• 1 month later...

Bit of a huge update this time round, as I've had a bit of a hobby lull and not been sure what to paint with the advent of 8th. However, I figured I should get stuck back into my Dark Angels as they need finishing and also are quite easy to knock out. They're also really fun to use in 8th which helps! There's a dump of squads, but the Assault Squad was completed earlier this year as part of the original Tale of Twenty Gamers, and the Tactical Squad and Deathwing are much more recent.

'To walk the path of the Deathwing is to forever be apart from your brothers, to dedicate oneself entirely to the nobility of retribution'

Deathwing Squad Umbrael

IMAG0008.jpg
IMAG0009.jpg
IMAG0010.jpg

'Our only fear is that our lives are ended before our duty is complete.'

Tactical Squad Rohiel, Fifth Company, Dark Angels Adeptus Astartes

IMAG0011.jpg
IMAG0012.jpg
IMAG0013.jpg

'There is no sweeter song sung to the spirits of a chainsword than the scream of the traitor.'

Assault Squad Omighal, Fifth Company

IMAG0014.jpg
IMAG0015.jpg
IMAG0016.jpg

So next up is some heavy metal, but it's a choice between a Land Raider Crusader or a Nephilim Jetfighter. I really feel it's time for some Ravenwing, but a Deathwing Land Raider would look amazing. Such hardships.

I wanna see Primaris! But these DA are looking good, man. 

Thanks! I'll be honest, there's probably not going to be any of them for the time being. I can't work out a pure Primaris list i like and that stops me from getting fully stuck in. Plus, I'm really looking forward to the Death Guard release so holding fire for that. 

Lovely DA man. Looking forward to seeing some more of them!

Thanks :) There will be plenty more to come, if a little slowly :P

I wanna see Primaris! But these DA are looking good, man. 

Thanks! I'll be honest, there's probably not going to be any of them for the time being. I can't work out a pure Primaris list i like and that stops me from getting fully stuck in. Plus, I'm really looking forward to the Death Guard release so holding fire for that. 

Lovely DA man. Looking forward to seeing some more of them!

Thanks :smile.: There will be plenty more to come, if a little slowly :tongue.:

Fair enough, mate. Maybe a test model... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So I decided on the Nephilim, which was really fun to smash out and took no time at all. Unfortunately I forgot to get a decent action picture of the model before I tucked it away, but I have an older pic that should do :smile.:

'The sound of the Nephilim overhead is the sound of wrath. It is the thunder of the Lion's fury. It is immanent death, the doom of traitors.'

Brother Joheal, Nephilim pilot, Ravenwing, Dark Angels Adeptus Astartes

Nephilim Jetfighter 'Revenant of the Tower'

IMG_20170824_194046.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0024.jpg

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

Edited by Kobrakei

• 1 month later...

More Ravenwing? Go on then!

'The ghosts of Old Caliban protect their brothers. In darkness we strike. In vengeance we act.'

Brother Keliadis, Ravenwing.

Darkshroud Landspeeder 'The Lion's Woe', Ravenwing, Dark Angels Adeptus Astartes.

IMG_20171023_180955_056.jpg

IMG_20171023_180955_058.jpg

IMG_20171023_180955_057.jpg

IMG_20171023_180955_052.jpg

IMG_20171023_180955_068.jpg

This was a re-paint of a model I finished when it first came out, but as I've got better over the years I felt it was time to go from scratch. It helps that it's also solid in game, those -1 to hits are just too good to pass up! Next up is the last Tactical Squad with Rhino, and also the Grand Master of Librarians...