:P

You guys with all your connections.

Wish I had friends and connections

Damn island in the middle of nowhere

I'll help you out and tell you the first rule of having connections. Do Not Talk About Your Connections and Never Talk About My Connections.

Talking about the party all the time is definitely not the way to get invited to it.

I'll help you out and tell you the first rule of having connections. Do Not Talk About Your Connections and Never Talk About My Connections.

Talking about the party all the time is definitely not the way to get invited to it.

http://i.imgur.com/7gdRV7h.gif

Over the last week or so I've read through this entire thread, start to finish, and there's some amazing stuff in here! Not just the modelling, but the ideas and thought process that's gone into everything.

Really looking forward to seeing your next finished dudes BCK!

Whenever I see that guy's face,

http://i.imgur.com/7gdRV7h.gif

Whenever I see that guy's face I can't help but think about

Over the last week or so I've read through this entire thread, start to finish, and there's some amazing stuff in here! Not just the modelling, but the ideas and thought process that's gone into everything.

Really looking forward to seeing your next finished dudes BCK!

Thanks, and I'm glad you made it through unscathed! I need to get me some 30k bolters for the models I just received, but I want to have them done very soon. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Another update on the scout!

First up is adding the armor for the chest:

http://i.imgur.com/7iSA2do.jpg

I did this before work one day and rushed the pouches on his sides. When I got home, I cut them away and decided to go a different direction with it.

Again, drawing on modern military for influence, I wanted him to look like he was loaded up with ammo and gear:

http://i.imgur.com/xEgvU5A.jpg

I took some measurements of the bolter clip from the carbine conversion and made three of the same size from sheet plastic, glued them to the armor and sculpted the holders and quick-release straps. I took a Cadian knife and cut it down to a slightly more realistic proportion(it would still be damn near a machete at that size), and sculpted some big pouches on the back of his belt. I left the middle empty temporarily because I wasn't sure how much room would be left once the back pack was put on.

I didn't really want to try to sculpt a neck on the guy because there's just this tiny little nub on the bottom of the head to glue to the torso it came with, and I also wanted him to have that no-neck thing some very muscular guys get, so I went for a thick collar, like some kind of heavy, tough tunic or shirt that he has on beneath the armor.

http://i.imgur.com/2Y5TVn5.jpg

Originally, I used some of the plastic pouches from the various marine kits on his left side, but then realized he had no grenades. I gave him a frag, krak, and an IR strobe grenade I made from a piece of plastic rod, a piece of scrap sprue, and a little coil of thin solder for the pin. I also filled in the last pouch on his back after checking the lay of the back pack.

:tongue.:

Yet there has to be an alternate timeline where they weren't flung away as lorgars favoured son argel tal was the reason they were flung iirc

I think I've have been working on something like that, You know, If your into killing nids and stuff and Orks, and the squats are not dead yet..and...stuff. :whistling:

These guys are sweet, which i had that kind of green stuff skills.

Edited by MordentHex

I don't think rails would work on a bolter. Since the whole outer casing is a single piece in most cases for a Phobos and Tigrus. I'd imagine any attempt to add a rail system would require a specifically engineered casing, unless it was a Godwin pattern, where the foregrip could be removed and replaced with a cage, or a Umbra, where the cage is constructed over the existing chassis.

I'm thinking about picking up some of those foregrips, IR illuminators, scopes, and reflex sights to see how they look on the Phobos.