Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

too bad you already primed him, but going with sticky blood seems okay ;)

i agree, the sword makes him look white scar-y :teehee:  on the first look, but i think that would be to easy, so im going with iron warrior.

He's looking great mate! Excellent post and yes MkIII armour is the greatest of all time indeed. Looking forward to the finished product!

A quastion, youve mentioned beforevthat you raid skaven kits, you also told me sometime ago that many of the skulls you use are from the beastmen range. Did you plunder and entire Cygor kit?? I cant see where else the hanging skulls came from.

@Augustus b'Raass - check out the Marauders as well (from WH fantasy). That's where most of my hanging skulls are from.

Thanks! That helps. I was actually planning to pick up a set of those to use as CC cultists anyway (I cannot wait on the custamizable cultist set that's rumored to come out in june), but this is an extra incentive. :whistling:

The Fallen

+++++++

Their footsteps echoed down the vaulted hallway. The checkered stone floor beneath their feet mirrored the pattern on the hem of their cream colored robes. The three massive Astartes warriors strode side-by-side between the magnificent columns of the passage. Two of the warriors bore the green shoulder pauldrons of Calabanite knights, while the third bore the black and red insignia that showed his Terran roots. 

“Brother-Confessor, though we serve the Primarch in all things, I still cannot countenance why he has seen fit to relegate us to simple guard duties here on Caliban. Our place is at his side, on the forefront of the crusade.”

Barael, the knight in black, spoke with the calming tones that had earned him a place as one of the new legion “chaplains.”

“Balance your humors brother Zechariah, do you not trust the Primarch’s wisdom? Do you believe he would err in judgment? That the Emperor’s own son is petty or acts upon a whim?”

Zechariah looked down, suitably chastened.

“Forgive my words, I do not mean question the Primarch’s knowledge. I just wish to know the purpose of our orders.”

Barael stopped and laid a gauntleted hand upon Zechariah’s armored shoulder. 

“It is good that in this age of reason and truth you seek knowledge my brother, but in this we must trust the Primarch. If we are not to be told the reason, then that is the will of the Lion and we must obey.”

Zechariah nodded, his qualms eased by Brother-Confessor Barael’s words. 

“You have the right of it Brother-Confessor, I obey the word of the Lion, as do we all.”

Barael, grinned, a flash of white from beneath the shadow of his hood.

“Come brothers, enough of these troubled thoughts, the practice rings await, perhaps this day young Maerius will actually best me.” 

Zechariah smiled as he saw Maerius roll his eyes, they both knew it was more likely that the Emperor would sit down to dinner with them, than for either of them to best Brother-Confessor Barael in hand-to-hand combat. The three warriors turned and continued down the majestic corridor, walking with the close familiarity that only true brotherhood brings.

+++++++

Barael sighed at the memory and glanced down at the two dark green helms that hung to either side of his bike’s power cell. He laid a hand upon one of them and smiled beneath the black faceplate of his Mk. III helm. 

“Zechariah and Maerius, my old friends, you were right to question the Primarch, though why you sided with him in the end I will never understand.”

Caliban. That dark, green world of forests and secrets. That was the poison that had undone his legion, which had seen his Terran brothers cast out and called “Fallen”. Now the thin-blooded seed of the treacherous lion had the audacity to call themselves, “The Unforgiven”. Unforgiven indeed, they knew what they did, the lies they perpetrated, the betrayal they fostered. Barael took his armored hand and laid it upon the pommel of his Crozius Arcanum, the Aquila-headed power maul carried by all chaplains. The sons of the Lion would pay; they would confess their sins one by one until their stain was cleansed from the face of the galaxy. 

Looking up, Barael glanced at his new companions, armored in midnight and bronze with streaks of lightning painted across their armor, they were a far cry from the noble warriors he had once called brother. Though he despised the VIII legion, they were the means to an end; a company-sized element of traitor Astartes with mechanized support operating in Imperial space would draw the servants of the golden throne like moths to a flame. And when they arrived, he would make sure they knew his name, a name that would bring the Calabanite pretenders running, Barael the Confessor.

+++++++

Barael the Confessor (Captain Semper), Fallen Dark Angel, currently operating with the 15th Company, VIII Legion.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1618533_10152641971828761_718334141_n_zps43df8c73.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1969281_10152641971668761_1021897873_n_zps3af168ea.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1800191_10152641972118761_1059126422_n_zpsb21580c0.jpg

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/Night%20Lords%20II/1609900_10152641971968761_873181979_n_zps5f5e7b83.jpg

I spot a DA helmet below the left handlebar, so now I'm torn between my original guess of a Imp Fist and a renegade dark angel/ fallen.

Looks like Koriel wins everyone! Good guesses all around, you guys even had me considering making him a White Scar instead, however as with all things involving the I Legion, this guy had to be cloaked in shadow. The only one in the know was our very own Captain Semper who is no doubt now on the run from his erstwhile kin over in the Unforgiven board.

Personally I've always loved the scheme for the Fallen and the backstory, one of my favorite characters of all time was Naeroth the Damned from the Bloodquest graphic novels.

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/ScreenShot2014-02-24at25344PM_zps2a6ac8c8.png

I love the idea of these lone renegades wandering the dark paths of the universe, forever hunted and loyal to no one, held together by bitterness and hatred. I may do more Fallen in the future, but who knows, for now though the Dark Angels among you have the name and location of one more wayward brother, Barael the Confessor, come and get him...

Ave Dominus Nox

Well, that's a great quality stuff there Brother Heinrich - which is the usual state in your thread... :)

Barael the Confessor has a great pose and choice of parts and gives the impression of a man with the mission - quite apart from the rest of your force. Very fitting.

I really liked the background too - I think you should try a short story!

Keep up the great work! :tu:

Edited by Captain Semper
Damn autocorrect...

Booyah! I'm the man.

But seriously though, first I thought he was an Imp Fist, crux on the shoulder and mk3 helm and whatnot, but when I looked closer I noticed the helmet ;)

As always, lovely model, painting and fluff.