Go to solution Solved by Brother-Chaplain Kage,

Wicked cool concept! This board is just insane for creativity.

It does have its fair share of awesome, though I wish it was a little more active.

Really loving the sound of this.  As for a weapon, perhaps the combi-melta of his put to rest on his right arm, sort of nestled up against/into his shoulder, where a brother returned it to its owner to carry with dignity into death.

*salute*

The combi-melta will probably be too bulky for that. I imagine someone will be carrying it for him.

And a few updates on other projects!

Getting the legs on my Space Wolf clean of Blood Angel decorations and beginning to BCK-Size™ them.

http://i.imgur.com/p1xcsao.jpg

Adding a lip to the chest vent on Mikhail's commission:

http://i.imgur.com/27CRwbs.jpg

It's a little rough on the inside of the lip, but it'll get cleaned up once the putty completely cures. With the leftover greenstuff from those two updates, I decided to play around with the Inquisitor scale Eisenhorn figure to see if I could start fleshing out his old, drawn, and haggard looking face to turn back the clock:

http://i.imgur.com/b4S7VXx.jpg

And because it's been asked about in some of my various threads in the past, here's a pic of where the "magic" happens:

http://i.imgur.com/y84bOEg.jpg

I think that this board is just the right amount of creative and active.  There are some boards that have some really creative stuff but the activity level is so low that nothing ever seems to happen.  There are others where the level of activity is so high that you can't really follow what's going on without wading through 50 pages of chatter without meaningful content.  I've always thought of the B&C as "home" always will.

I like all of the updates so far, especially the DA and the Wolf.  I was wondering what you were planning to do with those BA icons on his shins, glad to see them gone.  Eisenhorn looks good as well, less hunted and renegade, more "Thorn desires Talon."  As for your desk, I don't know how you get anything done with such a clean work area.

Always cool to see the mad scientist's slab :smile.:. For me, it's the carpeted floor of my apartment living room. :teehee:

My knees are too bad to sit on the floor for any length of time. :(

I think that this board is just the right amount of creative and active.  There are some boards that have some really creative stuff but the activity level is so low that nothing ever seems to happen.  There are others where the level of activity is so high that you can't really follow what's going on without wading through 50 pages of chatter without meaningful content.  I've always thought of the B&C as "home" always will.

I like all of the updates so far, especially the DA and the Wolf.  I was wondering what you were planning to do with those BA icons on his shins, glad to see them gone.  Eisenhorn looks good as well, less hunted and renegade, more "Thorn desires Talon."  As for your desk, I don't know how you get anything done with such a clean work area.

Now that you mention it, you make a good point about the speed of the forum here. The interesting thing about the Eisenhorn face is that as I moving that greenstuff around, I realized I'll have to do a lore more build up than just the cheeks. It wasn't until then I really started to notice how gaunt his face is and how it's practically skin and bones.

The great thing about having such a clean and organized desk is when some little part slips out of my hands, I have no trouble at all finding where it got off to. :whistling:

Wow, my workbench actually looks clean all of a sudden.  Thank you desk of shambles and magical creations. :smile.:

This is I told Jaspcat a little while back in this thread that if I get around to some kind of sculpting tut, I'd have to clean up my desk and I'm not ready for that just yet.

I agree with everything you just wrote. My desks are in the unfinished basement on a concrete floor. I have always worked at a desk, never on the floor. I keep a flashlight on the desk to locate parts that hit the floor. When I loose a bit on my desktop I take a break from the mini I'm working on and build another. I always have about 4-5 projects on the go at once for just this reason. I also have 4different desks so that I can leave each one as cluttered as I please and pick up right where I left off.

When I drop a part, I just swing the lamp over and angle it around until I find the little bugger. I also have a lot of projects going at the same time, mainly 'cause I had ADD when it comes to modeling and I get bored waiting for greenstuff to cure.

On the idea of Tycho's cmobi-melta, you could have a 5th brother bearing his weapon behind the 4 carrying his body.

