Night Lords 15th Company - In Memoriam...Pg.68

Left horn from the second helm onto the intact side of the Zerker one. Fluff-wise anyway. 

Wouldn't be a walking corpse without some scratches. :smile.:

Why not make two pinned heads that can be swapped depending on whether he's totting Term or the bike ? Fielded as a Term, and you've a secondary head for the bike champ. There's a challenge. 

Alternative fluff (Kagemusha popped in my mind) and body/armour doubles for head honchos. An idea more than an individual. 

"That Hashec Tor crushed our central company !" 

"Really ?! He destroyed the far left flank too ! He's everywhere ! Eeek !" 

It's all about the perception for you terror boys, no ?

ED: JS fail

Edited by oldschoolsoviet

I agree with the Horned helmet, his original. I have a Rune Priest (named Rhapsody, go figure...) in power armor and in terminator armor. I gave both versions of him the same head, then did not use that head on any of my other space wolves. Plus the horny one adds to the 'flow' of the model, makes it more cohesive IMO. But I really do love the broke open, eye peering out at you look the zerker head has. Like it's his trademark look, his finishing move, his piece de resistance!!

End of Line

I would Use a zerk helm without the damage. That one is cool and all but wouldn't take well to extra horns or wings, which i think are necessary.

So just a regular undamaged berzerker helm with no ornamentation? Or did you mean the horned helm?

Edited by Brother Heinrich

Man I am so torn on this one. On one hand I like the idea of retaining continuity from Terminator Hashec to biker lord Hashec, however I love the brutality of the Zerker helm, as if it's some piece of discarded wargear he throws on so his men don't realize he looks like this beneath it:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5282/5368513118_082f9087a5_o.jpg

I think you've modelled yourself into a corner here Herr Heinrich. The Hashec Tor terminator model is so incredibly stand out that it's impossible for me to associate Hashec Tor looking like anything other than that. The horned head is Hashec Tor's head. The Zerker one could be any old bike riding chaos marine.

Having said that, the Zerker helm is cooler and my preferred one. But the other helmet is Hashec Tor.

I gotta be honest with you - I can't stand the horned helmet. It looks like what you'd expect a typical Chaos Lord to wear, kind of like a mustache-twirling stereotypical evil villain. The other helmet, on the other hand, both links this incarnation of Tor to his previous model, looks absolutely badass but realistic like the rest of your force, and furthermore you even have a bit of fluff about that particular helmet already. Honestly, I think your choice is made. I know which one I'd find scarier - one looks like it's the mask you want me to be afraid of (and I'm not, because it's not actually scary) and the other looks like it's a mask intended to hide what's beneath - because what lies beneath is REALLY scary.

Just my £0.02, of course. Redoing my Contemptor's base at the moment, and was stuck for a Chaos legionnaire to put on it; thanks for finalising my choice for me :wink:

edit: derpface. I thought the 'zerker head was the original Terminator head. It's even in your profile picture. Aren't I a doofus. Well, to be honest I still like the zerker head more - so much in fact I'd advise changing the Terminator model to have that head too, but that's not necessary. I just have this thing about horns on Chaos helmets - I think a much more streamlined, brutal, terrifying look can be achieved with the hornless helms. Take what you will from this and discard the rest.

Edited by BrotherCaptainArkhan

I gotta be honest with you - I can't stand the horned helmet. It looks like what you'd expect a typical Chaos Lord to wear, kind of like a mustache-twirling stereotypical evil villain. The other helmet, on the other hand, both links this incarnation of Tor to his previous model, looks absolutely badass but realistic like the rest of your force, and furthermore you even have a bit of fluff about that particular helmet already. Honestly, I think your choice is made. I know which one I'd find scarier - one looks like it's the mask you want me to be afraid of (and I'm not, because it's not actually scary) and the other looks like it's a mask intended to hide what's beneath - because what lies beneath is REALLY scary.

Just my £0.02, of course. Redoing my Contemptor's base at the moment, and was stuck for a Chaos legionnaire to put on it; thanks for finalising my choice for me :wink:

edit: derpface. I thought the 'zerker head was the original Terminator head. It's even in your profile picture. Aren't I a doofus. Well, to be honest I still like the zerker head more - so much in fact I'd advise changing the Terminator model to have that head too, but that's not necessary. I just have this thing about horns on Chaos helmets - I think a much more streamlined, brutal, terrifying look can be achieved with the hornless helms. Take what you will from this and discard the rest.

