Is Ekiam originally of traitor bloodline?

Just the first thing that entered my mind.

...or did he even originate from the III Legion? That bit about never going to be found wanting somehow sounded similar to one of the ECs' boast to the Emperor. But that would be too simple, surely?

Read the last story, and use yer noggin'.

And Kage, you got inside info, lol. No contest for you. tongue.png

My blood is a little thin at the moment so it might take a while.

EDIT: He wouldn't happen to be one of the Lost Legions would he?

Reading the description of Ekiam, it sounds like you might use Lufgt Huron as a base for him, or atleast one of the astral claw shoulder pads.

Oh and for his origins I'd go with the Xth legion, the bit about not being found wanting.

Niether, getlemen. Nice guess though, but yeah, that would've been too simple, lol.

C'mon guys, I'm borderline insane. Think outside of the box.

Alright, borderline insane then: Ekiam and Madhra are not the same person, but biological brothers, inducted by a cruel twist of fate into "opposite" legions, if you will.

No, that's probably not it either. But it would make for one hell of a showdown somewhere along the way...

It seems like the clues are there, I just cannot make sense of them. There must be a better approach than to just guess at the correct loegion of origin...

I've been reading that last story like a dozen times, trying to work out what the mystery is so I can try and solve it.laugh.png

The best I can do is guess that Ekiam and Mahdra are relatives of one kind or another.

Maybe son or grandson, if Mahdra is much older than him (I assume he is, but I'm going from the nickname the Wolfhound of Old Earth) or brother is Ekiam is older than I realise.

EDIT: arrg, ninja'd!pirate.gif

Here's hoping I'm right about the age difference, then!laugh.png

Upon their shoulders rested the death of an entire Legion of the Emperor's grandchildren, and the crippling of the nineteen others

Perhaps he's the last of either Legion II or XI?

Borderline insane? Fine. Let me think a bit.

The line "It was in his heart, after all" is significant because he's only got one instead of two, and the implementation of whichever geneseed or equivalent he's got wasn't entirely successful. His nickname 'orphan' was used by those around him because he was thus somehow visibly or otherwise noticeably different from the others, and the mocking title was only forgotten to his brothers once he proved himself truly worthy of the distinction.

I'm almost certain I'm wrong, but I might as well throw it in there, right?

Nay to all. Ace, that was a typo, it was supposed to be Hearts. My bad.

His old masters called him Orphan because they knew what the scientists knew, nothing more. After he had proved himself, it no longer mattered, because he proved he was a Son of Dorn.

The hints are there, i promise. Look deeper. The devil's in the details.

Archived