I'm right there with you Mikhail on this board, I used to post on Dakka and Warseer however I found that both were far too active and the dearth of xenos threads had the potential to drown out and good Marine projects. I am a die hard human fan, never played a xenos army and probably never will, so I love that the B&C narrows the focus to just that. I'm able to see all the great projects with power armor from 30k to 40k and in between. Plus the activity level is such that posts don't get buried the second you post them and there seems to be a general good nature to most folks, willing to admit defeat and willing to remain civil despite being safe behind their keyboard.  

+1 for dearth

Now that you mention it, it seems like only my xenos posts got any attention at all on Dakka and I see so many threads there that are hundreds of pages long and there's hardly any material in them at all - it's all goofy chatter that reads like bad texting.

On the idea of Tycho's cmobi-melta, you could have a 5th brother bearing his weapon behind the 4 carrying his body.

Aye, was planning on that.

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Dude I feel your pain on the desk...

Mine has paint bitz coffee Uni books notes and everything.

You need to add your location to your profile. I keep thinking that you live in the Seattle Washington area of the USA for some reason and then you use a slang word like "Uni" and confuse the crap out of me again. Not thst it matters in the slightest where you are from, I'm just curious.

Tycho is certainly going the right way, as Firepower says I would go for the hand rested on himself. As fo the fluff; I can't remember exactly where it is quoted from as I didn't save the reference, I think it was a White Dwarf at the time of the Campaign. Obviously just use it for reference if you see fit, beautiful story though :cry: Perhaps his brothers replaced his mask for the ceremony?

Tycho
& Tempestora

The beat of powerful wings, a sense of depthless sadness. That it should come to
this... comrades in arms locked in a battle to the death. Then he saw him, his
brother once, his enemy now. Flashing blades and an explosion of blood, screaming
pain flaring round his body like an electric charge and he...

...opened his eyes, sweat coating his skin with an oily sheen, his mouth filled
with blood. He swallowed and ran his tongue over his teeth, fighting down the
visions. But no matter how hard he pushed them away, they were always there,
lurking at the back of his skull. Brother Captain Erasmus Tycho stood and
turned to leave the chapel, stopping as he saw Chaplain Lemartes standing in
the archway, his face shrouded in the dancing shadows cast by the
electro-flambeaux.

"Were you seeing them again?" asked Lemartes.

Tycho nodded slowly. "Yes..." he whispered, "I see them even
now. I can feel his pain, it burns me."

Lemartes approached Tycho and placed his hands on his friend's shoulders. He
had always known it would come to this, but still he felt sorrow. Fitting that
it should come on Armageddon. He could see Tycho's glassy eyed stare and knew
that part of his mind was no longer here in the now, but had been wrenched back
to the time of the Great Betrayal. To the last battle of their Primarch
Sanguinius. To his death.

"Have they considered my... request?" asked Tycho.

"They have, my friend," replied Lemartes sadly.

"And?"

"You shall have your wish, Erasmus. The honour of leading the forlorn hope
into the Tempestora breach on the morrow is yours. Come, I shall perform the
moripatris."

Arrayed in his newly painted black armour, Tycho stared fixedly towards the
besieged Hive Tempestora as the Chaplains moved amongst the men of the forlorn
hope, the first men into the breach. The first men to die. He felt his pulse
race and his breathing quicken... The Imperial palace was in ruins, thousands
were dead... He blinked and watched as vast bellied Gargants.... Daemon visaged
Titans stalked through the rubble of Terra like predatory gods, killing and
destroying all in their path... lurched into firing positions before the hive.
Somewhere in the cratered hell before him was the enemy who had horribly
disfigured him all those years ago... One man's betrayal had brought them to
this, one man's vanity and pride. But they had a chance to end it here. His
Emperor had made the decision to take the fight to Horus and Sanguinius of the
Blood Angels would not fail him... Chaplain Lemartes stopped before Tycho and
dipped his finger into a blood filled chalice. He anointed Tycho's helmet with
blood in the form of a jagged saltire and said, "With my blood I commend
your soul to the Emperor. May he watch over you this day."

