Book 2: Massacre - any more info?

Mortarion24

Coconuts aside, what info do we have on the Iron Warriors?

One of the Night Lord's notable battles was an incident where they were part of an expedition fleet with the Iron Warriors that suddenly found itself under attack by a massive ork space hulk.  The Night Lord's ships immediately scattered while the Iron Warriors took heavy fire and attempted to repel boarders.  By the time the Night Lords began making hit-and-run maneuvers and sending over terror squads to assassinate warbosses and spread chaos to destabilize the space hulk, the Iron Warrior fleet was completely destroyed.  When made to answer for his actions later, the Night Lords commander shrugs it off, saying he wasn't going to fight a battle he couldn't win.

Not the best of moments for the IVth unfortunately.

As for the actual massacre, it makes reference to a unit type known as the steel havocs.  Perhaps something to look forward to in the third book. 

Keep laughing, smartass. I have your ten digit grid coordinate.

and what are you gonna do with it? shoot barrage after senseless barrage at our already vacated positions?yes.gif yes you will, because you're an iron warrior nowwink.png

We'll at be at Terra together. Nobody said you have to leave, child.

devil.gif

hold on, i need to get my special blades from the vault and practice some backstabs, i feel like i'll need them at terrawhistlingW.gif

I own the sky and earth. There are no shadows, as everything burns with Phosphex. Saying "I'm gonna stab you in the back" and actually achieving such results are two different things.

Fantasy and insanity must run in the family, if you think that you'll catch the Iron IV off guard.

(Gee, how did we not win Terra? :D )

If there are any high level questions (not exact points obviously) feel free to drop them here, I can answer now as well.

Anything you can say about the Sicaran battle tank would be nice. (Points estimates appreciated, understandable if not) 

No Morlocks, as such - possibly "not Morlocks" though in the form of Gorgon Terminators. They're pretty cool. I think they're scoring. They have Feel No Pain (5+) which is actually kinda annoying, cause it makes Manus' buff not work out as nicely as it might do (he gives everyone Feel No Pain (6+) unless they already have it, in which case, tough luck...). But they have the standard terminator options and armour as well as a weird rule where if they pass a save, roll a D6 and if it's a 4+, models within 6 inches take a blind test (including friendlies who get a reroll at least). Combining the rules though, you have a unit with 2+/5++, FNP, and a -1S to shooting attacks against them.

Funnily enough that kind of makes Grave Wardens with the Toxin weapons a decentish counter to Iron Hands armies - you take away my strength on guns, eh? Good luck with that... But I suppose that applies to anything with Poison etc.

Manus himself is quite hench as you might expect, think he'll likely come out on top in a lot of Primarch encounters. There's a full rundown of him on Natfka and other places, so probably not worth too much detail...

Sicaran is cool. I'm sure I'm not allowed to go into details, but it's close enough to a Legion Tatical in value. The gun comes with a good amount of firepower- Str 7, AP4, Rending, 6 shots, no Jink saves...It's a Heavy Support, but is a Fast Tank. Can have Lascannons or additional Heavy Bolters if you want it to.

Sicaran is awesome, no doubt. I really like it, and its a lot cheaper (points) than I expected it would be.

Word Bearers fluff is good enough, but if you have read The First Heretic you have most of it already...

Used to be the hardest adherents to the Imperial Truth, which is called out specifically as an athiest system, and they specialized in breaking down the culture/faith of others, hence called Iconoclasts by their peers, but the Imperial Heralds officially.

They sent heralds, in black armour, and skull helms to target cities during the Unification, these guys turned into Chaplains.

No Morlocks, as such - possibly "not Morlocks" though in the form of Gorgon Terminators. They're pretty cool. I think they're scoring. They have Feel No Pain (5+) which is actually kinda annoying, cause it makes Manus' buff not work out as nicely as it might do (he gives everyone Feel No Pain (6+) unless they already have it, in which case, tough luck...). But they have the standard terminator options and armour as well as a weird rule where if they pass a save, roll a D6 and if it's a 4+, models within 6 inches take a blind test (including friendlies who get a reroll at least). Combining the rules though, you have a unit with 2+/5++, FNP, and a -1S to shooting attacks against them.

Funnily enough that kind of makes Grave Wardens with the Toxin weapons a decentish counter to Iron Hands armies - you take away my strength on guns, eh? Good luck with that... But I suppose that applies to anything with Poison etc.

Manus himself is quite hench as you might expect, think he'll likely come out on top in a lot of Primarch encounters. There's a full rundown of him on Natfka and other places, so probably not worth too much detail...

Sicaran is cool. I'm sure I'm not allowed to go into details, but it's close enough to a Legion Tatical in value. The gun comes with a good amount of firepower- Str 7, AP4, Rending, 6 shots, no Jink saves...It's a Heavy Support, but is a Fast Tank. Can have Lascannons or additional Heavy Bolters if you want it to.

I recall someone claiming they heard Alan Bligh say  "not all Gorgons are Morlocks, but all Morlocks are Gorgons". So, in essence, the Morlocks were the elite bodyguard to Manus that he drew from within the Gorgon Terminators.

Are sources still claiming the Gorgons are T5?

Archived