Forté's creations: Started Crimson Fists (pg 67)

Forté

Great paint and modeling job forte,now where is the daemon thats making you do this?need to send it back to the warp so you can rejoin the Fang :wink::smile.:

I wondered when the rest of the pack would be along! :laugh.:

Forte, I'd have to second using bone (or maybe white?) for the jump pack straps.

I was going to suggest something wacky like bright red or pink, but I think these guys might be colourful enough already.:tongue.:

Great paint and modeling job forte,now where is the daemon thats making you do this?need to send it back to the warp so you can rejoin the Fang :wink::smile.:

I wondered when the rest of the pack would be along! :laugh.:

Not seen Skadi, Nrth 'Iron Chin, or Postal for a while. We shall see soon.

Forte, I'd have to second using bone (or maybe white?) for the jump pack straps.

I was going to suggest something wacky like bright red or pink, but I think these guys might be colourful enough already.:tongue.:

Thinking it over. A nice neutral bone would work. Though a clean white would really stand out. It may distract a bit from the rest.

I thought the idea pretty much was to have every part of the model distract people from every other part. :tongue.:

Although come to think of it, if that was the goal, I should have suggested something really crazy, like green and red tartan patterns.:laugh.:

And another painting session done at last. Now I need to boot myself up the .... and get these Raptors completed. Purely so I can start something else. Or the Noise Marine that still needs the modelling finishing.

So here's where the Raptors are after tonight

med_gallery_29004_2673_269644.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_38662.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_84324.jpg

med_gallery_29004_2673_116795.jpg

Mostly bone, weapons, white face plate for the champ, and the flesh to finish. Happy to get the trim out the way though.

Thanks for dropping by as always and hopefully I'll be starting something else by the end of the month. Possibilities are the part built Noise Marine, Daemonettes, Cultists (done from Empire Flagellants to look like slaves being thrown forwards), Forgefiend or Maulerfiend (that's right, I've still not made my mind up), or maybe something completely different. Will have to see. Baby steps :thanks: :tu:

Beautiful painting as usual.  Very EC looking in terms of extravagance.  Definitely something to be proud of.  I will be working on Raptors sometime in the future, I also have a box of 40k ones to mess with, but I think I am going to go with more 30k based heads and shave off all the Chaos-like stuff.  I want to still leave a sinister style to them though

Again, great stuff!

Thank you all for the compliments. I know these have taken some time. And the more I mess around with colours and experimenting the more I'm looking forward to the Noise Marines.

@Armond. The Raptors are a good kit for sure. A lot of the best bits are destined for the more extravagant parts of my army. Do have to admit to really liking the 30k Mk.4 armour (and 5, and obviously 6). Not too sold on the earlier marks but those do work really well on the more blunt Legions like Iron Warriors and Hands.

@DSS7. Cheers but I think it's the slaves and victims that really scream. And I've had a thought about a NM wearing torso skin like a corset. Or maybe a kilt. Think I need my head examined.

@Surreal Cruelty. The skin has a lot more layers to go as none of it has had highlights (apart from the Champ head which is finished). So far they've had two base coats of dwarf flesh and two washes of Ogryn Flesh aimed at creases and areas of shadow. Then a little Devlan Mud in the darkest areas. Usually I'd go darker and also use some blue, purple and red in places but this had no blood flow beneath. I still have at least 3 highlights on the skin.

As for thining my paints. I don't really have a formula. I just add water or medium till I'm happy it flows and try not to have too much on my brush to avoid pooling.

@Cheexsta. Many thanks.

@DSS7. Cheers but I think it's the slaves and victims that really scream. And I've had a thought about a NM wearing torso skin like a corset. Or maybe a kilt. Think I need my head examined.

Oh! My vote is for tied around his shoulders like a preppy guy with a Ralph Lauren sweater ^_^

But on a serious note, those raptors are staggeringly pretty. I know I've said they look candy coated before, and I think that's such a neat unique look.

Good job Forte!

Bone colour was definitely the right choice for those straps. Very nice!

If I had to pick a favourite bit, it'd be that bright yellow trim on that one guy's leg. It's exactly the right sort of eye-catching! I find myself both wincing and at the same time approving how well done it is!:laugh.:

Bet that was a pain to remember which colours you used on the different parts of each trim, as you where building them up and highlighting them anyway great stuff forte.

@Flint13. Was thinking more around the waist for that using arms to tie. The backpack would get in the way round the neck.

@Ace. I'm not going for bone on all of them. It'll be bone or Black with metallic highlights.

@Anaziel. Many thanks.

@Squeaky. I rarely remember what paints I use exactly when doing these. I have general colours I add to create shadows and highlights but even those change. So trying to repeat things is never going to match really.

great job!!!

oh man! you making it really tempting for my to not join the pink side of the Force

big fan of the claw and the champion´s face personally

Cheers. I wasn't too sure on the claw. May need a few more glazes and white in places.

I'm a bit like that as well, though I will be writing how i get my grey on the carcharodons as my latest terminator is ever so slightly lighter and its bugging me.. lol atleast you can get away with saying everyone is meant to be an individual lol :)