"And you also Dorn," said Tycho, taking Lemartes' hand in the
warriors grip, wrist to wrist. "One last time brother."

"Yes," agreed Lemartes, knowing that Tycho was finally lost to him.
"One last time."

Tycho smashed another Greenskin from the rubble with a backhanded sweep of his
fist. Bones cracked and blood sprayed. The top of the breach was less than ten
metres away. Gunfire stitched a path towards him, spurts of dust and stone
exploding around him. He felt the powerful impacts, but ignored them, charging
up the debris strewn slope. Choking dust and smoke filled the air. All he could
see were shadowy forms before him... brother Space Marines, their oaths of
loyalty ashes in the dust. He hated them like nothing he had ever hated before.
A blade swung at his head, striking his shoulder guard and tearing upwards...
Tycho's golden mask tore from his rictus face in a wash of blood and skin. He
screamed in fury, standing at the top of the breach, surrounded by his foes.
The Orks swarmed around the Blood Angels, dying by the dozen as fifty years of
hatred and vengeance poured through Tycho's veins. Behind him, the last Space
Marine of the forlorn hope fell beneath the blades of the Orks... the others
were gone, separated in the teleportation. He was aloneÉ Tycho fought with the
strength of legend, fighting and killing all who came near him. He swept up a
fallen sword and continued the slaughter, the blade rising and falling, Ork
blood sheathing its edge. No blade could pierce his armour, no bullet could lay
him low. Ork corpses, scores deep, surrounded him, his altar of death. The
smoke parted and a massively powerful Ork, clad in wheezing mechanical armour,
crunched across the rubble towards him. Black exhaust fumes belched from rusted
pipes and enormous claws snapped from each arm. Tycho snarled as the
unquenchable fury of the Black Rage finally consumed him utterly...

Horus, greatest and most beloved of the Primarchs. Why? When we could have
achieved anything we dreamed of, why? Horus said nothing, swinging with his
bladed fist. He sprang away from the powerful claw, spinning behind the
Traitor. Sanguinius leapt feet first at Horus, feeling fangs break under his
boot heels. He landed lightly, rolling swiftly to his feet as Horus attacked
again. His back was to the wall, nowhere to go but forwards. The two brothers
met blade to blade and Sanguinius knew he could not defeat Horus. The sword
snapped and Horus smashed the claw through his armour and deep into his belly.
Excruciating agony ripped upwards into his ribcage as Horus tore his heart out.
Sanguinius spat blood into his brother's face and hissed, "I die, but you
will die with me, traitor!" as he lashed out with his fist and ripped out
his foe's throat in a welter of blood. He felt Horus' grip slacken and slumped
to the ground, his lifeblood pumping from his broken body. He could vaguely
hear his companions calling his name, but with each second their voices grew
dimmer. He had not failed his Emperor. He smiled and closed his eyes as life
slipped away.

Lemartes watched the small group of Space Marines as they bore their Captain on
their shoulders towards the Imperial lines. The breach had fallen and the outer
ring of fortifications and bunkers were now in Imperial hands. Tycho had held
the breach long enough for the rest of the army to reach the walls and carry
the day. With a tenderness that belied the gore-streaked appearance of the
Blood Angels, they laid Brother Captain Erasmus Tycho at the feet of Chaplain
Lemartes. He knelt by the bloody corpse, laying a hand on his brow and staring
at his friend's face. Perhaps it was just the relaxation of muscle that
followed death, but he believed he could see a softening in Tycho's features,
as though the terrible disfigurement done to him had retreated within his
flesh. He hoped so.

"Farewell brother," he whispered. "You will not be
forgotten."

EDIT - Sorry for all the text as I don't have a link for it!

Edited by Midnight Runner

Dude I feel your pain on the desk...

Mine has paint bitz coffee Uni books notes and everything.

