Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

I figured someone would mention the hive on his butt. One of the things I was pondering over the past week was how the hive would grow if it only sprouted from his back, as the two models and artwork have shown us. If it grew too wide, the movement of his arms and shoulder pads would break it away back to a point where it was no longer an obstruction, and the same if it grew too far downward with the movement of his hips and legs, so I made it narrow within the center line of his body and growth horizontally outwards from his back. I'm sure plenty of people will make mental jokes about it, but it seemed like the natural way it would evolve if it and he were real.

I didn't think of his arms and shoulders breaking up the hives attempts to grow over that section of his body. With that thought wouldn't it be the same for his waist then if he turned his upper body to the left or the right?

I'm taking some time to consider what to do for the hive on Typhus. After a few days away and looking at it with fresh eyes, it needs some work. 

That being said, I'm not liking the way the play style of the 40k Death Guard is shaping up and may just finish up the other conversions I'm working on and see if I can sell them off. A few days ago I found out there's a model show in my area a few weeks from now with a special award for best Warhammer/WH40k model and I dusted off the Macharius to finish up the weathering and do the tracks and plan on entering it in the show. Working on that tank again combined with the Guard codex sounding amazing has me dusting off something else as well. 

PN07TGP.jpg?1

It's time to go back to Vostroya. And this time, I'm sticking with it. Me, my brother, and a friend are going a slow army build, beginning with 500 points and working up from there. I had planned on doing DG for it, but... ugh. Besides, my friend is doing DG and my brother is doing marines with a few primaris sprinkled in, and 3 marine armies might be a little boring. 

Very hyped for this, I've always had a soft spot for Vostroya (it was my father's army) and that conversion looks great, I must agree with Vairocanum in that you're great at scuplting cloth, can't wait to see how this army takes shape!

However I think that you should finish your Typhus model at some point, it was a promising concept, I just think that it needed more work as you said.

That Vostroyan and several other conversion I did several years ago. Here's some other pictures. 

The medicae began life as the kneeling model. 

http://i.imgur.com/36rnSZQ.png

aS53oTV.jpg

Converted standard bearer. 

http://i.imgur.com/OhuBqvx.jpg

pffmuLq.jpg

Master of Ordinance. 

http://i.imgur.com/j8Pa0Dw.jpg

jXgUZzG.jpg

HQ

0pxtM3q.jpg

Commissar. 

http://i.imgur.com/pecejBu.jpg

Thanks, guys. I have to find these old conversions first, lol. They've been packed away somewhere for a while. 

Not ready to reveal it yet, but I've been working on some conversions to really change up the look of the Vostroyans and scratch an itch I've had with them for years. 

Yes!

While there have been some great DG conversions all around, the board definitely feels a little overloaded with the nurgle marines. Breath of fresh (old) air :smile.:

The saturation of DG projects is another issue as well, but it was to be expected with how good the figures look. 

Thats whole command squad looks amazing, I wish to reach your level of sculpting one day. 

Got one question though - with the medic do you not find it is top heavy with plastic legs and metal torso? 

Just practice the sculpting as often as you can. Read, or watch, sculpting tutorials and just keep pushing. I'd done a little sculpting here and there but it wasn't until 4 or 5 years ago that clay shapers just clicked for me and when I started doing better I was more enthusiastic to about doing more and trying to get better. 

That medicae figure is probably top heavy but if it's a metal (or mostly metal) figure without a slotta tab I will always pin them to the base.