I love the pose. Thats exactly how I picture one of my XXth legion seeker marines. The story is great to. What do you think of the SoH helms. I think they have a Saxon style to them which I love,but from the side, with the nose, the look a little odd.

Awesome stuff, that pose is killer. Almost nonchalant about being such a badass. And bolters + jumppacks are such a cool combo.

You have just given me tons of inspiration to work on my own Sons of Horus today. No work due to snow, so I plan to take advantage of the extra free time.

Ace -  Thanks, glad to know that what I was going for was achieved. That's all that matters in the end. :)

Jeremy -  The Child Solider is perhaps one of the things that interests me the most about Astartes but is sadly rarely ever explored or atleast to a degree that I would enjoy. It was one of my focal points to make Monsters out of the Kindred, to see what could be done to create the most brutal, devoted killers. I like to think I achieved that.

1000 Heathens -  You know good and well that your approval means something to me. Thanks man.

Demon2027 - Honestly, the Reaver heads to some getting used to at first. Honestly when I first saw them, I hated them. I thought they were silly and just didn't fit in with my concept of the Sons of Horus brutality. However after a while, I sort of realized that when used to the right effect, they portray a more subtle violence, just bubbling beneath the surface. Its why I've sort of grown to love them.

SteelPaladin - Wow, to know I helped inspire another with their work really means alot to me. So glad I could help, man.

Knight of the Raven -  Much appreciated.

I'm not sure I get it.......

In my enthusiasm, I assumed that this was a community project and posted some content. I was politely informed of my misunderstanding and after apologizing, I withdrew my content.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to, or don't have the ability to delete my threads.

The black mark in the text, only visible to me, is a reminder to me to ask first. I am doing penance for my transgression.

In my defense, I will say that I was completely overwhelmed by the awesomeness of this thread. :)

14&fontsize=25&bg=00000

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/ruumlndvaldmock2.jpg

Assault-Captain Ründvald Adler, Master of I Airborne

+++++++

Parts are liable to change. For example, thinking of swapping out the vambraces for a modified pair of Mk. II ones. The helmet crest will be staying, but I'm playing around with using a Mk. IV helm with a greenstuff customized faceplate instead. The base is just there to give a general idea of what the poor traitor dog will look like underfoot. He won't see paint for quite some time but my focus is to get him prepped for it.

Feedback welcomed, I'd love to hear any opinions and how to improve him. smile.png

Don't forget to do something about the XVI Legion identification on his chest plate.

I thought that was how many guys his new sword had killed.

Not sure about a guide but I could do a quick parts rundown:

- Breacher squad helmet

- Mk. II Command crest piece

- Loken's body (reshaped the legs with hairdryer)

- Sevrin Loth's aquila shoulder pad

- Sevrin Loth's Honor Guard shoulder pad

- Cataphractii power sword

- Mk. IV studded vambraces

- Phobos pattern bolter

Noctus: Will do, bro. Still working on him. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Figured I'd ask. Does anyone have the FW Imperial Fists Brass etch they'd be willing to sell me one, single small icon? I'll pay postage and whatever else is necessary. :P

The big bonding studs always make me think of traitors, thanks to the prevalence of them on Emperor's Children and Death Guard, so I wouldn't mind seeing how he looked with the other vambraces. Also, I think the position of the sword could be adjusted to be a bit more dramatic - the old comic book art lessons about using the extremes of a pose for the most dynamic impact keep coming up when I look at him.

I would say that the arm guards need to be changed. The studded ones seem out of place, especially given that almost everything else on the model is lined with a trim. It would look better with MK III guards instead. I think it might also be a pretty cool idea to maybe try and create a trim along the line of the blank face grill. Not necessary but I think it could be a nice touch. Other than that, I think a Saber would look a  bit better on him than a double-edged sword but that's about it.

Yeah, the studs clashed too much with the clean trim across the rest of the suit. I tried Mk. II vambraces and I think that's the way to go. Now it's a matter of growing a pair and attempting to sculpt some layered armor for 'em. 

Not sold on his right shoulder pad either. 

Guess I'm the only one who thinks that he should not only keep the vambraces, but should also have studs across the lower legs.

Imperial Fists, wall keepers, breach holders. Fancy armour is all well and good, but at the end of the day, this man can and should be called upon to fight close. The studs heighten that feeling of brutality and close quarters expertise, of plate layered so thick it can deflect blade and bolt.

*Shrug* Still kicks ass, no matter the direction you choose.

Looks like he's thinking something on the lines of "One down, another few hundred thousand to go."

Digging the pose on that awesome marine. He somehow looks both ready to fight and weary of the slaughter at the same time.

I'm with Heathens and Koriel - tbh I feel you could make the studs cool again which would be nice, plus I have deep thought images of decades of blood and gore being stuck in the rivets, satisfactory reminders of empires conquered and foes destroyed... However it does look awesome already brother :)

Archived