Khorne's Eternal Hunt - KrautScientist's chaotic WIP thread 2024: Suddenly, Death Guard...

Cheers, guys! :)

@ ElDuderino: I definitely feel your pain re: photos of Wade's army, because his original website is dead, as is the army feature on the GW site. That being said, you'll find an ancient - yet still functional - Blogspot site here and a Photobucket gallery here. I'm not sure whether or not those have all the stuff, but a fair amount of his models can be found there. Now go "right click & save" the feth out of that gallery ;)

Thanks man, I found the photobucket-account but hadn't seen the blog. It's a shame that's all that's left. Maybe some internet archive has it somewhere...

Done!

Look what I got for you: 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/funny%20pics/temporary_zpshr1oyjtn.jpg

PM me your address (again) and I'll send it to you. 

Edited by Augustus b'Raass

Love that second chibi knight. I know you already thought about it a lot because you're that kind of guy, but I wish there was some bit for the legs that would be more faithful. Especially the narrower thighs. I wonder if Mk. 3 armor would be a better base next time around (because you really should just do a whole squad of them, honestly) since it's heavy on front. Not sure how you could thin out the back, but the bell-bottom look of Knight armor seems too iconic to miss. Of course that would be really, really fiddly... That said, seeing that amazing gatling cannon, I'm pretty sure you're okay with fiddly at this point. 

Holy cow, the new shoulder pads on it are SO good, as is the over-the-head cowl. And what is that head? Almost looks like old Gray Knights, but I think they were all asymmetrical. 

Cheers, guys!

@ Charlo, Dragonlover & malika666: I am actually rather interested in Adeptus Titanicus, and I would love for my Chibi-Knight to fit into the game. I am not actually counting on it, however, as I suspect Chibi-Gilgamesh might be a bit too big. And there's always the fact that I went with the clunky old skook Epic proportions (see my reply to Augustus above), so he'd probably end up sticking out like a sore thumb. But we'll see...

@ Aasfresser: Cheers, mate! I am currently putting together the second part of the series, but it's a bit of an uphill struggle, both because I am so lazy and because there are so many excellent videogames to distract me ;)

@ JeffTibbetts: Cheers, mate! I get what you're saying about the legs, but in the end, those Raptor legs were reasonably similar while also having the huge advantage of coming with separate feet, so I didn't need to dig out the Marine feet with a hobby knife to be able to replace them with feet looking like the ones on the 28mm Knight -- and when all is said and done, the feet are arguably even more important for the look of the model than the leg armour.

On a related note, I actually went through the trouble of shaving away the backside of the upper thighs and replacing them with struts on Chibi-Gilgamesh, in order to further approximate the look of the actual Knight legs, but I didn't do that on the second model, mostly because the visual impact was very small and didn't really justify all the extra conversion work.

Oh, and that head is from that ancient multi part plastic chaos warrior kit from the mid-to-late 90s: Several of the heads from that kit look almost exactly like Imperial Knight heads, funnily enough -- as a matter of fact, another one was used on Chibi-Gilgamesh!

See, I knew you had already looked into it. Consider me satisfied. And you're right about the feet being really important. 

Also: I heard the new Epic will be using something closer to 8mm than 6mm so they'll be a bit bigger than before. Mini-Gil might fit right in. 

Edited by JeffTibbetts

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

I've had a somewhat rocky start into my hobby year, with very little hobby mojo and other hobbies seriously cutting into my painting and building time. But this past weekend, I've decided to end this vicious circle and to finally make some progress on my first model for the currently running "Loyalty and Treachery" event. So here's a photo from earlier tonight, showing you a fuzzy glimpse of my 30k World Eaters Contemptor:

world-eaters-contemptor-pip.jpg

Still quite a bit of work left, as the photo shows the model before decals, glazes, sponge weathering and blood. I've spent the last two hours carefully applying all the decals I want on the Contemptor, which has been quite an ordeal but will definitely be worth it! So expect some better photos tomorrow, hopefully, and then it's time to seriously dirty this guy up ;)

As always, let me know what you think! :)

Cheers, mate! And yes, he's still far too clean, but I can only start with the glazes and weathering once the decals are all in place.

Speaking of which, here's a look at the model, tacked together and with all of the decals where they need to be:

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-2.jpg

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-3.jpg

The Contemptor's still squeaky-clean at this point, and I actually almost feel bad for having to break out the dirt and grime... ;)

AAAAARP*

Hurray! Krauty's back. And how - that contemptor is looking good. I get what you're saying about a rocky start. I've been overwhelmed too by things other than miniatures painting - mostly terrain and starting a new job. But your re-entry is stellar, as always. I can't wait for the grim, dirt, and mud you're going to apply.

Good to see you back into the fold. :)

*sound of someone learning how to breath again after being hit in the plexus. ;)

Thanks, guys! I have to say that the Contemptor has turned out to be just as much fun to paint as I had hoped -- a really great model to break through the hobby fatigue!

So here he is, with glaze on and the first round of sponge weathering in place:

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-4.jpg

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-5.jpg

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-6.jpg

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-7.jpg

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-8.jpg

Unfortunately, the lighting conditions eat up some of the finer nuances, but these were the best photos I could take in the short window of opportunity before heading off to work. Here's a closer look at the head, showing you the glowing red visor:

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-9.jpg

The next step will be to carefully apply some weathering to the blue parts of the armour as well as the reactor section on the Contemptor's back. And then, of course, there will be blood ;) I have to say I am already pretty happy with the model, though!

Here he is, next to his squishier brothers:

world-eaters-contemptor-pip-10.jpg

Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreciate the positive comments!

@ JeffTibbetts: It is a beautiful effect, but alas not one I can claim credit for: the chain with the skulls is a bit from the Bloodsecrator that comes with the Age of Sigmar starter box.

That being said, I keep using the shackles that appear on multiple models from that same starter kit on my 30k World Eaters, because they create a nice duality: They can be interpreted as an early hint of the 4th assault company's later incarnation as a band of huntsmen. At the same time, however, shackles are also a symbol of Angron's (and many of the legion members') former lives as slaves -- and then there's another layer of meaning when it comes to the World Eaters unwittingly setting themselves up for eternal slavery to Khorne...maybe I am overthinking this ;)

Kraut, I love your Contemptor :tu: Great conversion and obviously the colour scheme. You know, I am seriously thinking of going HH as it is taking off at our club and I am thinking of starting Worldeaters as they are not taken yet, with yours (and Pooms) a big inspiration. Depends where GW go with this Black Legion/Abaddon thing!!

Anyway, great work as ever B)