I am with Heathens, Koriel and Russ Brother on this one. Keep the studs.

Indeed. They may look ugly, but elegance is a luxury that no Marine can afford. Especially during the Heresy.

I like him, studs or no studs. He looks badass.

The other thing to remember about the studs is that they could be part of a series of hasty repairs to his vambraces. Molecular bonding studs to reinforce weaker armour plates, ala Mk.5 armour. It adds a great little story to his armour.

gallery_37532_8712_11117.png

"Anyone who believes that a sharpened stick is too primitive a weapon on the battlefield, Sir, has never faced a guidon-toting Yankee on the charge."

-Anon., est. M1

gallery_37532_8712_93055.png

[Pict Capture DX/2-14-270] - Guidon-Ward Hardin; 1st Squad (Tactical)

Thanks for the comments, guys!

WHERE IS THAT HEAD FROM!?! It's awesomesauce and so brutal ohmy.png also I love the quote smile.png

It never occured to me that the master of relics could be used in this way. I like it.

The head is taken from one of the chaplain models, the one with a plasma pistol.

Its Chaplain Grimaldus of the Black Templars.

I am afraid that Barabbas is correct, it's the Chappy model. I wanted to use Grimaldus's head, but trying to snag one on the cheap on Ebay is damn near impossible.

Is that supposed to represent the vexilla? I might just steal that idea at some point.

Indeed. All my breachers and Tacticals will be rocking one, at a minimum.

No doubt that do-gooder got meritorious lance out of astartes boot. Nice work brother.

whistlingW.gif

Nostromian skin and Fenrisian hide,

Makes a pair of jump boots just the right size.

whistlingW.gif

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/ScreenShot2013-10-26at105530PM.png

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/mtn1.jpg

[pict ref.] - 'The Dragon's Throat' - Dhawalagiri Zone

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/adelmar_dtl1.jpeg

[Pict Capture DX/235-2B-116] - Imperial Fist Legion Symbol

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/adelmar_final1.jpeg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/adelmar_final2.jpeg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/adelmar_final3.jpeg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/adelmar_final5.jpeg

[Pict Capture DX/235-2B-153-comp.] - Legionary Adelmar

VII Legion, Siege of Terra – Day 74

These picts were taken sometime during Operation Blackhorse, a series of reactionary raids designed to sever off pockets of overextended III Legion Millennials from traitor supply. The CXVII Storm-Battalion encircled the rear of the Emperor’s Children forces, causing the group to wedge further into lying Imperial Army and IX Legion shadow lines. Adelmar appears to be wearing one of the recaptured suits from Mondus Gamma on Mars. First Captain Sigismund’s blitzkrieg on the Martian forges provided the Imperial Fists with a new compliment of the more advanced Mk. IV suits. I Airborne was awarded a sizeable portion of this fortune sometime during the preparations for the Siege. Adelmar’s helm seems to bear some sort of blast mark, likely from a heavy caliber deflection.

As shown above, Adelmar was armed with a Leucidian pattern bolt pistol (mag-locked to his left thigh), in addition to his main Tigrus boltgun. The Leucidian weapons family was developed as a prototype bolt system that fired caseless ammunition. These pistols were rarely found in the Legion’s ranks, though some members of the I Airborne Company did select them out of preference. Difficult to manufacture and maintain, the Leucidian pattern did however have formidable hitting power for a firearm its size. Foreseeably, it was phased out in favor of more functional equivalents as the Great Crusade carried on.

Legionary Adelmar died on OD-Day +104, alongside his squadmates in the Dragon’s Throat, a snow filled ravine deep in the Dhawalagiri passes. I Airborne had pulled back into allied-held ground to quickly rearm and reequip, when they were caught unexpectedly in the crossfire of a XX Legion Cell. Already licking their wounds, the beleaguered defenders took several casualties before mounting a proper rout of the concealed Alpha Legion sniper teams. Adelmar caught a round through the eye lens. His ruptured head was unable to be buried with his body, something that in his previous culture, would’ve been seen as a curse in the warrior’s afterlife.

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/update27.jpg

[Pict Capture DX/235-2B-154.ii] - Legionaries Adelmar and Helrus, Day 74

Darth Potato- are the arms you used for the "southpaw" charging marine standard in a forge world set, or did you convert them to be left handed somehow?  I love seeing left handed bolter marines- it helps break up the uniformity blobs of marines seem to have.

Echoing the comments on the ash bases- superb work.  Is it baking powder? or something of similar texture? 

Thanks, brothers. Your words are encouragement enough to keep practicing my brushwork. smile.png

Glad the weathering isn't looking too heavy-handed, however, there's many areas I'm not entirely satisfied with.

Darth Potato- are the arms you used for the "southpaw" charging marine standard in a forge world set, or did you convert them to be left handed somehow? I love seeing left handed bolter marines- it helps break up the uniformity blobs of marines seem to have.

Echoing the comments on the ash bases- superb work. Is it baking powder? or something of similar texture?

I used some basic Mk. IV arms chopped up and repositioned. Then moved the left hand to the right side and swapped the thumb as well.

I'll point you to an early post I made on the bases:

Thanks, gents.

The base was created by layering up Vallejo's Desert Sand paste. GW sand is sprinkled onto the base while drying. Afterwards it's painted in grey tones to simulate a rubble sorta look. I then apply AK Interactive's Pigment Fixer for proper adhesion and use black and brown weathering powders for a more realistic effect.

On this newest model I was able to implement "concrete" debris; baked clay that's carved with an xacto to get the desired shape. Hope that helps.

I thought that the Emperor wiped out all those left handed genetic aberrants :P

Mutants they were....

Would you mind making a tutorial on how to do the hand swap? I know some of the sets come with alternate hands such as the assault troops but can you show how?

Much appreciated

Would you mind making a tutorial on how to do the hand swap? I know some of the sets come with alternate hands such as the assault troops but can you show how? Much appreciated

I'd also be extremely appreciative if you made a tutorial for the process- I'd love to be able to field some more left handed marines. 

On this newest model I was able to implement "concrete" debris; baked clay that's carved with an xacto to get the desired shape. Hope that helps.

Yep, sure does, thanks a bunch. 

gallery_37532_8712_11117.png

::::Recovered recording:::Data-Stack VC23-34-0::::Noospheric interface complete:::::processing request::::::Granted:::::

gallery_37532_8712_105936.pnggallery_37532_8712_204248.pnggallery_37532_8712_290442.png

[Pict Capture DX/ 43-956-2] Brother Alban (Breach)

Deceased, OD plus 31. Anti-Tank Mine, remains unrecoverable.

gallery_37532_8712_210370.pnggallery_37532_8712_124305.pnggallery_37532_8712_189938.png

[Pict Capture DX/91-00-342-3] Brother Jhosua (Sapper)

Deceased, OD plus 2. Fatal cranial trauma, sniper round.

gallery_37532_8712_141774.pnggallery_37532_8712_190245.pnggallery_37532_8712_194484.png

[Pict Capture DX/9-00-221] Brother Tollan (Tactical)

Deceased, OD plus 9. Exsanguination, disembowled (Chainsword).

med_gallery_37532_8712_91625.pngmed_gallery_37532_8712_187424.pnggallery_37532_8712_219675.pnggallery_37532_8712_188824.png

[Pict Capture DX/997-83-2221] - Xiphos-Warrant Kell, Dragoon Champion

Deceased (assumed), OD plus 4,382, +Olympia+. Nuclear detonation.

Archived