. Or I will hunt you down....

+1

Perfection. I got nothing else to put forward.

...beyond, don't you dare give up this project, Kage. Or I will hunt you down....

No, I think this might finally be the army I stick with. I like the fluff, 'cause most of it I'm making up as I go(will post some at a later point), the paint job is quick and easy and looks good, and I can't wait to see how it looks on stuff like Cataphractii terminators, a Javelin land speeder, and maybe a Contemptor.