Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

Of course, I can't find my GK codex now. I remember it being near the end of the book, with some accompanying fluff about how the dead GKs are interred in a tomb beneath Titan and how the rest of the Imperium will never know their heroic deeds and how much they helped to keep mankind safe from Chaos, etc.

Yeah, he won't be shrouded and I guess it's been a while since I saw this picture because it's not quite how I remember it. Still, one of my favorite pics from the codex and thanks again for posting it.

For my Tycho diorama, it will be less formal with an impromtu bier, or maybe none at all and the other Blood Angels are just carrying him. Today is my one day off from work this week and I have some errands to run and stuff to do around the house, but I'll see if I can get some early WIP pics of him up later tonight.

Your stuff always rocks Kage, and I am looking forward to your final rendition of Tycho (guy is one of my all time faves).

Here's a pic from the Armageddon codex that will give some idea of how much damage he might have on him:

Oh, he would be right battered!!! But don't forget story goes, his mask was torn from his face and upon his death his 'horrifying, rictus grin' kind of dissapeared and he looked quite peaceful. Not that you have to pay it (or me) any heed, as lets 'face' it, Tycho's mak is ace :thumbsup:

Yeah, he won't be shrouded and I guess it's been a while since I saw this picture because it's not quite how I remember it. Still, one of my favorite pics from the codex and thanks again for posting it.

For my Tycho diorama, it will be less formal with an impromtu bier, or maybe none at all and the other Blood Angels are just carrying him. Today is my one day off from work this week and I have some errands to run and stuff to do around the house, but I'll see if I can get some early WIP pics of him up later tonight.

Yeah that's definitely the way to go, 4 marines bearing the battered and broken Tycho from his final fight, maybe a chaplain in the front bearing his crozius as they walk past kneeling Blood Angels. Not to try and tell you how to do it or anything, that's just the image in my mind.

Oh, he would be right battered!!! But don't forget story goes, his mask was torn from his face and upon his death his 'horrifying, rictus grin' kind of dissapeared and he looked quite peaceful. Not that you have to pay it (or me) any heed, as lets 'face' it, Tycho's mask is ace :thumbsup:

Was that in the Armageddon codex? That seems to have disappeared along with my GK codex, but I did check out the new BA codex and it didn't mention it. I think the mask needs to stay to make it more apparent who it is, and the golden mask against the black, ravaged armor will serve as a good parallel between exemplary captain he used to be and the raging madman he became once he succumbed to the curse.

Yeah that's definitely the way to go, 4 marines bearing the battered and broken Tycho from his final fight, maybe a chaplain in the front bearing his crozius as they walk past kneeling Blood Angels. Not to try and tell you how to do it or anything, that's just the image in my mind.

I'm beginning to wonder if you're reading my mind. <_<  In fact, I was planning on having a chappie out front and was considering redoing my original Brother Chaplain Kage conversion that used to lead my Blood Angels back in my tourney days:

http://i.imgur.com/E4aiGZD.jpg

I was so proud of that guy back then because, at the time, there wasn't a straight right arm to be found in the shiny new 3rd edition plastics so I chopped out the middle of a bolter left arm and mated it to the hand and shoulder of a right and looked pretty seamless.

In my more grand visions of thing, they were all walking past lines of other Blood Angels, either kneeling or saluting, so you're also on the money there as well. That makes me wonder, how do marines salute, or do they at all?

Yeah, I'm not doing the flying bird shadow-puppet thing on my marines.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121020204757/warhammer40k/images/8/86/UM_Sign_of_the_Aquila.jpg

Just... no.

As Brother Heinrich stated, the Aquila or the Pre-Unification Hand-Over-Heart. The Black Templars have their own style with forearms crossed over chest to form a Templar Cross (As per Aaron Dembski-Bowden's Armageddon Novel).

Can't wait to see what you do with the Mk1 TDA

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121020204757/warhammer40k/images/8/86/UM_Sign_of_the_Aquila.jpg

Just... no.

LMAO, he looks way too happy to be doing the shadow puppet.

As Brother Heinrich stated, the Aquila or the Pre-Unification Hand-Over-Heart. The Black Templars have their own style with forearms crossed over chest to form a Templar Cross (As per Aaron Dembski-Bowden's Armageddon Novel).

Can't wait to see what you do with the Mk1 TDA

I haven't read that, but a nice little piece of new info about the BTs.

The MK 1 is gonna be a little ways off since I'm still looking around for base components to use. I want to make a very large one for my IW Warsmith, most likely from Obliterator parts, but a normal termie-sized version would be cool as well.

Just... no.

LMAO, he looks way too happy to be doing the shadow puppet.

Right? I'm thinking they'll be kneeling or doing the fist over the chest if I take the diorama that far.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

The Lord Executioner's jump pack would look really good on a remake of that chaplain. I think that you should add "misc chaplain bits" to your list later this evening if you know what I mean. Just in case I forget between now and tomorrow.

The Lord Executioner's jump pack would look really good on a remake of that chaplain. I think that you should add "misc chaplain bits" to your list later this evening if you know what I mean. Just in case I forget between now and tomorrow.

Will do, and you're right about that jump pack. Man, jump pack chappie leading jump pack Death Company back in 3rd edition... so gross, it still makes me dry heave a little bit. The body would be great too, for the chappie to be walking ahead of the marines bearing Tycho.

And here's a rough sketch of the man himself:

http://i.imgur.com/fwYEbRa.jpg

Not sure about the right arm yet, but it gets the idea across.

Man that is an awesome mock up, please make this a reality.

It will be, and I have to say I think this is the oldest conversion idea I've ever had that I never attempted or completely gave up on, and seeing it finally start to come together after all this time is just incredible. :smile.:

Is he gonna be messed up and battle damaged, or will his brothers have polished up his suit for the ceremony?

It's a tad cliche, but having his right hand resting on his chest/stomach would probably work.

Edit: Oh yes, he'll be pock-marked, cut up, bloody and dusty. Imagine that they just pulled his body from the pile of dead orcs and other Blood Angels and hefted him up to carry him back to friendly lines, later to be borne home.

My thoughts on his right arm were to either be that, or be positioned to be resting on the shoulder of the marine under his right side.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Will do, and you're right about that jump pack. Man, jump pack chappie leading jump pack Death Company back in 3rd edition... so gross, it still makes me dry heave a little bit. The body would be great too, for the chappie to be walking ahead of the marines bearing Tycho.

And here's a rough sketch of the man himself:

http://i.imgur.com/fwYEbRa.jpg

Not sure about the right arm yet, but it gets the idea across.

I like the mock up so far, maybe have his right hand clutching a weapon that he is unwilling to relinquish even in death.  I would recommend that you have the battle damage on his armor reveal the gold finish that the black paint of the Death Company obscures, just a thought.  Jump pack not a problem, the body of the Executioner Lord is marked for a conversion but I have an alternative to offer.  PM inbound.

I like the mock up so far, maybe have his right hand clutching a weapon that he is unwilling to relinquish even in death.  I would recommend that you have the battle damage on his armor reveal the gold finish that the black paint of the Death Company obscures, just a thought.  Jump pack not a problem, the body of the Executioner Lord is marked for a conversion but I have an alternative to offer.  PM inbound.

I like the idea with the weapon in his hand; maybe one of the sheathed daggers that come as extras on the Blood Angel sprues, and I did have that same idea about the paint. :D

Really loving the sound of this.  As for a weapon, perhaps the combi-melta of his put to rest on his right arm, sort of nestled up against/into his shoulder, where a brother returned it to its owner to carry with dignity into death.

*salute*