You need to add your location to your profile. I keep thinking that you live in the Seattle Washington area of the USA for some reason and then you use a slang word like "Uni" and confuse the crap out of me again. Not thst it matters in the slightest where you are from, I'm just curious.

My money's on Aussie.

Tycho is certainly going the right way, as Firepower says I would go for the hand rested on himself. As fo the fluff; I can't remember exactly where it is quoted from as I didn't save the reference, I think it was a White Dwarf at the time of the Campaign. Obviously just use it for reference if you see fit, beautiful story though :cry: Perhaps his brothers replaced his mask for the ceremony?

Lemartes watched the small group of Space Marines as they bore their Captain on

their shoulders towards the Imperial lines.

EDIT - Sorry for all the text as I don't have a link for it!

I think this is from the Armageddon codex, because I remembered parts of this as I was reading it. I had forgotten about the mask, and that last paragraph was probably the inspiration for the idea. Thanks for that!

I think this is from the Armageddon codex, because I remembered parts of this as I was reading it. I had forgotten about the mask, and that last paragraph was probably the inspiration for the idea. Thanks for that!

No worries, I have it knocking around on my computer as it is a story that sums one of my fave 40k characters - I lost the original link though - I am about as organized as your desk!!! :wink:

No worries, I have it knocking around on my computer as it is a story that sums one of my fave 40k characters - I lost the original link though - I am about as organized as your desk!!! :wink:

Ouch, lol.

Another update on Eisenhorn:

http://i.imgur.com/qptrakD.jpg

I had completely go over the previous greenstuff to get his face where I wanted it, in terms of musculature. The sides and back of his head needed a lot of leveling out from the trauma I inflicted with the Dremel, removing the brace and wiring, and I'm beginning to think there isn't going to be much metal left showing on his head when I got done with his greenstuff rejuvenant treatments.

He is looking much younger the more you work on him.  I forgot how much detail was on the INQ figures, it's been so long since I looked at one.  Ar you planning on filling in the wrinkles around his eyes, or is that a trick of the light?

He is looking much younger the more you work on him.  I forgot how much detail was on the INQ figures, it's been so long since I looked at one. Are you planning on filling in the wrinkles around his eyes, or is that a trick of the light?

It's not a trick of the light and good eye spotting that.Since I had to build up so much material around his zygomatic and temporal bone area, it covered up the wrinkles that had originally beensculpted there and none of my sculpting tools were small enough to reproduce crows feet of the right size, so I ended up using the dull top side of my X-Acto blade to press them in. It's not as pronounced as the old Eisenhorn, but as much as he frowns and scowls, I'm sure he's had lines there from an early age.

And here's an update on your commission. The left leg was removed so I can properly sculpt the new armor plate and I smoothed out the armor plates on the right hip and thigh where the bad casting left a mold line depression I couldn't file or scrape out:

http://i.imgur.com/j3xfCBL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8PEBeyS.jpg

I got the other side of Eisenhorn's face worked on earlier today and decided to try a mock up to see how it looked on the body:

http://i.imgur.com/pwWvE43.jpg

Whatcha think, brothers? Getting closer to this?

http://i.imgur.com/3UW23gv.png?1

Brother it's looking good :wink:

Good work! Looking suitably 'stern'

Thanks, guys.

I don't think I've ever compared the figure to the illustration until this last post, and it's making me want to do some more changes. First of all, the figure looks almost emaciated in comparison, and second, I really like the giant collar on the storm coat and the broader shoulders in the illustration.

So, I took the plunge on making the Eisenhorn figure's coat collar look more like the illustration. First step for today: destruction.

http://i.imgur.com/U8X2a8n.jpg

And here's a somewhat blurry/crappy pic of the head (the macro focus wasn't cooperating) where I wanted to show the contours of the face that weren't really visible in the last shot because my light set up killed all the shadows:

http://i.imgur.com/s61dA9K.jpg

I'll try for better ones later

And a little more work on the Space Wolf, slowly but surely getting those legs into shape!

http://i.imgur.com/DlS5xl2.jpg