Funny enough, I actually may do the headswap on the original model, my thrice-damned demon of cat decided he wanted to prove just how useless Terminator Hashec is as well, and casually flicked him off my desk, thus breaking the tip off one of his horns. I was able to paint it up as if it were battle damaged, but the poor commander has just been thrashed by life lately and it may be time for a change. I could do an intact Zerker helm for the Terminator armor, then after his fall in the jungles of Volusia, give him the fractured one to enforce his backstory.

Funny enough, I actually may do the headswap on the original model, my thrice-damned demon of cat decided he wanted to prove just how useless Terminator Hashec is as well, and casually flicked him off my desk, thus breaking the tip off one of his horns. I was able to paint it up as if it were battle damaged, but the poor commander has just been thrashed by life lately and it may be time for a change. I could do an intact Zerker helm for the Terminator armor, then after his fall in the jungles of Volusia, give him the fractured one to enforce his backstory.

Game, set, match.

Very well then, despite the large amount of votes for the original horned helm, I like the idea of being different from the standard GW product, after all if I'm paying for Forgeworld shipping, then I should definitely flaunt it. Plus the teeth in the mouth grill have always been a favorite of mine and the lines on those helmets just radiate the ancient malice I associate with true veterans of the long war. I shall go pick heavy things up and meditate on this.

Berzerker helmet! I just want to see him run down prey and shout "I SEE YOU" as he peers through the broken helm. His black eyes like that of a massive aquatic predator whose stare seems lifeless until the scent of blood is picked up and the feeding begins.

Man, I wonder when shark week will be back...

Anyways, perhaps the horned helm is built and designed for terminator armor and is not so backwards compatible with power armor. What's wrong with a lord who has armor for ship to ship boarding actions and another for when he is on the ground and prefers the use of his bike. Like back in his days as a young, Nostraman Outlaw Motorcycle Ganger.

I love the brutality of the Zerker helm

This.

If I was going to characterize the nature of your army in one word, I'd use "brutality".

Not "horns".

Your army conveys a concept. It's not a "nice" guy gloopy chaos army. It's pragmatic, it's no nonsense, it is brutal.

If I was ever going to do Chaos again, I'd do my Alpha Legion again because they've always struck me as the ultimate pragmatists. The NL leave me with a similar feeling*. They do things for a reason. They don't dress up because it's fun. They do what they do to accomplish a goal.

So don't make him a blue guy with sparkles, make him brutal.

Well then I'm jumping on the 'over-used-everybodys-favorite helmeted head' bandwagon and making it the preferred head adornment for MY Night Lord Lord!! How's that make you feel now?? Huh?? :P

The teefs in the breather are sick, agreed.

And stupid Loyalist cat...

End of Line

I'm in the "Keep the old helmet on his Termie suit and make this a second suit of armour" crowd, mostly because I'm far too much in love with the Daemon Mask on his Terminator suit. It is imposing and somewhat scary, but I agree that the head has been used way too much since the Dark Vengeance stuff came out.

And anyway, you appear to have made your decision, so I shall leave you to your 'Zerker helmets and find that bunker underneath my house so I can cower in terror at these marvellously brutal Night Lords.

I eagerly await what you come up with.

I'm in the "Keep the old helmet on his Termie suit and make this a second suit of armour" crowd, mostly because I'm far too much in love with the Daemon Mask on his Terminator suit. It is imposing and somewhat scary, but I agree that the head has been used way too much since the Dark Vengeance stuff came out.

And anyway, you appear to have made your decision, so I shall leave you to your 'Zerker helmets and find that bunker underneath my house so I can cower in terror at these marvellously brutal Night Lords.

I eagerly await what you come up with.

Don't worry, old Hashec will remain inviolate, a display piece or something to bring out if the table ever gets friendlier, I plan on building a whole new terminator Hashec with many of the same features but a different head and weapons more in keeping with his current incarnation. We'll call it a retcon lol. And no hiding in your basement brother, you're part of the ship, part of the crew, and we have hunting to do...

Edited by Brother Heinrich