Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

The mixed marks are cool, and I would go with the tattered cloth, but get rid of the crossed scythes.

I think it adds some realism, especially if you are going for a late Badab-war look, where Huron is very much embattled. Also the mixed armour marks could be down to having fought multiple engagements and being pinned further back into his own territory, he is relying on Armenneus Valthex's skills to keep his armour running at optimal levels.

I quite like the lopsidednesss of the indomitus and cataphractii, as it heralds what is to come for the Tyrant of Badab, but maybe feel that a tartaros pad would be less.... of a harsh change.

The scythes and the Eye of Horus will be removed in time.

I'm not sure where in the timeline I want to put this guys yet so I'm trying out a sculpt over the tattered tabard to see how it looks, and if I don't care for it, I can just peel the GS off and keep the tattered one for the embattled appearance you mentioned.

This one is going to be a standout. Great composition, great choice of parts. And we haven't even seen your solid GS work on him yet. I'm not sold on the mismatched pads, but that indomitus pad sure brings him nicely into his era so there's that.

Thanks KBA, that kind of praise means a lot from a fierce fellow converter.

So, on with the update! I stopped at Wally World on the way home from work tonight and nabbed me a corded Dremel so I could grind out some more headroom for that big ass Cent helmet and now the head is positioned how I first imagined it.

http://i.imgur.com/DTbLok9.png

Did you hear that click? That was the pose falling into place for me, lol.

Tried out a GK shoulder pad with a smaller trim and I may go with the other DW pad but cut the trim back a little bit. I'm not liking the filled in tabard and will go with the tattered version; I've done nothing but loyalists for my 30k projects, so I think I will do these as bad boy Astral Claws in the thick of the Badab War.

Next up is finishing up the flamer arm and figuring out what to do with the chest and kicking around ideas for other notable ACs, like Corien Sumatris.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Hmm. You're having him helmed, so turning the chest into a large hanging respirator is out. If you're placing your AC in the middle of the war having a bolted-on armor piece reinforcing the chestplate could be decent. You could even add to that aspect of salvaged/reinforced armor by having the right leg/thigh thickened with some additional plates.

How strange I've been thinking about those who fought in the Badab was recently, and Astral Claws is on my potential list (with minotaurs and raptors). The Huron conversion looks amazing so far, can't wait to see it finished.

Seems like there's a lot of people are getting interested in Badab chapters lately; might be a good time for a group build thread. 

Indeed. Back to Back to Badab. Think I'm gonna trademark that xD.

Great work on Huron thus far. I must admit, I think I'm in the minority that doesn't care particularly for the Centurion head, but it still looks good. Posing is a treat at the mo'.

Seems like there's a lot of people are getting interested in Badab chapters lately; might be a good time for a group build thread. 

Indeed. Back to Back to Badab. Think I'm gonna trademark that xD.

Great work on Huron thus far. I must admit, I think I'm in the minority that doesn't care particularly for the Centurion head, but it still looks good. Posing is a treat at the mo'.

I think a group did that last year on the forum.

Funnily enough over the last couple of weeks I started working on a Boarding Assault Company for my Lamenters that will have a nice tip of the hat to the Badab war......there must be something in the air.

Thanks guys, I'm glad most people seem to like the cent head. Got some work done on the chest and a knee today.

http://i.imgur.com/v46a7aU.png

It's not too easy to tell in the pic, but the new armor plate on the chest comes to a point in the middle and is slightly angled. Thoughts?

That conversion is looking great so far. I'm not sure about the new chest piece, but perhaps with a sharper vertical edge it looks better. Early stages etc. The flamer looks good - although small nitpick the nozzle is slightly off-centre compared to the housing. However, my favourite part has got to be the claw. Filing down those digits... it's just so inspired. I have the same bit, and I'm going to try that too. :tu:

Augs - I wanted to do the chest like Mk IV but then realized that Chapter Master Culln of the Red Scorpions already had one like that, so I went with the walking tank idea and used the old IS line of Russian tanks as inspiration with their angled front armor. I may have to add another layer to make it more apparent though.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage