XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion (13Jun2015)

Hyaenidae

So this devil's den that your sergeant stormed...

was it gaurded by Sk'rillex of the salamanders? Upon the plateau of Du'bstep where the mythical bass was dropped?

"Iron within, Iron wit-BOOOOOM WUB WUB WUB...."

"Uhh sarge? Are your throat augmetics malfuntioning?

was it gaurded by Sk'rillex of the salamanders? Upon the plateau of Du'bstep where the mythical bass was dropped?

wow, just wow

You, my friend, need to read up on the American Civil War. And stop listening to that crappy dubstep BS....   ;)

"Uhh sarge? Are your throat augmetics malfuntioning?

You, my friend, need to read up on the American Civil War. And stop listening to that crappy dubstep BS.... msn-wink.gif

Hahaha I know about the Civil war quite extensively my friend.

IIRC wasn't the devil's den in the battle of gettysburg. I remember reading Angels of Death (funny enough on a marine forum)

Edit: oh and only bad guys go home and listen to dubstep in their rooms :D

You, my friend, need to read up on the American Civil War. And stop listening to that crappy dubstep BS.... msn-wink.gif

Hahaha I know about the Civil war quite extensively my friend.

IIRC wasn't the devil's den in the battle of gettysburg. I remember reading Angels of Death (funny enough on a marine forum)

Edit: oh and only bad guys go home and listen to dubstep in their rooms biggrin.png

Good, I was afraid the reference would be lost on folks. Yeah, the Battle of the Devil's Den and Little Round Top.

And only Emperor's Children listen to dubstep. Real Warriors listen to Metal and Hardcore.

Please ignore the little white spots on the base, it's just some wet-effects that haven't quite set yet.

First, Sergeant First Class Mayov, of Sapper Platoon.

gallery_37532_8712_429491.pnggallery_37532_8712_123929.pnggallery_37532_8712_130548.png

And Theodos of Sapper Platoon

gallery_37532_8712_77070.pnggallery_37532_8712_31161.pnggallery_37532_8712_229142.png

Well, definitely learned some stuff. First, The Iron Mask of Olympia is a pain to hand paint; I have some practicing to do.

Second, drab green is a paint to highlight, and make it look realistic.

Third, I think walking away from 40k may have been the best thing to happen to my mindset in this hobby. I feel much more inspired lately, and I have returned to enjoying modeling and painting again.

Well, as always, comments welcome!

EDIT: Iz Daunt Spelliz Gud.

I think your days of 40k aren't over yet, but that's just a hunch. That said, I'm glad you've found this new niche to plug your creative flow into; yours is too powerful not to be model-making!

They look a lot like your Claws - not a bad thing at all. You'll get better at freehanding the Legion badge as the army rolls on. Are you against decals? Also, seeing an Iron Warriors army with minimal hazard striping is refreshing. I'm sure they'll show up in droves at some point, no? tongue.png

I think your days of 40k aren't over yet, but that's just a hunch. That said, I'm glad you've found this new niche to plug your creative flow into; yours is too powerful not to be model-making!

You'd be surprised. I'm in the process of selling anything connected to the year 40,000. My Astral Claws will be out the door in a few days, and I've already sold or traded a bunch of stuff. Even the codex's. I am resolute.

They look a lot like your Claws - not a bad thing at all. You'll get better at freehanding the Legion badge as the army rolls on. Are you against decals? Also, seeing an Iron Warriors army with minimal hazard striping is refreshing. I'm sure they'll show up in droves at some point, no? tongue.png

The metal recipie is the same, as is the gold, so I already had the paints on hand, which is nice. I don't really care for decals, simply because I prefer to do it myself. Hazard striping will be about, just not in vast amounts. I never understood why the IV looked like a factory floor, lol. Still, bits will show up, simply because it does look cool when used right.

They look great, but I can't help but think that the backpacks look a little bland. Although, I suppose, with the Iron Warriors, bland and simple are in, and details and trim are just there because.

I was inspired by the story Iron Within on that one, when Dantioch noted that the Iron Warrior traitors were gilded and fancy. I prefer stripped to basics and grimy as hell.

Always been a bigger fan of Kroeger and Grendel, anyways, lol.

I think your days of 40k aren't over yet, but that's just a hunch. That said, I'm glad you've found this new niche to plug your creative flow into; yours is too powerful not to be model-making!

You'd be surprised. I'm in the process of selling anything connected to the year 40,000. My Astral Claws will be out the door in a few days, and I've already sold or traded a bunch of stuff. Even the codex's. I am resolute.

Oh no! I never commented on any of your threads before, but they have been a huge inspiration over the years. Your Marines Malevolent are quite simply the best representation of that chapter. Ever.

Please ignore the little white spots on the base, it's just some wet-effects that haven't quite set yet.

First, Sergeant First Class Mayov, of Sapper Platoon.

gallery_37532_8712_429491.pnggallery_37532_8712_123929.pnggallery_37532_8712_130548.png

And Theodos of Sapper Platoon

gallery_37532_8712_77070.pnggallery_37532_8712_31161.pnggallery_37532_8712_229142.png

Well, definitely learned some stuff. First, The Iron Mask of Olympia is a pain to hand paint; I have some practicing to do.

Second, drab green is a paint to highlight, and make it look realistic.

Third, I think walking away from 40k may have been the best thing to happen to my mindset in this hobby. I feel much more inspired lately, and I have returned to enjoying modeling and painting again.

Well, as always, comments welcome!

EDIT: Iz Daunt Spelliz Gud.

These look great and I love the muddy bases, but I do have a few suggestions.

1) Mayov's hair could use a bit more highlighting to show strands and that it's hair. At first, I thought he had on some sort of skullcap or coif.

2) I think these guys would have a LOT more mud on them than just their lower legs and boots, though I know that's also something that's easy to overdo and ruin the effect. Maybe some splashes of mud on the thighs and lower torso?

3) OMG, why are you painting icons by hand? B&C has some HH IV Legion decal sheets, man! http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/files/file/231-iron-warriors-pre-heresy-logo-sheet-bols/

4) I want moar. Moar!

Edit: If you need the decal icons turned white, lemme know. I can probably modify them easily enough in Photoshop.

I left 40k, this is true. I love this hobby though, so I decided to time-travel to 30k, where everything is grim-dark still, and bro-fists and hugs to xenos are only given by enraged Dreadnoughts.

This is my Oath of Moment; I shall not look away from a difficult task, nor suffer concepts of hope and happiness. Humanity will become extinct, and I will make the first steps to ensure this fate. Death to the False Emperor.

Well said, sir.

I unliked this post...just so I could like it TWICE.

"Hope is the first step upon the road to disappointment!" One of the few times those mewling Corpse slaves got anything right. What need have we of such? Hate and pride, defiance and harsh oblivion. Let the great knot of the cosmos unravel in the dust.

(Cookie for anyone that can source the bit in italics)

Not until I get a new detail brush, lol. Mine's almost toast.

Cool idea, though. Thanks!

I have an extra one, I'll put it in the bitz lot i'm getting ready for you!

great job.

and as BCK stated + why is that skull clean? maybe a boot print? scorch marks? oh and have you thought about the hammer Idea?

Archived